PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Conditioner for CO?

animetor7
December 3rd, 2012, 11:21 PM
So basically I want to add CO into my routine but I don't have a lot of money to spend on a conditioner, (read $5 or under) so my question to all the lovelies of the LHC is what is your favorite relatively cheap conditioner to use for the CO method?

Natalia
December 3rd, 2012, 11:34 PM
My to go to cheapies are trader joes tea tree tingle and suave coconut (yeah i know lhc fav lol) trader joe spa condish is ok but not moisturizing enough for me. Keep in mind though im mainly wo so i rarely use condish (once every 2-3 months maybe) and shampoo maybe 1 - 2 a year and im cone free so my needs might be different than yours.

Mingle
December 4th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Right now I'm using Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, but I'm gonna try Trader Joe's Refresh soon (I've run out, ahhh!). I'm hoping the citric acid in it (which is high in the ingredients list) will help with the nasty hard water I have here.

Kittykins
December 4th, 2012, 03:21 AM
I use alberto vo5 moisture milks in passion fruit smoothie. :D

Louise148
December 4th, 2012, 03:46 AM
I use Inecto Coconut conditioner which works really well for me.

Lauram
December 4th, 2012, 06:14 AM
I really like vo5 tea therapy. It smells like vanilla tea and it's a clarifying conditioner and it cleanses perfect for me without stripping.

MissEarlGrey
December 4th, 2012, 07:12 AM
I would love to get the TJ's brand but the fly in the honey is the parabens at the end of their otherwise lovely ingredient list.

I've been using Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner for about 3 years now. I go through a 32 oz bottle in two months or so, and I like to get it on sale so it comes up to about $4.50 per month. Not bad, eh? Instead of the traditional CO method, I squirt about two tablespoons of conditioner into a empty hair color bottle (you can just buy them at Sally's) and add about 5 ounces of water from the shower spray, shake it up and saturate my head. I use another conditioner on my length (right now I'm using Shikai) and rinse out after 5 minutes or so. Less conditioner waste IMO and it's been working great for me for years. If my head of hair is anything to go by.

neko_kawaii
December 4th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Another user of TJ's Spa condish.

jillosity
December 4th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I've only been doing it for a few months, but Suave Daily Clarifying is working well and it's super duper cheap!

jaquelines
December 4th, 2012, 10:36 AM
For me Albetro Sunkissed Raspberry works perfect, as well as the kiwi and lime clarifying one (which does not dry my hair). But I confess the best results were with burt's bees pomegranate conditioner. My hair gets the best of cleansing without drying and I have the feeling I have to use less conditioner to cleanse than the other ones.

PeacenQuietGal
December 4th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Most often Suave Naturals Coconut, or if it is sold out at Walmart, then one of the other Suave Naturals. I particularly like that you can match up with body wash and deo with the Suave Naturals products, that's kinda nice. Then occasionaly VO5 Green Tea and Blackberry I think? VO5 anyway is my second favorite.

Oh I do think it is very interesting that the Suave Naturals Coconut is always sold out except for one last bottle - which seems to be there just for me Ha Ha!

animetor7
December 4th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Thank you all for your replies. I think I'll try Suave Naturals Coconut first as we don't have a TJ in my area :(. After that runs out we'll see. :)

alyaziaaah
December 4th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I use suave naturals refreshing waterfall mist. It works well and doesn't give me build up

ravenreed
December 4th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Suave Wild Cherry is my favorite CO conditioner.

Long_hair_bear
December 4th, 2012, 04:14 PM
I use Pantene Ice Shine as recommended to me by piggy and my hair LOVES it! Very smooth hair!

hypersensitive
December 4th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Vo5 condish is the best price. A 15 fl oz bottle for $1(or even less in some places, with sales), you can't get any better than that! Vo5 Kiwi Lime is my absolute favorite, great scent, especially for the summer months.

CaityBear
December 4th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Suave is a really good one however my favourite is Salle. It's not a known brand. I found it at Bargain Shop and Fields. I like using it because it's $2 or $3 for a 1L bottle so lasts a lot longer than the Suave. I also have a Dollarama conditioner I adore. Olive Oil something or other conditioner.

luxepiggy
December 4th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Garnier Fructis Fall Fight on the scalp, Pantene Ice Shine on the length. Gotta have my aminosilicones! (^(oo)^)v