PDA

View Full Version : Too much oil left over- help?

bna_rapunzel
November 29th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Typically, about once a week or so I do a scalp/hair treatment with about 1/3 cup of coconut oil and maybe 15 drops of jojoba oil. I saturate my scalp and hair with it.

i was doing cwc with cones, head and shoulder shampoo, and cones, and I never had any problems getting the oil out. I recently switched to CO(still doig cwc with cones, no cones, and cones). I put the conditioner on my scalp, scrubbed, let it sit, scrubbed some more, let it sit, scrubbed, and rinsed like a madman. Well now I still have a LOT of oil left in my hair. Which is fine, extra moisturizing for me, but how do I get it all out lol? I use coconut and jojoba oil after my showers, but not near this much. Lol. Should I just give it a gentle shampoo? I'm not really sure how to go about this now that I'm CO. (I'm not against doing a quick gentle shampoo btw. Co just seems "nicer" to my hair and scalp.)
thanks in advance lol :-P

neko_kawaii
November 29th, 2012, 01:16 PM
The best way I have found for removing oil is to put conditioner on top of it and let it sit for at least 30 min.

spidermom
November 29th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I agree - try letting your hair marinate in the conditioner for at least 30-60 minutes. It may also be helpful to cover with a shower cap to hold the heat in.

Mrsbaybeegurl
November 29th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Everytime I deep oil I HAVE TO do a COwash. After all the oil is all good and saturated (sometimes overnight) I then pile on a cheapo condish without adding any water and cover with a cap for an hour. When I rinse it out I get my head semi wet and scrub for a minute then completely rinse out the condish followed by a diluted vinegar rinse and cold water...my hair shines like glass and no oil residue is left over so I would recommend doing that to get rid of your excess oil and for anybody who can't seem to get the oil out with their normal routine.

bna_rapunzel
November 29th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Thanks everyone. I ended up doing a clarifying shampoo but I will remember this for next time. :-) I appreciate it!

jacqueline101
September 23rd, 2013, 01:51 PM
I agree put conditioner on shower cap leave on for 30 minutes.