PDA

View Full Version : Stress related hair fall

Bunnysaur
November 26th, 2012, 09:38 PM
My hair has been falling out in gobs (and I mean gobs) all semester. I've lost over an inch of thickness these past few months.
This is getting ridiculous. I've tried so much to stop it, but nothing seems to work.
How do you manage your stress related hair loss/stress in general? I don't want to lose all my hair before I graduate...

Happytresses
November 26th, 2012, 11:13 PM
I feel you on this one. I have been sitting for my CPA exam and noticed I was shedding really bad. So I took time to go walking and I would listen to lessons while I walked. You have to manage your stress because not only is it bad for your hair, its just awful on your skin. Read something funny and laugh.

princess007
November 26th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Ugggggg, stress is so bad. I would just say for you to schedule "me" time (well it would actually be "you" time). Make sure you get away from daily stressors, even if it is to take a walk, read or take a bubble bath. Also, make sure you are eating healthy and maybe could see your doctor to have your thyroid checked just in case.

DinaAG
November 26th, 2012, 11:53 PM
sports sport and more sports to release the stress. wish you all the happiness, here is a very good free workouts by Melissa i hope it will help
http://www.benderfitness.com/

MissAlida
December 18th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Oh, I know what you mean. I have had stress related shed for the past 4 years, even went to the dr. and got my thyroid checked, bloodwork and all. I finally found a shampoo that reduced my shedding significantly. I think it's a local brand, so you might not find it elsewhere, but I'll tell you the name, just in case. It's the brand Gerovital Plant, and it has an anti-shedding shampoo (the one with the purple top). Other than that, a healthy diet, long walks, relaxing music (jazz or classical has helped me), baths and workouts, everything that distracts you from the stress factors. It will get better. Try to keep negative toughts out of your mind. Just block them out. It's never as bad as it seems. And know that you are not alone.:waving:

dollyfish
December 18th, 2012, 12:17 PM
I'm a student too, and this semester I've had really bad stress shedding during finals! But the semester is over now and I'm on break, so I think things will go back to normal. And hopefully this stress acne will recede some time soon!

Sillage
December 18th, 2012, 12:22 PM
BunnySaur-- sorry you are going thru this my friend :( I don't have any tips for stress, but I am sending good vibes your way.

faery_braids
December 18th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Meditation helped me a lot this fall term (last exam on Wednesday, yay!). You could also look into counselling offered by your campus; I'm not sure how it works at yours, but at mine it's free (appointments fill up fast, though), and there are quite a few workshops offered by the counselling department (anxiety, depression, &c.), all free. They'll often direct students to campus clubs as well, whether so they can get some more exercise, meet new people, &c.

I definitely hear you on the hair loss due to school: in first year I lost half my hair's thickness. :c

jacqueline101
December 18th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I'm sorry you're going through this but the only suggestion I've is to take care of yourself and try to relax.