PDA

View Full Version : 1, 2, 3, 4

W2
December 3rd, 2012, 12:10 PM
days since my last hairwash.

Normally I wash my hair Tuesday, Thursday and then either Saturday or Sunday. But I didn't have any plans this weekend ... so by now my hair is a bit greasy.

I would actually like to just wash my hair 2 times a week, but since I have a rather sweaty workout Tuesdays and Thursday's, I like to wash it those 2 days. And washing only 2 days apart does, that normally my hair gets quite greasy by the third day.

But somehow it's not all that bad. A bit greasy, but in 2 braids makes it less noticeable.

But definitely washday tomorrow!

fairhairedthing
December 3rd, 2012, 12:27 PM
Braids are becoming my favorite ever way to combat the greasy look/feel while still allowing my natural oils to condition my hair so it's a win win situation. :D

ArienEllariel
December 3rd, 2012, 01:05 PM
Brush brush brush with a boar bristle brush.. At least that's what I do, then I put it up/ french braid or something. I've only made it 2 days though and I feel like an oil slick. xD

mermaid-nina
December 3rd, 2012, 01:42 PM
2 weeks today since my last wash - from being every 2 or 3 days. (I have just started SO)
I have been living in buns and braids for all this time, nobody has commented so think if you use a BBB as ArienEllariel
suggested and work the updos you should be fine :)

jacqueline101
December 3rd, 2012, 01:44 PM
I found at first stretch washes was hard. I had to sort of train my hair to accept it. I agree with the bbb and braids they help.

spidermom
December 3rd, 2012, 01:52 PM
I'd like to wash once per week but have only made it 5 days before the oiliness and the itching break down my resolve.

W2
December 3rd, 2012, 03:01 PM
I just feel that I have to wash it, when I've trained so hard, that my braid tip are soaked. Not that it's greasy then, but ... don't know why, actually.

spirals
December 3rd, 2012, 03:53 PM
I can stretch 4 days, and my lengths are drier than after washing. Yet my scalp, though not overly oily, is super-itchy. I just can't do it.

ArienEllariel
December 3rd, 2012, 05:17 PM
I'm glad I don't get an itchy scalp. Haven't since I switched to a sulfate-free shampoo.

trolleypup
December 4th, 2012, 12:31 AM
I just feel that I have to wash it, when I've trained so hard, that my braid tip are soaked. Not that it's greasy then, but ... don't know why, actually.
I find a water rinse right after hard exercise works about as well as a product wash once I have cooled and dried off.

Of course, I wash with greater consideration for my scalp...my hair is sturdy and coarse so not too many issues there.