PDA

View Full Version : (Belated) Ren Faire hairstyle pics

Lostsoule77
December 1st, 2012, 12:13 PM
I realized when I when to photobucket that I forgot to ever post these! I was a bit busy and then the site was down. :(

DH & I went to the NY Renaissance Faire on September 15th and had a wonderful time! It was my first time ever! We walked around all day and never got tired of seeing things. I got to taste mead, which was delicious! They had so many cool things to buy that we did almost a complete tour to figure out what we REALLY wanted. Almost couldn't find a couple of things again because of all the twisty roads they have. ;)

We got some of the coolest mugs I've ever seen! They are wood and beyond beauty! We each got a glass figure. DH got a phoenix & I got a spiderweb with a spider in it and a spider dangling. (Too bad DH broke 5 of the 8 legs of the dangly spider during our power outage from Sandy.) I got a beautiful bracelet and matching hair slide.

And, of course, I got my hair braided! :D They had two braider stands so I had options on styles and prices. I prefer the look of braids that are down, but wanted something that would last and I couldn't do myself. So I chose a 5 strand crown braid with rope braid accents. I don't know if I'd do it again, but if I do I will bring some silicone ties with me. They used rubberband type ties and had them wrapped around my ends in such a weird way that it caused tons of breakage on my ends. :steam I enjoyed the style until I took it out. It stayed in for 5 days with not too many flyaways! Yay! Only got upset when I tried to take it out. I would've thought that people who do hair for a living would know better than to use rubberbands on hair! GRRR Lesson learned.

TLDR: DH & I went to the NY Ren Faire and had a blast. Got my hair braided. Learned to pay more attention to people when they are doing my hair.

On to pictures. :D

Side:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lostsoule/47ECD71C-5F50-49DC-96F8-2EBFD7D624EB-7027-00000E36D00D791A-1.jpg

Top:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lostsoule/7605B644-1EA5-4634-837C-691BC9380EAB-7027-00000E36C3737506_zpse3bd2a85.jpg

Back:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lostsoule/E923800B-DB4C-420F-86B2-F1492D4C77BB-7803-00000FD2D66F04D8_zpsb5c7478b.jpg

jacqueline101
December 1st, 2012, 12:16 PM
Its beautiful.

Maelyssa
December 1st, 2012, 12:17 PM
Oh how beautiful! Glad you guys enjoyed yourself. Next year I hope to get to a ren faire myself.

GeoJ
December 1st, 2012, 12:18 PM
Your hairstyle looks very beautiful! Thanks for the warning about the rubber bands. I always wondered if there was a hair health risk to utilizing those braiding kiosks.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Faire. :)

melusine963
December 1st, 2012, 12:24 PM
Wow, how beautiful! What are the sparkly things in the second picture? It's a shame about the damage caused by the elastics, but bringing my own hair-friendly supplies to a ren-fair would have been the last thing on my mind. At least the results looked spectacular. I can't believe the style stayed in for so long!

Vanilla
December 1st, 2012, 01:31 PM
Wow, amazing! I love the crown braid on you.

HadessThera
December 1st, 2012, 01:57 PM
WOW :D such a beautiful style, I love the little roses

Lostsoule77
December 1st, 2012, 04:20 PM
Thank you all! :D

Wow, how beautiful! What are the sparkly things in the second picture? It's a shame about the damage caused by the elastics, but bringing my own hair-friendly supplies to a ren-fair would have been the last thing on my mind. At least the results looked spectacular. I can't believe the style stayed in for so long!

The sparkly "things" were a sparkle spray they put on the style. It lasted for the first couple of days. I knew I wanted it to last for a bit so I bought a silk sleep cap and wore it every night. :)