PDA

View Full Version : Help: heat protectant for winter blow-drying?

OleanderTime
December 10th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I blowdry my hair most days per week (safely: after micro-fiber towel drying, on warm, to about 90% dry). I live in Michigan, after all! On some of these related threads, I've seen people recommend using a heat protectant. The only ones I know of are conventional, and contain cones. I think by definition only 'coney products will protect hair from heat, though other valuable products can rebuild hair after damage (deep conditioners, etc.).

Am I wrong? Is there an LHC-friendly "heat protectant" that goes well with a safe wash/condition regiment?

Thanks in advance!

akilina
December 10th, 2012, 02:19 PM
I honestly don't see the need here... Don't make your heat too hot, and keep a proper distance from your hair and the blow dryer, use a brush and manipulate your hair drying the roots first. Get yourself a big diffuser if you feel necessary. Generally, if you are doing things properly I dont see your hair having much damage from a little blow drying...
I could see anything that is NOT synthetic (like using oils, etc) not being beneficial at all. Its like people using coconut oil before straightening their hair...bad idea.
Are you opposed to cones? I dont see them as not hair friendly..everyone definition is different though.

Edit: at most, I think worrying about mechanical damage would be a bigger issue than the heat thing

rtree721
December 10th, 2012, 02:24 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=101031
This one may have some answers for you.

jacqueline101
December 10th, 2012, 03:06 PM
I like the Aussie heat protector it makes your hair soft and shiny. I use my turbie towel to dry about 90 percent of the way.