PDA

View Full Version : Two year LHC Anni ^.^ [large pics]

hypersensitive
November 27th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Hi there! It's been 2 years since I've joined this forum! I hope my progression pics will inspire you. :D

During my first year, I changed a lot of my hair routines and habits like doing away with heat styling and trying out moisturizing and strengthening hair products (henna, and VO5 for CO washing for example).

This is the oldest picture I can find on my computer (since the albums feature here is not working). I started at 23in, which is around BSL for me (I believe).

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f305/silverstardust/Elvishstyle2011_4_16.jpg
This was 5 months into the forum, and shortly after I discovered the Elvin hair styles... for the Tolkienites (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=54335)thread. This used to be my old avatar!

My second year I reverted back to cones, weaning off SLS, cut in some bangs and continued to oil. This summer, I decided I wanted to dye my hair purple! No worries, it was deposit only temporary dye but I loved it!! Recently I started taking Biotin just in time for the winter growth slowdown and will continue growing, possibly to term. This year my mother showed me a teenaged picture of her when she had her longest hair. It was somewhere past classic. Currently I am at 36in which is almost touching tailbone. I'm confident I can grow longer than that if I keep practicing good hair care, thanks to LHC!

OK, here the pictures for this year:

http://seanliu.me/image/24388210955

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f305/silverstardust/LengthShot2012_8_9.jpg
This year, about 3 months ago.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6tojlJkYK1r0di6zo1_500.jpg
Short but enjoyable stint with purple hair

That's all I have, patiently waiting for the albums to reappear. If they have, here is the link for better length progress pictures (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=6809)!

Oh and one more thing. I am currently deciding if I should grow past classic, and then bleach the ends to dye them a vibrant purple. I will chop off the purple eventually because I want to reach term with no damaged ends but it will take time to regrow back. What do you think? I won't reach classic until this time next year so there is time to decide.

Thanks for reading!

kidari
November 27th, 2012, 08:06 PM
You're so lucky your mom had hair that long! My mom had classic 50s hair, a short bouffant style. I loved all your pictures, they were very inspirational and your hair is gorgeous! If I had a blunt hemline and no layers I would totally rock a dip dye look by bleaching a couple inches on the ends and dying them purple. I think purple looks amazing against dark brown/black hair. Mine is a V shape with tons of layers so that dip dye look wouldn't look so good. You're lucky you have that option sometime soon! I think you should go for it!

bahoban
November 27th, 2012, 08:11 PM
wowwwww your hair looks so healty and is so long now!! congratz!! :applause:toast:

jacqueline101
November 27th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Your hair is lovely. Congrats on your accomplishment.

hypersensitive
November 27th, 2012, 08:43 PM
You're so lucky your mom had hair that long! My mom had classic 50s hair, a short bouffant style. I loved all your pictures, they were very inspirational and your hair is gorgeous! If I had a blunt hemline and no layers I would totally rock a dip dye look by bleaching a couple inches on the ends and dying them purple. I think purple looks amazing against dark brown/black hair. Mine is a V shape with tons of layers so that dip dye look wouldn't look so good. You're lucky you have that option sometime soon! I think you should go for it!

Thanks kidari! Your enthusiasm for the plan is really making me lean toward doing it!

wowwwww your hair looks so healty and is so long now!! congratz!! :applause:toast:

I remember a year ago, I wanted tailbone. Pretty much there! Time flies! Thanks bahoban!

Your hair is lovely. Congrats on your accomplishment.

Thank you for the kind compliment jacqueline!

pogo0685
November 27th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Your hair is beautiful! I love the purple in it, I love how dark hair looks with purple and red highlights.

neko_kawaii
November 27th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Lovely. I too like the purple on the ends plan!

Gumball
November 27th, 2012, 10:33 PM
You have made some phenomenal progress. Happy anniversary! Your hair is looking great! That back lit photo at the park is very striking.

Avital88
November 28th, 2012, 01:52 AM
ohhhh!!! You have my dream hair!! I totally love it! it looks so healthy and long,it has been growing a lot

MasCat
November 28th, 2012, 02:24 AM
beautiful and inspiring :)

Accalia
November 28th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Wow very beautiful! Congrats with your 2 years anniversary!

white.chocolate
November 28th, 2012, 02:54 AM
Congratulations on 2 years! Your hair looks very healthy!

In my opinion, you should reach classic (or your goal) first, and then decide if you want to dye the ends at that length or not.

Manzanilla
November 28th, 2012, 04:55 AM
It looks so beautiful and healthy, well done! :)

janeytilllie
November 28th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Congratulations on your progress and anniversary :flower: Your hair is very beautiful and shiny :)

Lize
November 28th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Wow, you have beautiful hair. It looks so thick and healthy!

missketi
November 28th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Your hair looks amazing!

MrsGuther
November 28th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Beautiful hair! I absolutely adore the purple, btw.

Colourful
November 28th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Wow, your hair is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations and nice progress :)

hime_daruma_88
November 28th, 2012, 09:07 AM
So beautiful and shiny hair, just perfect! :)

Kosmos
November 28th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Your hair is so gorgeous! I wanted hair just like yours when I was a kid and then realized dark hair was just not a good idea with my skintone. <3 Gorgeous!

PrairieRose
November 28th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Happy 2 year Anniversary! Looks good, keep up the good work!

oktobergoud
November 28th, 2012, 01:16 PM
:thud:

I have nothing more to say!

shutterpillar
November 28th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Very lovely. :)

lapushka
November 28th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Pretty hair, and some great progress! :thumbsup:

owlathena
November 28th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Pretty! You've made wonderful progress!

sihaya
November 28th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Beautiful hair! I'm inspired :) Loving the purple, I should dye my ends like that...

Lostsoule77
November 28th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Your hair is gorgeous!! :thud:

Vanilla
November 28th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Your hair looks amazing. I love the purple.

hypersensitive
November 29th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Thank you everyone!! You guys are too kind! :love:

JamieLeigh
November 29th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Wow, your hair looks so luscious and thick! And I love the purple!!