PDA

View Full Version : Is this waist, or am I hanging around MBL?

shutterpillar
December 3rd, 2012, 02:04 PM
***NEW PICTURE POSTED***
What do you think? I am having a hard time deciding. I keep thinking I might have another inch or two to go - but as they say... you are your own worst critic. DH seems to think it is hanging around my waist area, but my layers are really throwing me off and making it seem shorter than it may be, so I think I am still at MBL.

I haven't taken a hair picture since august (seen in my most recent blog post) and it was just at BSL then.

What do you think? Waist or MBL? To kinda give you something to go off of, my shirt is hanging around my hip bone area, and the point of the V in my jeans is at TBL.

New picture with tighter shirt:
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad351/ashmey86/Hair/hair2212.jpg

Original picture:
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad351/ashmey86/Hair/hair1212-1.jpg

millyaulait
December 3rd, 2012, 02:09 PM
I would honestly call this waist! :D

Your hair is beautiful~

bunzfan
December 3rd, 2012, 02:11 PM
Because we cant see your waist its really hard to tell, i vote tuck your top in your jeans thats what i do to see where hip is, beautiful hair and if your not there your so close.

shutterpillar
December 3rd, 2012, 02:15 PM
Perhaps I should throw on a different shirt and try again. I'll wait for more responses, and if everyone seems to be confused, then i'll give it another go. :)

Mayflower
December 3rd, 2012, 02:20 PM
It's hard to tell, looks like waist to me though. You should just put your hands in your waist (smallest part of your torso) and see if your hair reaches to there?

pogo0685
December 3rd, 2012, 03:29 PM
Its kinda hard to tell, but your hair looks about where I think mine is, and I dont think mine is quite to waist yet. I second guess myself every day though. I agree with others though its really hard to tell without a tighter shirt. Your hair and color are beautiful though! :D

spirals
December 3rd, 2012, 03:55 PM
I can see the smallest part of your torso. You're at least an inch past waist dry. With wet hair, you are probably closer to hip.

Lissandria
December 3rd, 2012, 04:24 PM
Looks to me like you're there but it is hard to tell. Congrats and gorgeous hair! :)

shutterpillar
December 3rd, 2012, 04:34 PM
Alright, new photo added with a different shirt. My hair is a bit more windblown and tangly in this one too, so you'll have to excuse its condition. ;) ... I had just come back from dinner. :)

P.S. thanks for the compliments! :D

Long_hair_bear
December 3rd, 2012, 04:40 PM
If you are, then I am. Our hair looks to be in about the same spot. I can't decide if I'm at waist either.... I think I'm pry just shy of it.

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/5358596ae5191e15394074c5646e8658.jpg

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/cad480672856920edea14ffc62147225.jpg

shutterpillar
December 3rd, 2012, 04:46 PM
If you are, then I am. Our hair looks to be in about the same spot. I can't decide if I'm at waist either.... I think I'm pry just shy of it.

I agree, we do seem to be about the same spot (we seem to be close to hair twins, too!) I do think I have about 2 more inches left, but my husband kept insisting so I decided to check in here. ;)
I have cut about 1 inch off of it since my last picture in august, so if I weren't wanting to get rid of my damage so bad I would probably be there!

IndigoOptimist
December 3rd, 2012, 04:51 PM
I'd say you're not quite there yet, it's one of those irritating ones which you can juuuuuust see, but it's not quite there yet :/

shutterpillar
December 3rd, 2012, 05:15 PM
I'd say you're not quite there yet, it's one of those irritating ones which you can juuuuuust see, but it's not quite there yet :/

Thanks for your opinion! I am leaning the same way. I'll probably hit it by the beginning of March since I have one 1/2 inch trim to do in January.

jacqueline101
December 3rd, 2012, 08:11 PM
I'd say you're at waist.

Yozhik
December 3rd, 2012, 09:26 PM
It looks to me to be maybe a mere .5 inch away. :flower:
But that's still considerable growth since BSL in August!

In order to test where your waist is, a trick I use is to bend to one side (as if you were stretching one arm to your feet), keeping your back parallel to your hips. That point where your side bends should be your waist, so if you put a finger exactly where that is, and then take a photo holding that spot, it should be an accurate gauge. :)

minxe
December 3rd, 2012, 09:35 PM
Looks like MBL to me.

Kyla
December 3rd, 2012, 09:47 PM
I think you're just the teeniest bit away honestly, but so so close. :) Congrats on the growth.

kidari
December 3rd, 2012, 10:09 PM
I agree you are probably less an inch away from it. We're about in the same spot as well! Sometimes I think it is waist and other times I think maybe less than half an inch away?? That's how I feel about your hair. We also seem to both be have high waist lines and our hemline is not completely straight and blunt. To me it looks like the longest pieces are at waist though.

jojo
December 5th, 2012, 03:00 AM
Id say your very near, i can see your waist in the first photos quite easily, the 2nd photo shows you at waist but your bare backed photo shows you just off it, end of Jan i think you can claim it :)

gizmocrystal
December 5th, 2012, 04:49 AM
I think you are about 1/2 inch to an inch away, but no problem your hair looks beautiful and in good condition which i think is more important.:D

GALISH
December 5th, 2012, 11:58 AM
I think you're about an inch or two to officially call it waist. Cool camera by the way :)

jacqueline101
December 5th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Looks waist to me.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 6th, 2012, 01:39 AM
It looks like waist to me, even if it isn't, you don't have far to go! Well done!

PolarCathy
December 6th, 2012, 03:01 AM
I'm on the same opinion and it's the exact spot I'm in.
Very close!

jojo
December 6th, 2012, 03:26 AM
A flys fart away as i say congrats!

shutterpillar
December 6th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Id say your very near, i can see your waist in the first photos quite easily, the 2nd photo shows you at waist but your bare backed photo shows you just off it, end of Jan i think you can claim it :)

The photos that include the bare backed one are not mine, they belong to another member. :)

Thank you for the compliments everyone!

Tota
December 6th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Beautiful hair! I agree with jojo, a fly fart's away :D I'd say you'll be at solid waist in a month. Congrats!

beautifulending
December 6th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Looks waist to me. Congrats!!:wigtongue