PDA

View Full Version : He said yes!

AutumnLocks
December 4th, 2012, 07:09 PM
After I replied to the last post I was reading I broached the subject of DH doing my trims for me. His reply was....If you trust me then I will give it a try, but I'd like for you to cut my hair too. :pray: He is normally very picky about his hair so I am a bit nervous about it. We are going to get a set of clippers for me to use to do his. I think it will be pretty easy and he says so too but I'm still a bit nervous. I'm not at all concerned about him cutting mine. I know he is meticulous about most everything he does so he will do a great job. We are both tickled to not have to go to a salon and spend $20 every time one of us gets a cut!
So wish us luck! We may need it....lol

kallarina
December 4th, 2012, 07:15 PM
DBF just trimmed my hair the other day for the first time. He did so great. After that, he asked me to do his. He said if it turned out badly, he could just shave it off. I was nervous too, but he said I did really great, and hasn't shaved it yet. :)
Good luck, if my DBF and I can do it, anyone can!

akilina
December 4th, 2012, 08:35 PM
If you are unsure..use the clipper guards to your advantage! Say..you used a #4 on top (1/2 inch) and used a #2 on the back and sides (1/4 inch)..you can blend it using only your clipper guards...just keep going up and up...go from #2, 2 1/2 (by flipping the little ting on the side), #3, then 3 1/2, and clean everything up with the #4 again closer to the top so everything blends.

Sorry if you already know this, but I am a hairdresser myself and learned this from a woman I worked with...especially when doing very short fades from a 0 (skin) to longer. Its saved me much time and helped blend some things that just did NOT want to blend :)

Ligeia_13
December 5th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Is it bad that after 2 years, I still don't trust my boyfriend to trim my hair? :p

He really doesn't give a crap about his hair( that's crazy thick and strong and grows like a weed, may I add) and I'm afraid he might just hack off more just to prove a point or something. Or as a joke. Cause he doesn't really understand me and my hair.

Yay for you though!

whitedove
December 5th, 2012, 07:49 AM
I cut my Dads hair with clippers, I was really nervous the first few times doing it. I discovered that taking your time and starting off with a slightly longer gauge (sp). as you can always take off more if he wants it. I think its great that you both have the faith in each other todo this together :)

torrilin
December 5th, 2012, 08:25 AM
I trim my own hair using Feye's self trim method.

Since my partner is wearing his hair in a buzz cut these days, he's considering having me take over his trims. It's not a huge deal financially either way for us, since his hair grows at a pretty average rate so he doesn't need a fresh trim more than once every 2-3 weeks. My brother and dad both tend to need trims every week if they're wearing a buzz since their hair grows so fast. Waiting 3 weeks leaves them obviously shaggy, so they both can and do trim their own.

itdontmatter48
December 5th, 2012, 10:22 AM
I say go for it! Why not?

lunalocks
December 5th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I started cutting DHs hair about 20 years ago. I followed the lines of the previous haircut and as the years rolled by, become more confident. I use a fine toothed comb and sharp scissors. I am very grateful he had the confidence in me to let me give it a go. I, on the other hand, am so picky about my hair, I won't let anyone other than my long hair guru touch it. I wish I could let this go, but I can't. The fear of an accidental mistake, or taking off a bit too much on one side and then having to even it out is too great. My hair grows so slowly. 3 inches net per year. just too risky.

jacqueline101
December 5th, 2012, 11:36 AM
I trim it long taking very little off.

oktobergoud
December 5th, 2012, 11:41 AM
LOL my first reaction when I read the title was 'what does a marriage proposal has to do with hair???' lol!

But that's great! :) Good luck! ;)

sibiryachka
December 5th, 2012, 11:53 AM
I'm jealous! I trim DF's hair for him, but when I ask him to return the favor he gets all deer-in-the-headlights. I'm sure it's because he's worried that I'd snub him for weeks if he screwed it up, but for pete's sake, dude, man up. All you have to do is cut in a straight line, and with your mad construction skills, I have every confidence in your ability to do that. Sigh.

dmilton
December 5th, 2012, 08:19 PM
That's great! I generally have my mom trim my hair.. she's done it many times and my husband doesn't feel comfortable to do it (he's afraid he'll cut too much off). As for his hair.. he shaves his head and prefers to do it himself. :D

jojo
December 6th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Good for you for having a hubby who can do this for you, id never let my husband within 5 foot of my hair!

MORE
December 7th, 2012, 03:29 AM
That's great! I cut my DBF's hair regularly. I was super nervous the first times but now I think I got a hold of it. His hair looks great, and he's happy with it! Or veryveryvery polite lol.

I asked him if he would trim mine (and explained very carefully the difference between a cut, a trim and a dusting - in my world). He said yes, which is nice. But I'm really not sure why I asked, guess I just had to know, because I haven't trimmed since March and don't intend to do so next year either.

I love the thought, though. This will sound extremely cheesy but I really do feel like it's a bounding thing, you know, becoming a team and things like that.

Immera
December 7th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Using Feye's Self-trim method you can take care of your own hair. Here is a video. Simple. Easy peasy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Erf49Eyxc

MORE
December 8th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Jojo, I love your new siggy! I just have to learn how to do that scarf bun asap! :)