PDA

View Full Version : "7 Year Anniversary Shed"

ravenreed
December 4th, 2012, 12:14 PM
I have been going through a major shed recently. I am quite annoyed as I just had a major shed two years ago after surgery to remove an ovary. My hair is still growing out from that. After a bit of panic trying to figure out why I am having yet another shed, I realized that youngest son will be 21 in a few months. See, after I had each of my two sons, I lost a huge amount of hair. I have noticed that ever since then, about every 7 years in fact, I have a little "7 Year Anniversary Shed." It makes sense as all those hairs would be on the same growth cycle, but it is SO annoying! I lose about a third of my hair in a short amount of time. Ah well, it should be over soon, and at least I can stop freaking out about what could be causing it. For now, I am adding rosemary EO and castor oil to my scalp oilings, in hopes that I can reduce the shedding and help the new hairs grow faster.

jacqueline101
December 4th, 2012, 12:24 PM
I wonder if anyone else has seen a pattern to their shedding. That's interesting you've a 7 year shed.

sakuraemily
December 16th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Are you sure its not just a deficiency?

goldloli
December 16th, 2012, 12:08 PM
I have the same thing from past tricotillomania. A bunch of hairs are all on the same cycle and boom 1/3 of hair just gone. fortunately i've only experience it once so far.

spidermom
December 16th, 2012, 01:07 PM
I haven't noticed a specific regularity to my shedding pattern, but I've certainly lost a lot of hairs this autumn.

ravenreed
December 16th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Yep, I have my blood tested regularly. I am periodically low in B-12 so I get shots. Other than that, all my bloodwork is disgustingly textbook perfect.

ETA: Youngest son in 21 soon, so this is the THIRD time it has happened. The first time I was surprised... the second time I figured it out with a little math. Now I am just resigned, lol!

Are you sure its not just a deficiency?