PDA

View Full Version : Reasons to love health food stores!

stephanie6211
December 7th, 2012, 07:46 PM
I made a trip over to my local Whole Foods the other day to pick up some essential oils, and one of the workers stopped to comment on my hair. Her exact words: "Wow, your hair is gorgeous, do you use henna?!"

YES!! YES I DO!! It totally made my day that someone in my everyday life actually knew about henna. Usually I'm stuck explaining how on earth my hair is flaming red without using chemical dyes. :D

Anyone else have any fun, in-real-life-knowledgable-people stories? :disco:

sunshine-locks
December 7th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Yes! Last week at my friend's party I got introduced to this girl and it turned out she uses henna too! We chatted for a good 10 minutes about where we buy our henna and how good it makes our hair, I was so happy! :D

Natalia
December 7th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Thats so fun! I cant think of anything hair related i usually keep it up in something simple like cinnabun or nautilus and my fine thin hair is deceptive when up people guess im around waist not classic :(. But i do think one of the more amusing healthfood store stories i have was when i was looking at a diva cup and i had been standing there a while when one of the workers asked me if i needed help. I automatically responded no thank you im just trying to decide between this and a luna, the funy part was she knew exactly what i was talking about and asked me what color i wanted :D! Didnt end up getting either one but it makes me giggle to this day.

DarkCurls
December 8th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Ooh... That's great. I don't think I know anyone in real life who knows about henna.

I've looked for herbs like henna or cassia in local health food stores, but no such luck. I only like them because they're the only place I can buy coconut oil.

Unofficial_Rose
December 8th, 2012, 02:36 AM
It's pretty rare for people to recognise hennaed hair, so that is a lovely story.

When I hennaed, I once answered the door wearing a cling film bonnet and beanie hat combo to the postman, who was in his 50's, I'd say. He said "Are you hennaing? I used to use henna".

Majala
December 8th, 2012, 02:44 AM
It's pretty rare for people to recognise hennaed hair, so that is a lovely story.

When I hennaed, I once answered the door wearing a cling film bonnet and beanie hat combo to the postman, who was in his 50's, I'd say. He said "Are you hennaing? I used to use henna".

Haha, I love it when random things like that happen!

melusine963
December 8th, 2012, 12:30 PM
I love my healthfood shop because it's the only place I've found in my entire town that sells coconut oil.