PDA

View Full Version : Share your good hair days!

pariate
August 23rd, 2008, 02:33 PM
I thought it would be nice to have a thread devoted to our good hair days!

Since I joined LHC I enjoy my hair a lot more than I used to - my bad hair days are fewer and further apart - and every now and again I look at my hair and think "ooooo, where did this come from?!"

So post your good hair days here and let us know what (if anything) you did that seems to have given your usually beautiful locks that extra edge ;)

pariate
August 23rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah, you guessed it -- I thought of this thread because I'm having a good hair day! :oops:

Last night I did my modified CO wash (mixing a tiny drop of poo into my CO conditioner) with MOP C-System Sulfate Free Clarifying Shampoo and conditioned the lengths with MOP Mixed Greens conditioner. I added my usual dose of AGO while my hair was drying and my hair looked fab today! I've got root lift (which rarely occurs), it's sitting perfectly, is very "swoopy"... I'm a very happy girl!

But I can almost guarantee that if I repeat this process every time I wash, I won't have the same semi-perfect hair :? Ho hum, never mind, I'll enjoy it while I've got it :wink: :D

Soniasonia
August 23rd, 2008, 02:41 PM
I use burts bees hand salve as a light hair wax and it tames frizzies always! It never lets me down. Plus it makes my hair smell yummy<3

paper
August 23rd, 2008, 06:26 PM
Every since I grew out of the mullet stage, every day is a good hair day! :D

I just found out recently I have waves, I am loving them. I was having a good hair day, when I took my sig pic. :D

winter_star
August 24th, 2008, 03:22 AM
I use burts bees hand salve as a light hair wax and it tames frizzies always! It never lets me down. Plus it makes my hair smell yummy<3

What a great idea! I used my Burts Bees hand salve on my hair today and it works great.

Soniasonia
August 24th, 2008, 01:14 PM
What a great idea! I used my Burts Bees hand salve on my hair today and it works great.
Glad you liked it<3

utdesertrunner
August 24th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Last night I tried CWC for the first time. It was AWESOME! My hair is so soft and smooth!

susiemw
August 24th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Today was a great hair day. Yesterday, I oiled my hair, put in a crown braid... today I took the braid down, and wow!! gorgeous waves including my bangs and all over the crown. It was great!! I really miss my curls (20 years of perming) so I will be doing this more often.

Susan

wintersun99
August 24th, 2008, 06:02 PM

alligatorbaby23
August 24th, 2008, 08:19 PM
It seems as every day I wear my hair down lately has been a great hair day. I have been keeping it up religiously at work and when sleeping. Methinks this technique is working to my advantage. YaY.
Also the coconut oil I've been using in addition for the past month, and my new stash of Nature's Gate Original S&C.
Love these great hair days. Can't wait to see what happens in a couple months when the humidity dies down.

longhairedfairy
August 24th, 2008, 08:22 PM
My hair has been really soft lately :)

Elanor
August 25th, 2008, 12:22 AM
I'm having such a good hair day that I left my hair loose despite my 58 day updo challenge :p I washed my hair with diluted organic shampoo yesterday, put some light cone free conditioner for ten minutes and rinsed well, and then rubbed a drop of leave in and virgin coconut oil in towel-dryed hair, as usual. I didn't comb or detangle, but this morning my hair felt all soft and silky and it had some nice wave<3

pariate
August 25th, 2008, 04:52 AM
I'm having such a good hair day that I left my hair loose despite my 58 day updo challenge :p I washed my hair with diluted organic shampoo yesterday, put some light cone free conditioner for ten minutes and rinsed well, and then rubbed a drop of leave in and virgin coconut oil in towel-dryed hair, as usual. I didn't comb or detangle, but this morning my hair felt all soft and silky and it had some nice wave<3

That's so cool Elanor! Great news :D Sometimes I kinda miss cones...

Chromis
August 25th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I have almost all good hair days! This is mostly because I know what works on my hair and what works when it is at different levels of behavingness.

I actually thought about starting a happy hair thread before for all the folks that like their hair and don't harbour loads of cutting thoughts just so newcomers don't see only the frustrated threads :lol:

redtea
August 25th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I did a henna/cassia treatment on Saturday night. I didn't rinse it out until after midnight and by then I was so tired I went straight to bed with braided wet hair. When I woke up in the morning, I took out my braid, combed my hair, looked in the mirror and WOW.. perfect hair! The color was perfect.. the waves were perfect... when my bf saw me he took one look and told me my hair was looked so perfect I should be on the cover of a magazine for perfect hair. :D

I really should have taken a picture!

pariate
August 26th, 2008, 05:03 AM
Your BF meets LHC's rigorous standards. Tell him we'll review his pay before Christmas ;) What a sweetie!

Monsterkitti
August 26th, 2008, 05:09 AM
I had a good hair weekend :) well Friday and Saturday anyway. Colour was looking nice and shiny and my curls were for once behaving and staying where I want them :D

Arctic
August 26th, 2008, 05:22 AM
I have been having lots of good hair days lately, and have fallen in love with my hair again after a while of frustration in the spring/early summer. I :inlove: my hair!

pariate
August 26th, 2008, 07:03 AM
I have been having lots of good hair days lately, and have fallen in love with my hair again after a while of frustration in the spring/early summer. I :inlove: my hair!

I had a similar phase this summer. It's so great when your hair suddenly starts to make you smile again :D

sahiba
August 27th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Has to be last night and am still not over it.:happydance: I've been working hard for my length to grow more and yesterday I realised that it must have increased a bit because after my head wash while pulling my pants up they got stuck in my pants.:ohmy: I know it sounds stupid but I've never cared about my hair earlier while wearing clothes as they never bothered me. Now I'll have to throw them in front of me .But i'm really thrilled.:cloud9:

Arctic
August 27th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Another great hair day here :D I did something different in my evening routine, and today, when I took my hair down from sleeping bun I have veeery nice wurls! :cloud9:
My hair has been on the roll lately! :cheer:

pariate
August 27th, 2008, 04:23 AM
...while pulling my pants up they got stuck in my pants...

Sahiba, you've pioneered a new progress measuring techinique :lol:

Congratulations, I'm happy for you and your new length!

Arctic
August 27th, 2008, 04:26 AM
I had a similar phase this summer. It's so great when your hair suddenly starts to make you smile again :D

It sure is! I was away from LHC for months during the spring and had lot of stress etc and it showed in my hair. Now that I've been back, my hair is happy again and it certainly can make my whole day better! Yay for lovely hair! :cheese:

granitbaby
August 27th, 2008, 04:52 AM
Today I have the best hair day for a long time. Yesterday I did my first henna since July 2007 and I'm loving it. My hair suddenly feels right again!

sahiba
August 27th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Sahiba, you've pioneered a new progress measuring techinique :lol:

Congratulations, I'm happy for you and your new length!

Thank you .:bow: I hope the moderator is paying attention to what pariate said........ " a new progress measuring technique". Thinking of making it official:eyebrows:

pariate
August 27th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Thank you .:bow: I hope the moderator is paying attention to what pariate said........ " a new progress measuring technique". Thinking of making it official:eyebrows:

The knicker test! :rollin: Oh my word... :rolling:

pariate
August 27th, 2008, 01:40 PM
I washed today - waaaaaaaaaay overdue, my hair was absurdly filthy and greasy considering I only washed 4 days ago. I think it may be because of the poo I mixed in to my CO wash last time, maybe it was too stripping. Oh well... Today I CO washed with my MOP lemongrass conditioner, used MOP mixed greens as my second C and my hair's lookin' goooood :eyebrows: :D Amazing root lift and great definition in my wurls. It's not totally dry yet but the omens are good!

Yay for good hair days! :cheer: