PDA

View Full Version : Am I at hip?

AngryVikingGirl
November 28th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I just asked my dad to take some pics of my hair, but he wasn't very enthusiastic about the idea. :pinktongue: So I quickly thanked him after two shots (which are pretty much identitic). ;)I noticed my thumb on the very bottom of the pic, so according to that, I am at hip. :) What do you think? I've never been sure where hip exactly was...Yeah, I know, you can't see my body curves, but still...any opinions are appriciated. Thx.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd410/AngryVikingGirl/2012-11-24B.jpg (http://s1218.beta.photobucket.com/user/AngryVikingGirl/media/2012-11-24B.jpg.html)

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd410/AngryVikingGirl/2012-11-24.jpg (http://s1218.beta.photobucket.com/user/AngryVikingGirl/media/2012-11-24.jpg.html)

shutterpillar
November 28th, 2012, 11:14 AM
I may be able to tell better if the picture was a little longer, but to me it still looks like you may have a few more inches to go. It is very hard to tell based on this picture, though. Just because like you said, you cant see body curves.

Is your thumb at your hip bone? Because from the picture, it looks like it might be resting at lower waist. like maybe 2 or so inches above hip.

AngryVikingGirl
November 28th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Blah. I hoped you wouldn't say that...:rolleyes: No offense, of course. Thanks for the feedback. Actually my hands are on the bones standing out on the sides of my body, so I guess, that's hip. But sometimes I see and feel that I'm not there yet, other times it feels like I'm there. That's what annoys me...

PolarCathy
November 28th, 2012, 11:54 AM
I agree with shutterpillar. Maybe you could take a better pic by placing the camera on the shelf with the self-timer (assuming it has such a feature). Wearing tighter clothes.

On a more positive note, you are much closer than I am. :bounce:

AngryVikingGirl
November 28th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Hey, friend! ;) Ehe...good idea...thanks. Can I admit I never thought about that? :doh:

Oh, you...with that thick black mane...you said something? :blossom:

white.chocolate
November 28th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Yes, I can't tell either! :silly: Basically, hip is where your ends begin touching your hip bone.

gthlvrmx
November 28th, 2012, 12:07 PM
it looks like hip to me from what i see. like it looks like from what is cut off, the ends reach your thumbs.

PolarCathy
November 28th, 2012, 12:13 PM

No, no, I haven't said a thing, I'm just :bouncing: around here because I don't like the new smileys ; ) :bounce:!

AngryVikingGirl
November 28th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Good. Last time I saw your hair, it was enormous! :bigtongue:

On the other hand, I took a pic. Well, I'm nowhere near...or at least on the new pic. I think I'll wait till Christmas to take a look at my hair again. Maybe it'll make up its mind by that time.
Here:
http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd410/AngryVikingGirl/nothing.jpg

PolarCathy
November 28th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Isn't it the exact same pic?

ETA: Okay I can see you just updated it.

shutterpillar
November 28th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Yep, looks like you still have a few more inches left. You'll get there! (And before I will! LOL. I envy your length! I am just past BSL right now.)

AngryVikingGirl
November 28th, 2012, 12:58 PM
PolarCathy,
Sorry, I'm a genius at machines. :p (And you wouldn't believe I'm not this clumsy except for when there are a lot of people to see it.) And let me send you some hugs, I'm going offline now. :flower:

Thank you everyone for your help. I'm going to ignore my hair again, otherwise it would kill me...

PolarCathy
November 28th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Well, like shutterpillar said, it's pretty obv that you'll get there, and you'll beat us both :rollin:

:blossom:

AngryVikingGirl
November 28th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Yep, looks like you still have a few more inches left. You'll get there! (And before I will! LOL. I envy your length! I am just past BSL right now.)

Thanks for your help and support! I think you'll get to waist next year. (If I get it right that it's your goal.) From then on, just some months flying and you just notice you've already passed it. That's something enviable too. ;) For me to classic...two years maybe? ;) Happy growing. :)

jacqueline101
November 28th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I can't tell exactly but it looks close.

jojo
November 28th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Id say hip is the bottom of your shirt, but hip shouldnt take to long to get too!

neko_kawaii
November 28th, 2012, 02:08 PM

See PC, I'm not the only one.

Lostsoule77
November 28th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Looks to me like you only have a couple inches to go at most. You'll get there, just put it up and forget about it for awhile. :D

AngryVikingGirl
November 30th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Id say hip is the bottom of your shirt, but hip shouldnt take to long to get too!

Er...I'm afraid it isn't. That jumper covers half of my butt! :D But thanks!

hairhair
November 30th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Looks like it's super-close to hip -- like, less than 2 inches to go! Good job and I love the colour!

RosettaKatrina
November 30th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Er...I'm afraid it isn't. That jumper covers half of my butt! :D But thanks!

I would have said the same thing as jojo, hip is where your turquoise top ends, not your green jumper, in that pic it was difficult to check body markers anyway. I was thinking if the top is covering half your butt you must have a verrrry long butt!
I totally understand dealing with uncooperative photographers, if you had gotten someone like my husband, he would have taken a photo of his thumb and still said that was fine.
BTW, Your hair colour is what I am trying to get back to, almost exactly the same as my natural hair colour.

jojo
December 1st, 2012, 04:34 AM
^^ i was refering to the t- shirt photo the bottom of the shirt looks to me like it ends at the start of your hip. I cant see the bottom of the green jumper in your first photo so id have no idea which areas of your body it covered. Just being honest!

bte
December 1st, 2012, 04:43 AM
Looking at the new bigger pic, if you were to stretch the longest strands (hard to do if both your hands are on your hip bones!) you would only be about an inch from hip.

cathair
December 1st, 2012, 05:02 AM
I have kind of wondered about this, since my hip bones are higher at the sides than they are in the middle. I don't know if hip it when it first touches any of the bone or when it touches the lower part in the middle of your pelvis? I think the lower part of my pelvis is only a couple of inches from tailbone. I imagine it must be near belly button length when it is at the front? Either way, I think you are very close and your ends look great :) Keep up the good work, it looks like your doing something right :)

BrownEyedBeauty
December 1st, 2012, 06:53 AM
I think that you have a bit more to go. Approximately 2 more inches.

RosettaKatrina
December 1st, 2012, 08:56 PM
^^ i was refering to the t- shirt photo the bottom of the shirt looks to me like it ends at the start of your hip. I cant see the bottom of the green jumper in your first photo so id have no idea which areas of your body it covered. Just being honest!

Oh good, I thought that's what you meant as well. I always worry when I correct someone that I have got it wrong.

Loreley
December 2nd, 2012, 06:17 AM
I think you need an inch or two to be at hip length but you're definitely close. :pegasus: