PDA

View Full Version : An interesting way to remove split ends

Tota
November 26th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Hi there, I just watched this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FUbqFYzmWs&feature=em-subs_digest and I thought I would post it here if anyone else would find it helpful. I don't care for his advertising but I think his method for removing split ends might be effective. I'll definitely have to try it very soon :eek:

spirals
November 26th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Can you sort of describe it? Videos crash my tablet and I don't have a desktop right now. Thanks. :flower:

Amygirl8
November 26th, 2012, 02:08 PM
That actually looks really really intelligent :o
It sort of reminds me of the same method for the split ender, but without a razor and you control it yourself.
Obviously not all of the ends will be split, but I definitely see this as a very effective method for people like me who have splits running down the length of the hair, not really at the ends.
I'm definitely going to try it out! Thanks for posting :]

WaitingSoLong
November 26th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Ok I hate to be a pooper, while that is cool and I have never seen that method before, you will inevitably trim the end of every hair that sticks up, whether it is split or not. Since everyone has hairs at every length due to normal shedding, I just would not want to trim healthy ends with the bad. It's "throwing the baby out with the bathwater".

jacqueline101
November 26th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Its interesting but I agree I wouldn't do that method due to the healthy ends.

neko_kawaii
November 26th, 2012, 02:28 PM
After neglecting my hair for three years I had quite a number of splits in the length and this is the method I came up with to deal with them. Quite effective when the splits are at all lengths but once that is under control it is probably over kill.

Tota
November 26th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Yes ofcourse, it could definitely be overkill. But if I just hold my hair the way he does and look carefully and only cut split ends ... That could work, no? A modified S&D I guess.

ETA: Sorry spirals, I don't know how to describe it. He uses three fingers of one hand to hold a strand of hair and split ends pop out so he can cut them. Maybe someone else will be kind enough to describe it more properly. My English is not that good.

DinaAG
November 26th, 2012, 02:49 PM
but wont that cut the flyaway's and the new baby hair?

Quixii
November 26th, 2012, 02:58 PM
I've seen that method described before on here and I've tried it a few times. I find it to be fairly effective, but with hair that's not perfectly straight it doesn't cooperate nearly so nicely. Also with long hair it would take quite a while to go through every section of hair in the thinness this requires. And as some people have mentioned, not only the split ends pop up.
But it's a great way to start. You can also combine this method with your regular S&D - us this method to find them, but only cut the ends that are actually split.