PDA

View Full Version : Problem with the top of my french braid

joyfulheart18
November 29th, 2012, 12:50 PM
I've been french braiding for at least a year and a half now, but I find that the top of my braid looks strange. Somebody said it is because I need to start the braid closer to my hairline...I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong.

http://i48.tinypic.com/r08588.jpg

white.chocolate
November 29th, 2012, 12:57 PM
It looks like for the second braid (i.e. after the initial) you took large sections? At least that's what I see. If you want your French braid to begin at the top of your head and hence be obvious, you should take smaller sections. This way, you'll have more braids. Otherwise, your braid looks nice. :)

spidermom
November 29th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Hmmmmmmm; hard to tell exactly what happened here. I usually pick up the hair from temple to temple around my head to start and try to keep the pick-ups after that a uniform size.

joyfulheart18
November 29th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Maybe I am taking a larger chunk than I think on that second braid...I will try that, and also picking up a smaller chunk of hair to begin with. :) Thanks everyone!

spidermom
November 29th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Please show us the result.

dmilton
November 29th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I'd agree with the large chunks. Definitely try taking smaller sections when you add hair to the braid, even if it takes a little longer, it will likely improve the look of the braid.

Lostsoule77
November 29th, 2012, 03:29 PM
It also looks to me like you took sections that were too large in the second turn. Take smaller sections closer to where you started the braid and you should be golden. :D

lunardaydreamer
November 29th, 2012, 04:44 PM
I am far from a french braid expert, and I agree with what everyone has said thus far, but it looks like the first middle section is smaller than the sides? Otherwise I think it still looks beautiful, your hair looks so thick!