PDA

View Full Version : Go natural or not?

pittsburgpam
December 1st, 2012, 10:35 AM
My hair is growing out of the last henna I did and I'm not sure about doing it again. I love the red but, I'm not too keen on doing it very often so I get this. I read here about Light Mountain Cover The Gray and I got a couple of boxes yesterday. It if really is a semi-permanent henna then I might be OK with doing that until it grows out and can be all natural again.

This is in weak sunlight (cloudy and raining). It's between a dark blonde and a light brown, and grey.

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww54/sensuouscancer/IMG_0908.jpg

truepeacenik
December 1st, 2012, 11:15 AM
Hmmm... I would be obsessing over demarcation lines, so I think of glosses going lighter and lighter to soften that. Plus, you already bought it.
However, one of my random hair idols, seen once in an Indian restaurant, was a woman who had dyed and suddenly stopped.
Her dye was red, and her skin looked like she was merely extending her red years/ dyeing through the sandy phase.
The demarcation line was....past classic.

On the other hand, your natural color is lovely.

jojo
December 1st, 2012, 11:56 AM
Id guess the difference in colours isnt that obvious when your hair is down. I quite like two toned hair myself. Xandersgrammy ( probably spelt wrong) is a lovely example of growing out dyed hair, her hair is one of my favourites on the site. I recently saw a length photo of hers and the demarcation line is hardly there. Id say go for it, your hair is pretty its natural colour and hennaered, another option it to do henna glosses much less fussy and IMHO give a better shine than henna does

jacqueline101
December 1st, 2012, 02:04 PM
I like your natural color.

pittsburgpam
December 1st, 2012, 07:16 PM
I kind of like it. If it turns out like my sister's hair, totally white grey that looks like platinum blonde, I'll be fine with that too. I'm just so not into doing the henna myself and I put it off for too long.

This is my sister.

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww54/sensuouscancer/Sis.jpg

maborosi
December 1st, 2012, 07:49 PM
I actually think your hair looks really cool with the demarcation line. I have one too, about 1/2 my hair is henna-copper red and the other half is black. I get a ton of compliments and it looks really fun when I do a cinnamon bun and it looks like I just stuck the bun on.

Your natural color is beautiful!

~maborosi~

MidnightMoon
December 1st, 2012, 08:30 PM
Woah your sister has got some lovely hair!

Celtic Morla
December 1st, 2012, 08:59 PM
My roots are grey and my braid is blond-totally vrgin too! its a wierd situation because people think im growing out the dye!!

You have to be comfortable enough to go natural if you can handle people's opinion on natural hair you go for it girl!!

Yozhik
December 1st, 2012, 09:04 PM
I think your hair looks really pretty with its natural color. :flower:
Also, that updo looks so beautiful, and I personally think your demarcation line looks quite stunning.

Your sister also has beautiful hair. :)

Lostsoule77
December 1st, 2012, 10:19 PM
I think your hair looks gorgeous it that photo! I would say go natural if you really don't want to do the upkeep. Or, as others have said, you can do henna glosses to make the change more gradual. I think you already seem to have enough of your natural color grown in that you should just let it be. It probably looks amazing in most updo's. And if your sig is current your demarcation line doesn't look at all bad.

UpNorth
December 2nd, 2012, 08:25 AM
I kind of like it. If it turns out like my sister's hair, totally white grey that looks like platinum blonde, I'll be fine with that too. I'm just so not into doing the henna myself and I put it off for too long.

This is my sister.

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww54/sensuouscancer/Sis.jpg

Woah! Now I'm looking forward to the moment I find my first white hair! Sadly, my genes aren't with me here! My maternal grandmother is 79 and her hair is still solid brown without dye, and my paternal grandmother got gray in her early seventies. Sigh. Want silver/platina hair so badly :/

spidermom
December 2nd, 2012, 08:46 AM
I can tell you that is what I would do - go natural. It's so much easier!

pittsburgpam
December 3rd, 2012, 12:22 AM
My sister grew into her's very easily, it seems to me. She always died blonde, lighter than her natural blonde, and there was one point where she just grew out the gray. Can still tell the blonde in the ends of her hair in the picture but that is totally gone now. She has very thick hair too.

I didn't do the henna this weekend. I'm still undecided but leaning towards not doing it or just a gloss.

Indigostreams
December 3rd, 2012, 10:46 AM
I think your henna color is gorgeous, and think you should stick with it, personally.

kitcatsmeow
December 3rd, 2012, 04:25 PM
Personally I like the red :shrug: Just MO though

HintOfMint
December 3rd, 2012, 08:04 PM
I prefer the red, to be honest. But going natural is definitely more low maintenance if that's more important to you.

door72067
December 5th, 2012, 01:07 PM
I loooooooooooooove your natural color!