PDA

View Full Version : It's been a long year (Progress Pics! LOTS)

WaitingSoLong
November 28th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Yeah, go ahead and scroll down for the pics, then come back and read this when you are done. LOL.

This year has been exhausting because I haven't managed to gain any real length. I got to Classic last year October then trimmed back to TBL, then to Classic again and then my hair decided to severely slow it's growth. I only managed 2" since April of this year. No splits but I was seeing a lot of breakage and the ends had a lot of racers and so I did a little trim yesterday...I intended to cut off about 2-2.5" but only cut about 3/4" putting me at a solid 43" which is one inch past Classic on me. It was my first moon trim. Not the greatest moon day but I had to try and couldn't wait for a better one.

I took before and after trim pics and have included a post-trim pic from my 3"+ trim last October. So it was about 13 months between trims with NO splits but breakage. So before I did the trim yesterday I did a protein hair mask, which I have never done before. Eggs, mayo, coconut oil and AVG. It was super gross and next time I will apply it in my shower because I made a mess on my floor. Anyway, my hair seemed to like the mask. I have tried protein treatments (store bought) and they never seemed to do anything but dry my hair out. I still cannot believe I put raw eggs in my hair. Ok...pics.

NOTE: My virgin hair (canopy) is between nape and shoulder now (measured at 11" 25 months since last sun-inn application). In this first pic, it was not to my ears yet.

This is after my trim a year-ish ago October 15, 2011 (3"+ from just Classic back to TBL) I don't have a before pic for this one, sorry.
http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp17/Poetry4me75/Trim%20Pics%202012/PostTrimOct15-11335x800.jpg

The next 3 are pre-Trim yesterday (Nov.27, 2012). Racers were at 44".
http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp17/Poetry4me75/Trim%20Pics%202012/PreTrimNov27-12a.jpghttp://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp17/Poetry4me75/Trim%20Pics%202012/PreTrimNov27-12b.jpghttp://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp17/Poetry4me75/Trim%20Pics%202012/PreTrimNov27-12c.jpg

Then after my trim yesterday:
http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp17/Poetry4me75/Trim%20Pics%202012/PostTrimNov27-12a.jpghttp://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp17/Poetry4me75/Trim%20Pics%202012/PostTrimNov27-12b.jpghttp://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp17/Poetry4me75/Trim%20Pics%202012/PostTrimNov27-12c.jpg
And the ends after my trim: (sorry this one is huge, I resized them all to the same size I swear!)
http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp17/Poetry4me75/Trim%20Pics%202012/Post-TrimEndsNov27-12.jpg
A side by side for fun: (before and after)
http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp17/Poetry4me75/Trim%20Pics%202012/PreTrimNov27-12c.jpghttp://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp17/Poetry4me75/Trim%20Pics%202012/PostTrimNov27-12c.jpg

Not very much difference I know, and I don't have the pics lined up quite right. I am not very picture savvy.
I do intend to grow to FTL in 2013 and I hope moon trimming will increase my growth back to 1/2" per month like it used to be. I am having manageability issues since going past TBL and am somewhat unhappy with my hair. I know it LOOKS good, but it attacks me and hates me daily. Thanks for looking!

ETA: The ad format in the new forum won't let the side by side pics show up next to each other anymore. At least not in my browser though I had the ads disabled.

JamieLeigh
November 28th, 2012, 09:32 AM
I think you've done a wonderful job with the trim! Your hair is so beautiful.

It looks like you didn't have to take off as much as you expected to. :D That's always good!!

Oksana
November 28th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Lovely trim and everything about your hair is gorgeous!

white.chocolate
November 28th, 2012, 09:41 AM
WaitingSoLong, you have one of the most beautiful hairs I have ever seen. You should be really happy with your hair!
Do you straighten your hair in some way? (Your stats say that you are a 1b so I wondered.)
Congratulations on your progress!

neko_kawaii
November 28th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Your hair is beautiful. Feel free to enjoy it!

Elanadi
November 28th, 2012, 10:33 AM
You have the most beautiful hair, WaitingSoLong. I love the color, the thickness, and the hemline. I totally understand your frustrations, but am glad to see you are going to keep growing it. :)

lunalocks
November 28th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Your TB pic is so beautiful, you may have just made me satisfied to reach that length (I'm a bit past waist right now and had planned to go to classic). If you love your hair at TB and it behaves itself there, why not keep it there. it is beautiful length.

Either way, your hair is lovely.

spidermom
November 28th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Gasp! So much beauty all in one place; thanks for sharing.

I understand your issues. Other people go gaga over my hair, too, and they probably have no idea how annoying it is. Lately I can comb one side, then the other side, and the first side somehow manages to get all tangled up while I'm working on the second (though CHI Silk Infusioin helps).

millyaulait
November 28th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Your hair is soooo amazing!

browneyedsusan
November 28th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Wow-SER! It looks beautiful. Atta-girl!!!! :)

Avital88
November 28th, 2012, 10:52 AM
seriously, your hair is looking fantastic! and that tiny trim made your hemline look thicker.I hope you will get the growth you want and can grow more of that gorgeous hair!

Lize
November 28th, 2012, 10:53 AM
It looks beautiful! Nice to see the natural color progress too. :)

Tota
November 28th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Oh my, your hair is pure perfection!

Sunshineliz
November 28th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Absolutely gorgeous hair WSL! I love the new color coming in too.

WaitingSoLong
November 28th, 2012, 12:15 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU everyone for lovely comments/compliments!

If you love your hair at TB and it behaves itself there, why not keep it there. it is beautiful length.

I agree, I think TBL was, aesthetically, a good place on me.

Do you straighten your hair in some way? (Your stats say that you are a 1b so I wondered.)

No I do not. I have nape waves which usually do not appear in the canopy though sometimes they do. Actually, the AFTER pics were air dried hair and detangled. The protein mask seems to have enhanced my straightness.

Wow-SER! It looks beautiful. Atta-girl!!!! :)

See, Dear BES, it is much more lovely in photos than real life when it comes alive and tried to eat my clothes. LOL

It looks beautiful! Nice to see the natural color progress too. :)

Thanks Lize, I knew you would appreciate the progress!

Absolutely gorgeous hair WSL! I love the new color coming in too.

I like it, too! Can't wait til it is all virgin. As you can see in my sig, my ultimate goal in my hair world right now is for hip length ALL virgin hair. Don't know if I can reach it in 3 more years or not!

Kosmos
November 28th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Your hair is absolutely breathtaking!

PrairieRose
November 28th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Your hair looks gorgeous! Thanks for all the pictures. It helps me keep on track with my hair so that one day I will be at that length:)

Sarahlabyrinth
November 28th, 2012, 01:00 PM
WSL, your hair is absolutely amazing! I'm so pleased you didn't need to do a major trim - here's hoping for good growth in the coming year! Thanks for sharing your beautiful hair with us here, we love seeing it!

jacqueline101
November 28th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Your hair is lovely.

vanillabones
November 28th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Wow is is beautiful, and I can tell the difference with the trim :eye: I love the color of your hair growing in virgin vs dyed and I love your hair type too!

jojo
November 28th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Looks amazing, your hair is just pure class

owlathena
November 28th, 2012, 02:29 PM
So beautiful! :crush:

tambalina
November 28th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Your hair is gorgeous - it almost makes me want to go blonde. :)

Gumball
November 28th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Your hair is looking simply stunning! I'm sure if I had my hair down often then it would wrestle with me, too, like how yours does. I keep it tied up since it's too wild! Good luck getting to FTL. Here's to a smooth trip down that road.

Cheele
November 28th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Ahhh your heavenly hair! It looks amazing!

Lostsoule77
November 28th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Your hair is simply stunning! :thud: Your ends look like they were fine before, though I get how it can just look that way. The trim looks great!

10000days
November 28th, 2012, 03:24 PM
You hair is so beautiful!! What do you do to make it so smooth and shiny?

Carolyn
November 28th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Gorgeous, just gorgeous! I envy you your straightness.

Vanilla
November 28th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Very pretty. :). I love your hair length.

dulce
November 28th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Just gorgeous hair.

RavennaNight
November 28th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Wow! :thudpile: Gorgeous hair!

Ambystoma
November 28th, 2012, 09:22 PM
I always get such blonde envy (and straight envy) when I see your pictures! Your hair reminds me of the women from those Timotei ads from the 80's that I admired as a kid (not sure if you guys got those in the states). It's looking beautiful - I really love the length you're at right now too.

Micayla47
November 28th, 2012, 11:36 PM
wow! just wow! thanks for taking the time to post all the beautiful inspiring pictures :)

WaitingSoLong
November 29th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Thanks everyone! You guys are too kind :blush:

mzBANGBANG
November 29th, 2012, 05:54 AM
*faints* I can't believe I encouraged you to cut this hair. Now I feel like I'm losing an arm if you do!

ETA: I mean toenail! That's what we decided on right?

WaitingSoLong
November 29th, 2012, 05:59 AM
LOL I DID cut my toenails. ROFL

SerinaDaith
November 29th, 2012, 06:16 AM
:thud: Beauteous!!! I hope to get anywhere near your length! Great work!!!

Beatnik Guy
November 29th, 2012, 07:32 AM
:thudpile:

Othala
November 29th, 2012, 07:34 AM
:thudpile:

Ditto! Totally thud-worthy hair!

twoLs118
November 29th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Your hair looks so soft!! Love the length, looks great!!

MaryO
November 29th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Your hair is like sunshine. So lovely!:blossom:

Ebrox
November 29th, 2012, 11:22 AM
I just love your hair, before, after.. I don't care, it's just beautiful!

constancev18
November 29th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Gawgeous hair!

WaitingSoLong
November 29th, 2012, 11:54 AM
I feel like there should be an encore...
http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp17/Poetry4me75/Trim%20Pics%202012/DSC01772-Copy375x800.jpg

PS. Yes that is me with NO MAKE-UP lol

DakarNick
November 30th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Looking great, WSL! Very pretty, congrats.

nakima
December 1st, 2012, 12:01 PM
congratulations on this years growth! your hair is so healthy and beautiful! Good job!

NightOwl26
December 1st, 2012, 12:14 PM
You have the most beautiful silky looking hair!

melusine963
December 1st, 2012, 12:25 PM
Your hair is really beautiful!

lapushka
December 1st, 2012, 03:01 PM
Gorgeous hair, and it looks great after the trim! Congrats, you're past classic length and that's something!

Xi
December 1st, 2012, 03:13 PM
Beautiful! I know when one's hair is being disobedient it is hard to step back and see the big picture. But really step back and look -- you hair is absolutely lovely. :)

auroraclio
December 1st, 2012, 05:23 PM
Wow, stunning beautiful, super envious of your straightness too!

Sunshineliz
December 1st, 2012, 06:37 PM
I feel like there should be an encore...
http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp17/Poetry4me75/Trim%20Pics%202012/DSC01772-Copy375x800.jpg

PS. Yes that is me with NO MAKE-UP lol

More goregousness from a wonderful person. Good to see your smile!

WaitingSoLong
December 1st, 2012, 06:51 PM
You guys are all so sweet! :)

Lostsoule77
December 1st, 2012, 07:50 PM
Wow! I thought it impossible, but your hair looks even prettier somehow from the front! :thudpile:

arjay.d
December 1st, 2012, 08:58 PM
You and your hair both look so pretty in these pictures. I have hair envy every time you post something and I see your avatar. That's pretty often. But really, it's gorgeous.

Yozhik
December 1st, 2012, 09:14 PM
Beautiful, WSL!
Your hair is so shiny and straight.

I also really like your photo from the front -- a perfect encore. :applause: :D

Wildcat Diva
December 1st, 2012, 10:36 PM
You are so beautiful in every way!

CastaDiva
December 4th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Your hair looks amazing, WaitingSoLong! The colour is so rich. I see vanilla, caramel and honey, the variations are very pretty. I espescially like the middle picture from after your trim. The way your hair kind of drapes itself perfectly across your back looks stunning, and with not one single hair out of place in any of your pictures. My hair will never do that! Also great to see your hair from the front.

WaitingSoLong
December 4th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Your hair looks amazing, WaitingSoLong! The colour is so rich. I see vanilla, caramel and honey, the variations are very pretty. I espescially like the middle picture from after your trim. The way your hair kind of drapes itself perfectly across your back looks stunning, and with not one single hair out of place in any of your pictures. My hair will never do that! Also great to see your hair from the front.

Please don't think that happens without a hundred bad pictures, constant re-smoothing and laying it across my back just so. It can take me a half hour to get one good photo. Seriously.

4C4rly4
December 4th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I love your hair!

CastaDiva
December 4th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Please don't think that happens without a hundred bad pictures, constant re-smoothing and laying it across my back just so. It can take me a half hour to get one good photo. Seriously.

A bit like me, then. For every photo that goes through my quality check, there's 20 or more that's rejected. I am an obsessive perfectionist (not only regarding photos) and hardly any of my photos passes through my inspection. My camera holds two batteries and a go through at least 6 during a "photo shoot". It also takes hours to get a few pictures that are good enough for me and good enough to be shared with TLHC. I get exhaused and that's one of the reasons why I don't take pictures of my hair that often. When I look at my pictures I think; what a mess, you can't post them! I always wonder how others are able to take such nice photos. Maybe I'm just a bit hard on myself, I don't know.

WaitingSoLong
December 4th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Yes and the lighting is never quite right, either. I have to stand on a step stool to get all my hair in the photo and sometimes, between keeping my hair just so...then stashing the comb...then holding the mirror to see behind me....then positioning camera just right...I lose my balance on the stool, or my hand starts to tremble and the pic is blurry, or it is crooked, or my hair moved, or not all my hair got in the pic, or DRAT I didn't see that pile of dirty clothes in the pic...and on and on...LOL. More than once I have given up and deleted all the pictures. Oh well!

CastaDiva
December 4th, 2012, 12:23 PM
You know what; you just described, espescially my last "photo shoot" from July, down to every single detail!! That is EXACTELY how it happened here at my house, too, from balancing on a stool, the mirror the comb, just everything! Gosh, I feel a bit better now, knowing I'm not the only one with exhausting marathon "photo sessions".

WaitingSoLong
December 4th, 2012, 12:27 PM
LOL! I suspect there are a lot of us here. I mean, what are digital cameras for anyway?

CastaDiva
December 4th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Agreed, digital cameras are a pain in the behind. I bought a new camera in July, a user friendly one, I was told. Just an on/off button and one to take the photo with. But it still has several functions that I have to choose from, Iso, white balance and what not. You're supposed to be the smart one, I say to the camera. Don't look at me, I don't know what's best!! I want a camera that can figure out what's the best settings. I just want to press the release button, nothing else. But there's nothing I can do about it...

Sarahlabyrinth
December 5th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Oh, so I'm not the only one to have marathon photo sessions - it is So difficult to get a decent hair photo. If I balance the camera on the windowsill, it's difficult to make sure 1)I am in the frame 2): Hair is in the frame 3):Lighting is correct 4): I am desired distance from camera 5): Hair is properly in place without bits sticking out at ridiculous angles.

If I try holding the camera myself, my arm isn't long enough to get hair length in and the angles are wrong anyway as I can't get a direct back shot: If I want to take photos outside I have nothing to put the camera on so have to get my husband to take photos. He gets impatient quickly, doesn't get the angle I want, stands too close or too far away,the sun goes behind a cloud, the wind messes Hair around right at the wrong moment or I find that all of a sudden I have a tree growing out the top of my head. Honestly it can take me half a day to get one or two photos I am happy with. If I want to frustrate myself, I just start taking hair photos. Hmmph!

WaitingSoLong
December 5th, 2012, 05:37 AM
OMGosh we need to form a group where we meet just to take hair pics. LOL.