PDA

View Full Version : another belated anniversary

Kyaatje
December 11th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Beginning of October 2010 I joined the LHC after lurking for a month or so.
January (or Februari) 2009 I had my last haircut and I looked like this (don't look at the crazy eyes:p)
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/kyaatje/familie/gekke%20ikke/DSCN3530.jpg
Then I thought about getting it longer so I put in some fake dreads to get me past al kind of awkward stages :
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/kyaatje/Facebook/Profile%20Pictures/7230_1236947006170_1423936_n.jpg
but then the upkeep was something I hadn't had the time for at that moment, so I got them out after a good 6 months
at that stage my hair was at around shoulder and I decided to get the left side shaven, like an undercut I think it is called ? No pic's to prove that one ;-)
This is one from around the time that I joined :
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/kyaatje/hair/P1000523.jpg
and this is the most recent one I got (the pink ends are fluo pink as we speak instead of pale pink :cool::D)
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/kyaatje/hair/P1000773-1.jpg

In the mean time I did some S&D sessions, I did cut a bit to get the hemline more even (remember the undercut ....!)
I did some experimenting along the way with shampoo bars, soapnuts etc
At the moment I was 1 time a week (unless I have an appointment when the last days are approaching and my hair looks as dirty as it is :p) and I use watered down shampoo around 1 teaspoon on 2 cups of water to wash and I condition, comb through with my hands rinse, do an acv rinse and when my hair is medium dry I scrunch in some coconut oil. I'm happy with that routine for the moment.
Since my thumbs are in the middle of my hipbone here, I think I can call this hip ? So on to the next stage !

rock007junkie
December 11th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Holy Moly! That's amazing progress! Congrats on your hair-versary

WaitingSoLong
December 11th, 2012, 08:56 AM
I am a tad in disbelief at your AMAZING GROWTH geez I wish people would share the hair growth fairy dust! lol.

What about your shaved under/side? Are you growing it out or keeping it shaved?

ETA: Ok I see you are growing it out. I confess to paying more attention to the photos than the text LOL. How long is that part now?

Golden
December 11th, 2012, 09:07 AM
wow amazing!! I love the pink in the last picture :p

And Kyaatje, you are never going to believe me but we met a couple of months ago! :D
We met @ LUSH, You saw my bun (and hairstick) and we started talking.
I searched all over the LHC to find you and I finally did! :disco::joy::eye:

oktobergoud
December 11th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Woah your hair grew like WEED! It looks amazing :D Congrats!

ozzy
December 11th, 2012, 10:10 AM
amazing progress :) and it looks like you had fun with it whilst it was growing out :D

pogo0685
December 11th, 2012, 10:24 AM
I love the pink! You have beautiful hair!

Kyaatje
December 11th, 2012, 10:25 AM
wow amazing!! I love the pink in the last picture :p

And Kyaatje, you are never going to believe me but we met a couple of months ago! :D
We met @ LUSH, You saw my bun (and hairstick) and we started talking.
I searched all over the LHC to find you and I finally did! :disco::joy::eye:

hihihihi Well it doesn't surprise me ! While I was still working there they knew all the long haired people were mine :) And if I spotted a hairstick "in the wild" I was on it LOL Working there gave me the opportunity to start conversations with people that wouldn't be so easy outside of the shop. I did tell a lot of people to come here to, but not everybody did off course ;)

Thank you guys on the comments that my hair did grow .... for me it seems like it stopped growing ! I think I had a growth spurt in the beginning when I started to grow out, but the last couple of months (up to a year) I feel it didn't grow that much. I was aiming for waist last december, and I'm only at hip now so .... Hopefully the next spurt is coming soon LOL

WaitingSoLong : I haven't measured the bit that was shaven but I estimate it is around BSL or a bit longer now. The fringe I cut last summer is now between chin and shoulder (about to be called full on shoulder)

And Ozzy : oh yes, I see no point in growing out your hair if you're not going to enjoy it ! It's not like somebody ordered me to grow out, or I can't change my idea of what I want if I end up not liking something ..... no enjoying is what it is all about ! Enjoying the journey, enjoying the experimenting, enjoying the look on peoples faces when they see my hair loose or when they see the next crazy thing I did with it "at my age" :) :) :p

Golden
December 11th, 2012, 10:37 AM
hihihihi Well it doesn't surprise me ! While I was still working there they knew all the long haired people were mine :) And if I spotted a hairstick "in the wild" I was on it LOL Working there gave me the opportunity to start conversations with people that wouldn't be so easy outside of the shop. I did tell a lot of people to come here to, but not everybody did off course ;)
You don't work there anymore? :( every time I was in the city, I went to lush to see if you were there (well, that doesn't sound creepy at al!) and to buy stuff, ofcourse. :D Anyway, your hair has grown so much in such a short amount of time! It's beautiful :flower:

Kyaatje
December 11th, 2012, 11:18 AM
You don't work there anymore? :( every time I was in the city, I went to lush to see if you were there (well, that doesn't sound creepy at al!) and to buy stuff, ofcourse. :D Anyway, your hair has grown so much in such a short amount of time! It's beautiful :flower:

No my last day there was end of July. Well you didn't creep me out ;) I always thought that some people might find me creepy, with the fussing over hair like I did hihihihihihi

novemberfoxtrot
December 11th, 2012, 11:32 AM
WOW! I am truly in awe of your growth! And I love the pink ends!

Tota
December 11th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Omg :agape::agape::agape: Your hair is gorgeous! Simply gorgeous. Amazing growth, congrats!

jacqueline101
December 11th, 2012, 12:47 PM
That's amazing progress.

janeytilllie
December 11th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Wow amazing growth! Your hair is very beautiful. I love the pink.
Congrats on your progress and anniversary :)

Kyaatje
December 12th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Thank you all :-)

Falcore
December 12th, 2012, 04:19 AM
You have amazing growth! Congrats

white.chocolate
December 12th, 2012, 07:40 AM
You're hair is very pretty. I especially love the pink going on there. :) Congratulations on your anniversary!

But... HOW ON EARTH DID YOUR HAIR GROW SO FAST??

PixxieStix
December 12th, 2012, 09:19 AM
That just might be some of the most spectacular three year hair growth I've ever seen, congratulations! What a truly amazing story, and how fun is it that you've met another LHC member in the real world?! Oh, that is just unbelievably cool.

Kyaatje
December 12th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Thanks ! It is good to read that everybody thinks I had some fast growht because I was thinking it was really slow LOL that iw why these treads are so important !

@PixxieStix : isn't it ? I worked in that shop fot 4 years and asked a couple off people flat out whether they were on the LHC and they never were, and now ... Bingo ;)

Kyaatje
December 12th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I wish I knew !

This was directed at white.chocolat but something keeps going wrong with my quotes !

GabrielleRose
December 12th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Stunning growth, and what BEAUTIFUL hair you have! :agape: