PDA

View Full Version : Today I so wanted long hair...

HalcyonDays
August 23rd, 2008, 04:48 PM
Does anyone else have times when they just think having long hair would make something completely perfect?

So the roads were all clogged because it's Bank Holiday weekend, so I decided to take a walk. I took a short cut across the fields, so I was in this wheat field, the sheaves or whatever they're called waving in the breeze, my fingers stained pink from the juice of the wild blackberries I was picking from the hedgerow, and because there's a steam train exhibition a couple of villages away, an old-fashioned steam train was rolling through the bottom of the valley.

And all I could think was how perfect it would be if I had long flowing hair and a long flowing dress to match, instead of short hair and jeans. It would have been positively Victorian.

Magdalene
August 23rd, 2008, 04:53 PM
Well, your long flowing hair would probably get caught on the hedgerow (sorry to break the romance!)

HalcyonDays
August 23rd, 2008, 05:18 PM
Lol!!!

Quite probably... But we don't think of that sort of thing when were being idealistic...

ClareDee
August 23rd, 2008, 06:28 PM
Nice image :)
Funny enough, my "so wanting long hair" moments have no backdrop at all... I just want that feeling of my hair sort of billowing (gently, mind, and somehow still completely smooth) behind me like a sheet of silk. Preferably not whipping anyone in the eye. No-one nice anyway.

RoseRedDead
August 23rd, 2008, 06:45 PM
I must say that in actuality, having long hair won't make anything perfect, but it would be quite nice. :)

(Also, that this whole post reminded me of something Anne Shirley might have said/written [from the Anne of Green Gables series].)

HalcyonDays
August 24th, 2008, 05:07 AM
Hehe yes, I have often been compared to Anne Shirley - although I'm very jealous of the fact that she has red hair. And that she has Gilbert Blythe...

pariate
August 24th, 2008, 06:12 AM
I loved your post HalcyonDays :D That's the way my mind works, too. I have moments like that, when I wish I had longer hair to fit in with my Victorian-style daydreams. I'm preparing to move nearer to the countryside again and waist-length hair would make me feel very rural... even though most people I see in the countryside are more practical than naive and daydreamy... :lol:

camara
August 24th, 2008, 11:22 AM
This must have been a beautiful daydream for sure, but I'm sorry I have to add some not so dreamlike facts.

The breeze was going to create baaad tangles in your hair, and also your body makes the wind form little...spirals or something, so that your hair was going to touch your face, mouth, eyes all the +##!"x# time, no matter what direction your face was facing towards in relation to the wind. And then you were going to whip out your emergency hair elastic and put the +##!"x# stuff (yes, your hair) in a tangly ponytail, until you were at home again and had time to detangle. Of course, you were then going to curse yourself for being stupid enough to go out with your hair down on a windy day. :D

Sorry for being a spoilsport. :o

(But then, occasionaly I have a similar dream about swimming in the ocean with kneelenght hair, down...not going to happen, I guess.)

Shanarana
August 24th, 2008, 11:28 AM
This must have been a beautiful daydream for sure, but I'm sorry I have to add some not so dreamlike facts.

The breeze was going to create baaad tangles in your hair, and also your body makes the wind form little...spirals or something, so that your hair was going to touch your face, mouth, eyes all the +##!"x# time, no matter what direction your face was facing towards in relation to the wind. And then you were going to whip out your emergency hair elastic and put the +##!"x# stuff (yes, your hair) in a tangly ponytail, until you were at home again and had time to detangle. Of course, you were then going to curse yourself for being stupid enough to go out with your hair down on a windy day. :D

Sorry for being a spoilsport. :o

(But then, occasionaly I have a similar dream about swimming in the ocean with kneelenght hair, down...not going to happen, I guess.)

OMG, so funny, and so true.

Tangles
August 24th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Halcyon Days-- we have the exact same current length and goal length!
But I don't think 21" is short... in fact I was just beginning to think that I finally reached the point where I didn't consider my hair short anymore. I don't consider it long either (that's BSL), but at least it's beginning to have a flow now.

Here's hoping that next summer, we'll have that waist length hair, or something close enough ;)

MeMyselfandI
August 24th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Does anyone else have times when they just think having long hair would make something completely perfect?

So the roads were all clogged because it's Bank Holiday weekend, so I decided to take a walk. I took a short cut across the fields, so I was in this wheat field, the sheaves or whatever they're called waving in the breeze, my fingers stained pink from the juice of the wild blackberries I was picking from the hedgerow, and because there's a steam train exhibition a couple of villages away, an old-fashioned steam train was rolling through the bottom of the valley.

And all I could think was how perfect it would be if I had long flowing hair and a long flowing dress to match, instead of short hair and jeans. It would have been positively Victorian.

What a nice mental image.

I do not dream of longer hair, I always dream of wavy hair that go with that Victorian picture. Unfortunately, that will not be in my reach no matter how long I grow my hair.