PDA

View Full Version : I am well aware of the fact

W2
November 28th, 2012, 03:33 AM
that in here, I'm not considered LONG haired. But I am actually at my longest ever! Just passed BSL.

I am rather pleased with it though I had a major shed for a couple of months. But I think I found the reason and I am acting on it.
Switched from COwashing back to CWCwashing with a shampoo designed to prevent shedding and balding, Gibidyl.

Well, I think I just wanted to say thanks to you all for inspiration, support and advices. :toast:

Lissandria
November 28th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Congrats. BSL is long in my book :flower:

I think its also interesting to note that on some waist length is shorter than BSL on many others who are taller. Yet most (even on here) will consider waist length to be long.

I would love to see a pic :)

mzBANGBANG
November 28th, 2012, 05:17 AM
The fun thing is if you go to a salon and let down your bsl pony tail. "it's so long!" they all say. It's the LHC effect and I love when I'm surprised by it!

Oksana
November 28th, 2012, 07:01 AM
The fun thing is if you go to a salon and let down your bsl pony tail. "it's so long!" they all say. It's the LHC effect and I love when I'm surprised by it!

I also love this! It's funny how other people think your hair is long yet I feel it is medium length.

Sunny Elf
November 28th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Congratulations on your milestone!! Happy growing! :D

jacqueline101
November 28th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Bra strap length is long in my book and I'm glad you found the cause of your hair loss.

lunardaydreamer
November 28th, 2012, 08:29 PM
So exciting :) congratulations to you! BSL seems super long to me!

neko_kawaii
November 28th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Congratulations on your longest ever! According to this poll (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=98236), you are in good company at BSL.

hairhair
November 29th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Congratulations! BSL is my short-term goal. Don't worry about perceptions of what others think anyway -- it's great to be the longest you've ever been! :D

IndigoOptimist
November 29th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Congratulations!! :D I hope to be a BSL in 6 months time, and that thought is sooooo exiting! By LHC standards it's not long, but to most people it's very long and they won't go much longer than that, so to have hair that long and it be in great condition is quite a feat among the world or 'normal' hairy people ;)

Mesmerise
November 29th, 2012, 03:36 AM

Ahh yes, this is funny! I have a friend with very long, thick hair (it's not super long by LHC standards, but we're talking close to TBL and iii+ thickness, all the one length... and with very little taper...), so she will call a hairdresser in advance to book an appointment and will TELL them that her hair is very long and very thick, and they're all like "yeah, yeah... no worries!" and then she GETS there and they look at her hair and gasp and tell her they don't have TIME to cut it in the allotted space because it's SO long and thick! This is AFTER she's tried to tell them. I guess they just imagine "regular" thick and maybe waist hair?!

Bambi
November 29th, 2012, 05:05 AM
Congratulations! I think(and hope) that I will be a solid BSL by xmas:).

WaitingSoLong
November 29th, 2012, 05:28 AM
I did a google image search on long hair once and most the pics were between BSL and waist. I even found a chart on one page that showed short:medium:mediumlong:long:superlong. Super long was about waist.

HintOfMint
November 30th, 2012, 12:51 AM
BSL is still long to me, congratulations!

jojo
November 30th, 2012, 07:00 AM
I consider BSL to be long, its a lovely length to have. Congratulations on getting so far, your hair is lovely.

Gumball
November 30th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Congratulations! That is a great milestone to hit. The adventure constantly evolves and gets more interesting, doesn't it?

jeanniet
November 30th, 2012, 10:58 AM
What really counts is what's long to you--if this is your longest ever, that's an accomplishment and something to be happy about!

ArienEllariel
November 30th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Congrats! :) BSL is also the longest my hair has ever been. It feels medium length to me but by most people's standards, it's long. Enjoy this length and look forward with joy to the longer lengths you'll achieve in future! :D Btw, I just love your hair.

Piyo
November 30th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Congrats on this important milestone, and good luck with your future goals! Longest length ever is a big deal! :D

BrownEyedBeauty
December 1st, 2012, 07:32 AM
BSL hair is not very long but it is still long and a very beautiful length. The LHC provides us with education and inspiration in growing our hair as long as we would hope and want to have it. Happy hair gowing and good luck! Congratulations!

Lostsoule77
December 1st, 2012, 07:35 AM
I think having hit a length that is YOUR longest ever is quite an accomplishment! Congratulations! :hifive:

EdG
December 1st, 2012, 07:48 AM
This board can give a very skewed impression of what long means. One only has to step out into the real world to see this. :hmm:

Congratulations on your longest ever! :cheese:
Ed

mermaid-nina
December 1st, 2012, 02:48 PM
I wuold still see you and think what beautiful long hair you have!! Not many extreme longhairs around me, bsl IS long here