PDA

View Full Version : What's your once a week hair treatment?

Soniasonia
August 23rd, 2008, 07:58 PM
The kind you do when no ones around cause it will scare people! Haha. For me its a scalp and hair clarifying organic ACV rinse. I dilute and put in my hair and scalp and put my hair in a bun. Rinse after 30 minutes:)

Neen
August 23rd, 2008, 08:12 PM
SMT - my conditioner already has plenty of aloe vera in it so I just add honey, put it in the microwave for 10-20 seconds, apply to freshly washed hair, wrap hair up in a plastic bag then a towel, and leave for an hour. Finish with a cold rinse, a leave-in, and put in a bun to dry.

I'm trying to get up the courage to do a heavy oiling the night before as well, but I'm worried a CO wash won't get it all out.

Soniasonia
August 23rd, 2008, 08:16 PM
SMT - my conditioner already has plenty of aloe vera in it so I just add honey, put it in the microwave for 10-20 seconds, apply to freshly washed hair, wrap hair up in a plastic bag then a towel, and leave for an hour. Finish with a cold rinse, a leave-in, and put in a bun to dry.

I'm trying to get up the courage to do a heavy oiling the night before as well, but I'm worried a CO wash won't get it all out.
What conditioner do you use?

Neen
August 24th, 2008, 12:06 AM
It's a 90% certified organic conditioner by an Australian label called miessence, I use a few of their products but they only make one conditioner and it's called Shine Herbal Hair Conditioner. This is the site I get it from and it looks like they ship worldwide: http://www.mionegroup.com/en/home

karmela
August 24th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Like Neen I use an SMT and it works wonders...

karmela
August 24th, 2008, 12:13 AM
I use Original Source Mint and Tea Tree Volumising conditioner and I use the SMT as a wash - it cleans my hair thoroughly without the need for shampoo.....

trollkjerring
August 24th, 2008, 01:21 AM
I am a daily washer but once a week I do an overnight oiling with coconut oil. In the morning I wash with a chelating shampoo like Nexxus AloeRid, follow with an reconstructor, again from Nexxus, the Keraphix one and finish with moisturing conditoner.

trollkjerring

Little_Bird
August 24th, 2008, 01:27 AM
I only wash my hair once a week so that would be it, along the oiling, after washing. I can almost tell I'm a low mantenance hair person, I just take a lot of time taking care of my hair because I'm so gentle, but I actually don't make a lot of things to it...

Oh well :)

Catladyintown
August 24th, 2008, 01:44 AM
Aisha25 tought me about Urad dal hair mask. I do that onces a week. Thanks Aisha

winter_star
August 24th, 2008, 02:12 AM
I use coconut oil in my hair at least once a week. I've started using a Chamomile rinse too.

Arctic
August 24th, 2008, 04:15 AM
Neen, if you have coconut oil, you should get it out of your hair with CO. Olive heavy oiling is pain to wash out, takes several shampoos (it makes a lovely leave in though :))

eadwine
August 24th, 2008, 05:23 AM
Coconut oil. I will put a big red or black hanky around my head then and sleep with the oiled head before washing out the next morning.

pariate
August 24th, 2008, 06:15 AM
I wash every 3-4 days and I'm quite attentive to my hair between washes, using my AGO and a smear of coconut oil when they're needed; so I don't often do deep treatments, certainly not weekly. I use cassia from time to time, but I don't even do that regularly!

Aisha25
August 24th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Aisha25 tought me about Urad dal hair mask. I do that onces a week. Thanks Aisha
Your welcome :D

Katze
August 24th, 2008, 11:29 AM
I don't do anything weekly either. SMTs maybe once a month, or every two weeks.

ACV rinse maybe 1-2x a month too, if my scalp needs it.

some washings I don't use any conditioner and just put coconut oil on my wet hair from the ears down. Because my hair is fine, it gets weighed down so easily, and I used to never condition. Now that I know my hair is wavy, and that moisture is good for it, I try to condition or oil every wash. But it is very, very easy to weigh my hair down with oil or even a light leave-in.

Doing something special once a week would be too stressful for me, I think...!

NurseMama
August 24th, 2008, 11:33 AM

Would you share this recipie?

My big weekly thing is oiling overnight or SMT. Of course, once every 3 weeks or so I am a henna head as well ;). The last time that I henna'ed my daughter told me that it looked like I had baby poop on my head :rolleyes:.

Catladyintown
August 24th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Hi NurseMama just go to Aisha25 blog and she has the Urad Dal+methi hair recipe their. :)HTH

DecafJane
August 24th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I am very cone-happy, and use Redken's All Soft leave-in. I have a bath, wash my hair and then treat it in the Redken for more than an hour or so while I soak and relax, and rinse it out when I am done. It is like magic - I spoil myself AND my hair at the same time. :D

Cinnamon Hair
August 24th, 2008, 08:32 PM
For me, it's a shampoo and deep conditioning session each week. Nothing I want to hide from people although the deep conditioning cap does make me look sort of like an alien, very much so if it were green instead of white or blue. You know how movie aliens have the really big head and tiny face... that's me with a heat cap on. :alien: :bull::tmi:
Since I CO daily during the week, the weekend is the only time I shampoo. So to clean my scalp and remove any buildup I shampoo, either once or twice depending on the amount of suds, then I slather on a deep conditioner. Fold my hair around one hand and toss it into a shower cap. Grab the microwave heat cap and nuke it for 1 min. then wear it for about 30-45 mins and hop back in the shower to rinse. Usually I do a cone or no-cone moisturizing conditioner. Occasionally (once a month) I use a heavy protein deep conditioner, but that has to be followed on the same day or next by a moisturizing deep treatment unless I want brillo pad hair.

Neen
August 25th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Thanks Arctic, I've been using olive oil as a leave in and don't have any coconut oil, but I do have some camellia tea oil I might try a heavy oiling with... If it works out it might become part of my weekly hair treatment.

sahiba
August 25th, 2008, 12:39 AM
I do not have any once a week treatment. I oil my hair twice to three times a week with different oils, like coconut oil, almond oil amala oil , and leave it overnight ot be washed next morning.

Elanor
August 25th, 2008, 12:53 AM
Mine is heavy pre-wash oiling and SMT. I oil my hair with virgin coconut oil, bun it and let it sit for at least an hour. Then I do a CO wash (or shampoo wash if my hair needs clarifying), rinse, towel dry and put my hair on a ponytail. I soak the ponytail in SMT, put a plastic pack on it, wrap it in a scarf and let it sit there for an hour or two. Then I rinse with cool water and let it air dry.

Cinnamon.locks
August 25th, 2008, 02:51 AM
I generally do this every 2 weeks: oil heavily with a mix of several oils the night before, then do SMT on dry, oiled hair, ( TresEmme thermal recovery or Suave biobasics Condish, aloe vera gel and rose water. ) leave on for one to three hours and rinse with cold water, comb and smooth a quarter sized glob of Shea Butter concentrating on ends and bun all day, air dry at night and sleep.

Gabrielle
August 25th, 2008, 04:24 AM
I wash my hair once a week--just a little shampoo, conditioner to detangle in shower then after my hair has sat in the towel for a while, some oils on the ends.

Finoriel
August 25th, 2008, 05:34 AM
I donīt have a "once a week treatment" :wink: I donīt even wash that often.
A real treatment is more something for about every other month, more often would be overdoing it for my hair. Depending on what it seems to need, I choose between yogurt-henna treatment, cassia-henna mix or heavy over night oiling before washing.

mira-chan
August 25th, 2008, 07:30 AM
I wash only once a week at most so that and the pre-wash oiling would be it I guess.

Tapioca
August 25th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Once-a-weekish SMTs and a cassia/henna every 8 weeks.

vindo
August 25th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I wash my hair once a week and thts also when I use ACV or beer, egg, honney and all the other foods on it ^^

C_Bookworm
September 1st, 2008, 12:14 AM
nexxus humectress in a heat cap for 30 min.

pinkprincess
September 1st, 2008, 12:43 PM
I shampoo my hair then put loads of Superdrug Henna and Sweet Chestnut Deep Conditioner on for a couple of hours before rinsing.

jel
September 1st, 2008, 12:58 PM
I shampoo my hair then put loads of Superdrug Henna and Sweet Chestnut Deep Conditioner on for a couple of hours before rinsing.

I like this treatment too, but I need to add a little oil (half a teaspoon to half a cup of conditioner) otherwise it's too drying for my hair. Love the scent, though!

Soniasonia
September 1st, 2008, 01:03 PM
Oooooooooooo.

Medvssa
September 1st, 2008, 01:07 PM
I add butters (cocoa, shea) and honey to my favorite conditioner of the moment and do a deeper conditioning with that. Haven't been doing this as of late, maybe I should get started again.

queenjord
September 1st, 2008, 01:32 PM
can someone tell me what SMT and ACV is?

Deborah
September 1st, 2008, 01:51 PM
I don't do any type of deep treatment, weekly or otherwise. The couple that I experimented with didn't do a thing. I guess I'm pretty much wash and go.

plainjanegirl
September 1st, 2008, 03:02 PM
can someone tell me what SMT and ACV is?

Smt = snowy's moisture treatment, you can do a search on it it is a mixture of aloe vera, honey , and conditioner
ACV= apple cider vinegar, you can do a rinse but people do a very diluted mix of acv and water

tinabcurly
September 1st, 2008, 03:22 PM
I mix 1 part oilve oil, 1 part Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment & 1 part aloe & sit under a bonnet dryer for an hour. Then I put on a micro heat cap & clean the house for another 2 hours before rinsing. DH usually comes in during heating so I get ribbed that the aliens have landed if I have the bonnet going. :)