PDA

View Full Version : Goal Changes?

GlassEyes
August 23rd, 2008, 12:58 PM
I just did a quick search and didn't find any topics like this one, but if there is one, the mods can do whatever they wish, not that they need my permission. XD

anyway, I was wondering how many of you have changed your hair goals to either be longer or shorter of what you originally wanted. I originally debated between waist and classic length, but now I'm thinking: 'Hmmm, I wonder what a knee length braid would feel like'. Basically, I'm insane. XD No guarantee my hair will ever be that length anyway, and if I did reach it unstretched, well, my hair would be waaaaaaay past floor length. Way past.

But how about you all?

longhairedfairy
August 23rd, 2008, 01:05 PM
The "Basically, I'm insane" made me laugh :)

Mine was about waist-length. Since it got to about hip-length I thought, "Hey, maybe it can grow longer than I thought it was capable of getting," and changed my goal length to classical-ish.

ZaBasDa
August 23rd, 2008, 01:10 PM
My goal is ever changing. I set shorter term goals because I'm impatient and so that I can get used to the longer ideal before it happens. I do this mainly because I'm bad at visualizing what x-length hair would look like. I suppose my ultimate goal is terminal, but I just want something I can visualize.

Sceleste
August 23rd, 2008, 01:14 PM
Not yet, but I'm on the fence...

My original goal was classic, and it still is, but I'm already dreaming of a knee length braid... I'm quite sure once I'm at classic I want to go longer.

pariate
August 23rd, 2008, 01:20 PM
Ha! I'm the first one to vote "Nope, I'm content"... but I haven't reached my goal yet, so I guess there's still time for me to change my mind :)

kwaniesiam
August 23rd, 2008, 01:22 PM
I voted cheese, because I don't know what my goal is! I'm just letting it grow and will stop once I get to a place I feel comfortable with looks, health, and management wise.

harley mama
August 23rd, 2008, 01:24 PM
Mine changed. When I first joined, I put WL as my goal. I remember Jason asking me if I was sure I wanted to stop at WL. When I got there, I figured I would just keep growing a while longer and see what happened. I'm almost at TB now (when pulled straight) and don't plan to cut any time soon. Who knows how long I'll go.

I guess my goal is to grow until I'm tired of growing! Or, until my hair is tired of growing.
It will be an interesting adventure for me and my hair!

GlassEyes
August 23rd, 2008, 01:40 PM
Ha! I'm the first one to vote "Nope, I'm content"... but I haven't reached my goal yet, so I guess there's still time for me to change my mind :)
I haven't even hit SHOULDER yet, and mine might be changing. xD

Carolyn
August 23rd, 2008, 01:43 PM
Yes I have changed my goals. I don't recall an exact thread on it but I know a lot of us have mentioned in our journals changing our minds. When I first got my hair back to mid back and all one length, I decided to give waist length one more tried. I'd tried a couple of times before and hadn't succeeded. I was thinking my terminal length was shorter than waist and I'd just have to accept it wouldn't happen for me. I kept on growing past mid back and thought well so what if it never gets to waist? I don't have to cut it again as I had in the past. I have no idea what possessed me in the past to think I had to change it. I kept growing and slowing inching or quarter inching my way down and finally got to waist after going for about 6 years. I was thrilled and thought why not go on? Surely I could grow a couple more inches. I reached hip length and then went on to tailbone. So yes I've changed the goal and adjusted as I went along. Right now I'm at hip and thinking about tailbone again. I don't know if I'll change that again but I might.

Katahdin
August 23rd, 2008, 01:46 PM
When I first came to LHC I decided to make classic-length my goal, but the more hair I see the more I want to go even longer... I'm thinking now I'd like to be knee before my 20th birthday. =D

I think my only real limit would be blow ankle, if I haven't reached terminal by then. I'd like to wear my hair down at least a little around the house without it dragging on the floor and shredding to death =)

(Heh, I guess I should go change my goal to knee)

Curlsgirl
August 23rd, 2008, 01:52 PM
I have been thinking the opposite. I kind of like my hair where it is, not at waist but about 2 inches above right now. I was planning on going to waist but I have never had hair that long and it sort of was beginning to bother me before I got my trim. Who knows? It will definitely depend on whether it can look healthy at longer lengths though. I will keep trimming if it looks like it needs it. I will just see. I voted "on the fence":D

tinah
August 23rd, 2008, 01:58 PM
I'm the second cheese-head! I think classic is my goal, but being so far from there I'm not really sure. It is really going to depend on condition, I guess. . .

itsMEowKat
August 23rd, 2008, 02:01 PM
I'm sittin' on the fence. I thought I'd be happy with waist length, but quickly changed my mind to Classic. Now I find myself being woo'd by knee length. Since I'm still at BSL I guess I have plenty of time until I need to make my final decision.

~Kat
=^..^=

prosperina
August 23rd, 2008, 02:19 PM
Waist length, my original goal, just started to seem really *short*. Now I want hip length hair, if it will grow that long, but classic would be nice too...

Little_Bird
August 23rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
Well, I've been changing my goals over time, but have been wanting the same lenght for the last 3 years. However, in the first year, when I started to grow my hair from pixie, I wanted shoulder lenght. Then I wanted mid back. Then I wanted knee lenght, and then went back to classic... I had this craze much longer before I reached shoulder so you see why I am always so paranoid with lenght hehe...

Oh well ... Classic is my goal still :flower:

Buddaphlyy
August 23rd, 2008, 03:10 PM
I've changed mine to longer. At first I wanted just BSL, then I wanted hip. But after here a story of someone with my hairtype growing to thigh length and having a major setback that forced them to cut to earlength, I figure the sky's the limit and I will now be growing to terminal.

xrosiex
August 23rd, 2008, 03:46 PM
My hair goal is really kinda simple. I want to grow my hair as long as it will grow, terminal. But I'd like to keep my hemline thick. So I guess only time will tell.:)

Naluin
August 23rd, 2008, 04:13 PM
I voted for cheese. :cheese:

My current goal of waist is time-dependent. My goal is to reach waist by January of 2011. After that... well, I don't have a plan for after that, but I think it is likely that I will want to continue growing for as long as my hair will grow and as long as I can continue to care for it.

30isthenewblack
August 23rd, 2008, 05:04 PM
I voted 'on the fence'. I have curly hair so my original goal is to grow my hair to my hip so it will bounce up to waist length and keep on maintaining my hair at this length. I have no desire to grow it any longer than that at this stage.

It all depends on how my hair looks at this length as my priorities are a) health, b) definition of curl and then c) length. If my hair looks too thin at this length with all longer layers, I will cut it back to waist (it is only about 2 or 3" to waist now when I pull it straight).

I am quite happy with the way that my hair looks now so I'm maintaining the status quo in terms of my routine & doing microtrims every three to four months.

paper
August 23rd, 2008, 06:15 PM
I voted for longer. At first I wanted to grow my hair to SL. Then, I thought BSL, now I'm thinking WL. :hmm:

ChatoyantLocks
August 23rd, 2008, 06:43 PM
My goal has been "grow hair longer" and that hasn't changed. :)

freznow
August 23rd, 2008, 06:57 PM
I voted cheese. My goal from the beginning has been terminal length, but as I continue my journey I have mini goals and terminal never was an exact decided goal, it just seemed 'easiest'.

Starr
August 23rd, 2008, 08:24 PM
I voted on the fence. . . at first I said classic when dry and I think that's what I still want but a classic length braid (which would mean knee length) is very tempting.

rubyann
August 23rd, 2008, 08:50 PM
When I first came to LHC my goal was BSL.

I found myself saying I'd like to have a butt length braid, so that would probably mean classic. I think that may be a little over for me, so I'll say waist length for now. Yeah, that.:)

Isilya
August 24th, 2008, 01:29 AM
I voted 'longer'. I wanted BSL at first, but thought that wasn't long enough once I got there. Then I wanted waist. Then hip. Then tailbone. I think I'll stop there :) So, my goal went from BSL to TLB.

sexyjacksparrow
August 24th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Mine changes all the time between BSL, waist and hip. I keep changing my mind. I think it's kind of:

BSL - this is where I think I'm likely to be able to get to (without too much taper) - based on nothing but my pessimistic thinking.

Waist - where I'd really like to get to

Hip - where I'm kind of curious to see what it's like

Saranne772
August 24th, 2008, 02:29 AM
Longer- I had intended knee and stop but now I know that knee wont be enough so Ive added 10 inches to the goal once i reach knee

Hatsumomo
August 24th, 2008, 02:34 AM
I had never intended to stop at my goal of tailbone but now I'm thinking that maybe I will so I can still have as minimal taper as possible.

anna1850
August 24th, 2008, 03:48 AM
I haven't quite decided what to do with mine. I think I want classic but then everyone here seems to have problems wearing it down at that length (which would take a lot of the fun out of it for me).

Plus, there's the whole curly issue. I'm currently measuring my hair straightened (because it gives a more consistent result), but do I want to get to classic straight or curly? If I went straight how short would my hair be curly? (TB?) or go there curly and then how long would my straight hair have to be? (fingertip/knee?)

I guess I'm on the fence but I know I at very least want to get to TB so I'm not worrying too much for the moment. I always remember that if I decided that my hair had gotten too long I can just trim it back a bit. It's a bit strange though to one day be thinking TB is enough and then the next thinking about knee but oh well...

DecafJane
August 24th, 2008, 04:50 AM
I now want to see just how far I can go. I'm thinking mid-thigh or beyond, or terminal, whichever it hits first. :D

DotDotDot
August 24th, 2008, 07:56 AM
I voted "Nope, I'm content," because my goal has been terminal for as long as I can remember. :)

AJoifulNoise
August 24th, 2008, 08:04 AM
I chose cheese. At first I hadn't even considered a goal. Then, when I got here I wanted hair as long as it would grow (of course, I was also a "lifetime" non-trimmer... That has changed).

Then I wanted at least knee.

Now I don't know if I want that much. So, we'll see. Whatever length I have, I don't want fairytale ends.

lil_irish_angel
August 24th, 2008, 08:38 AM
hehehe this is funny

But Grow on for me. Not my knees or anything but a true TB, HIP length is all i want. And after that now more

But then again Im going back and forth to stay where I am or let it go

mira-chan
August 24th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Cheese of course!:D

I reached my goal and passed it a bit. Now staying and thickenign the ends a bit. I may grow it longer, I may keep it or trim it back a bit. It all depends on if the taper moves down or not.

Slug Yoga
August 24th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Yeah, last time I updated my profile I put my goal as tailbone. Now, that seems way too short! I want it annoyingly, ridiculously long. Like classic or knee. I mean, that's years away, so we'll see how I feel about it then, but seeing people with beautiful extra-long hair makes me want that too.

AnneAdeline
August 24th, 2008, 04:55 PM
I originally wanted waist, but now I'm not so sure if that's all. Seeing all this gorgeous long hair makes me want to have longer hair than waist. Still not sure though. I don't have much taper, so I think I could get it longer than waist...

vindo
August 24th, 2008, 11:32 PM
My 'original' goal was BSL :rolleyes:

NurseMama
August 24th, 2008, 11:54 PM
I voted longer. When I came here I was thinking TB (I've been waist to TB a few times) but I am thinking more and more about longer. Classic? Knee? I used to say that anything that I could sit on was a little too much, but with all of the lovely updo's I can see it being feasible on a daily basis. I am pretty sure that knee the max that I could tolerate, but who knows!

Velouria
August 25th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Well, I'm going to be maintaining at around my current length for quite some time (trimming away chemical damage), but I lengthened my long-term goal very recently from just past BSL to waist (meaning dry and curly).

The reason I originally planned on stopping above waist was because I didn't want my hair to obscure my waist; I like to think that I have an hourglass shape:)

But then I saw so many pictures here of women with beautiful waist-length and beyond hair that is fairy-taled, V'd, or U'd enough that it doesn't obscure narrowness at the waist, but actually accentuates it.

So, I want waist now, and I think I can get it, even though I'm curly. I'm also short and high-waisted, fortunately. And I got a touch past BSL (curly, of course) once pre-LHC , though my routine was pretty lacking.

I'm almost certain my ends will be fairy-taled by waist, but if not I'll trim it into a deep U or a V.

sipnsun
August 25th, 2008, 06:26 AM
When I first joined LHC my goal was waist. Now as I get closer to BSL I have changed it to hip. So no telling what it will be next year as it gets longer.

Kyamo
August 25th, 2008, 07:14 AM
My original goal was waist. I'm very very close to that now. Since I'm so close to that goal, I have changed my attitude from "length most important, never trim, save every cm" to "small trims regularly, I'll work on ends while I keep growing". However, I think I'll probably be changing my goal to tailbone soon, continuing on to it slowly while trimming. I can't imagine longer than tailbone, but we'll see if I still feel that way once I get there!

taliarose
August 26th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Cheese for me. :cheese: I've never had a goal. Since I started growing it I always figured I would stop when it "felt" right. Seeing how there are so many like minded people I may let it go straight to the floor if it will go that far for me. So... basically as long as it's healthy and we're both happy with it the longer the better! :p

socks
August 27th, 2008, 08:34 PM
When I started growing my hair, I just knew that I wanted it longer. I eventually decided that waist would be nice, but as I got closer to waist, I thought that it would be nice to be able to sit on it, and when I reached tailbone, I started thinking about mid-thigh or so... Basically, the cycle is still going on. My goal has been ankle-length to floor-length for a while now, but soon I'll probably start planning on having my hair grow long enough to reach ankle while braided or something equally silly. :lol:

Xi
August 29th, 2008, 11:52 PM
I chose the fence-sitting option. Before I found the LHC, I didn't have an explicit goal, but kind of anxiously wished it were longer and thicker. Now the anxiety is gone -- I am a bit curious to see if treating my hair "like antique lace" will have an effect, but I don't think I'll be distressed if my current length (~TB) is terminal. Somehow the LHC has taught me to appreciate the particular beauties of any head of hair.:flowers:

Elayne
August 30th, 2008, 09:09 PM
I guess I have to vote yes, longer, since my original plan was waist length, then keep it about there. But now my hair *is* waist length, and doesn't feel long enough to me. The longer its gotten, the more I love the way it feels and looks, so the new plan is "as long as it will get" and no trimming beyond S&D, although, part of that is some really bad experiences with some rather traumatic hair cuts that have left me a little distrusting of hair salons. Fortunately, I came across this site where not cutting your hair isn't considered strange :)

jojo
September 1st, 2008, 05:01 PM
My 'original' goal was BSL :rolleyes:

I am pleased you changed your mind, your hair is my favorite!

jojo
September 1st, 2008, 05:02 PM
I originally wanted classic, now I am thinking of seeing what terminal is on me, will be many a year before I find out though!

ClareDee
September 1st, 2008, 05:12 PM
My original goal was waist-length. Simply because I want long hair but, for me, that's as long as I feel I could manage and take care of.

I'm considering now that I might be just as happy with BSL length... In my view, that's still very long hair... So, at the moment, I want to head for BSL tentatively, but more so with a view to stopping and maintaining at whatever length makes me happy.

I wonder could any kind long-hair out there tell me, would BSL length be long enough for me to do a good few updo's?... If so, I'll be more sure about it. :)

rockkcor
September 1st, 2008, 05:27 PM
I think that definition of 'long' changes as it gets longer. So why not longer?
I am going for terminal - what ever that is, no matter how long...

zen_oven
September 1st, 2008, 05:37 PM
I'm on the fence at this point. I guess I'm planning on getting to BSL before I reassess anything. My ultimate goal is waist length, but I may choose to go longer or keep it there--don't know yet.

anna1850
September 1st, 2008, 05:43 PM
I wonder could any kind long-hair out there tell me, would BSL length be long enough for me to do a good few updo's?... If so, I'll be more sure about it. :)

I think there are quite a few updos you can do at BSL; plenty of basic buns, folded braids etc.

There are a few that I couldn't do until waistish (figure 8/infinity bun, wrapped hairstick bun etc.) although your hair's a lot thinner than mine so you should be able to do more than I could at the same length. I guess the answer is always get there are see if you're satisfied.

The one updo I really really want to do (a fake crown braid a la Yulia Tymoshenko) I've realised I won't be able to do until classic-ish and I'm starting to get tempted to go for knee or terminal (whichever comes first). I was thinking of going to classic and then maybe cutting back to TB but if I can no longer do certain updos then that could affect my decision. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it though. So I suppose the length for updos can be just as important as how it looks down.

thankyousir74
September 1st, 2008, 05:51 PM
I haven't even hit SHOULDER yet, and mine might be changing. xD

Oh man, totally same here. I started at classic, and then now to just stay sane, my minigoal is shoulder. (but my goal is still terminal, where ever that is)

ClareDee
September 1st, 2008, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the reply, anna1850 :blossom:

shrimp
September 2nd, 2008, 06:48 AM
Longer for me - I originally wanted TB (before finding here and realising what that length was) and then decided to go for classic.

No plans to stop growing though I will be trimming to try and get a bit more weight to my hemline.

pinkprincess
September 2nd, 2008, 07:35 AM
I wanted to grow to waist, then to tailbone, then classic, then knee, then hip and now 50" (which is about mid-thigh). And I've only been here since March!

granitbaby
September 2nd, 2008, 02:21 PM
I voted cheese because I really don't know. My goal varies from day to day but never shorter than tail bone.

queenjord
September 2nd, 2008, 03:06 PM
i voted "on the fence" because i keep thinking about how awesome it would be to have fingertip hair.. but i still have a long way to go, and a lot of trimming to do

rhubarbarin
September 2nd, 2008, 03:41 PM
When I came here I just to learn more about hair care and grow my hair longer.. I was nearly at BSL then. Waist length seemed really long to me and I guess it was my goal..

Many routine changes and haircuts later, my hair is much healthier and more managable, but it's layered, damaged and pretty much everything but my 6" of new virgin growth is going to have to be trimmed off sooner or later. WL is still my short-term goal, but I would really like to get to mid-thigh or even knee. Looking at all the beautiful hair here has made me appreciate more extreme lengths.

Kayleena
September 2nd, 2008, 03:48 PM
Original Post 09/02/2008: Hi, everyone! :) This is my first poll. :coolblue: I answered, “Yes, longer.” My first goal before ever finding any long-hair sites was mid-back; after that, I wanted waist-length hair. I was working on that when I had hair-shrinking problems and sought long-hair websites for solutions, encouragement, and reassurances. Now that I’ve achieved waist-length :happydance: {~32" on me}, I’m basically playing a numbers game. I like the idea of having a yard {36"}, then a meter {I've over-rounded up to 41"}, of hair, so those are my next two goals. I don’t know how long each of those are on me, so I’ll see if I like where they are before I change my length goal again. Happy growing!

Update Post 07/06/2010: I have *finally* achieved my Yard {36"} ! :cheer: I've also been stuck at 36", ~TBL on me, for the past 1-1/2 years since a few strands reached 36" at the end of 2008 {the others have been *very gradually* catching up}. So, I've changed my ultimate goal length back to 36" from 41" so that I can thoroughly enjoy this achievement. This is *much* better than being stuck at 26" & *almost* MBL which is where I was the last time my hair was in a slow-or-no growth period. 36" is still a longer goal than what I originally wanted when first trying to grow my hair really long, so my original answer of “Yes, longer” still stands.

kunibob
September 3rd, 2008, 11:01 PM
I thought BSL would be enough to make me happy, and now I'm going for waist, so I guess I'm one of the mind-changers! I'm pretty sure that I'm going to change my mind once I get to my new goal as well. I love tracking my progress against goals, so I'm constantly refining my goals so that I have an excuse to keep striving for them. :P Plus, I imagine I'll always be thinking, "if my hair were just a few inches longer, I could do X hairstyle with it!" I suppose we'll see. Maybe I'll be deterred by all the hard work. ;)

Chamomilemaiden
September 4th, 2008, 12:07 AM
I change my goals constatntly. One day I think tailbone when wavy would be great, other days I want knee or floor length. But my original goal was waist, which I thought I would never be able to reach, now I´m past and I just want longer hair :)

Morningglory
September 4th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Yes, longer....very long. It was waist now it is something like terminal.

Arctic_Mama
September 4th, 2008, 02:06 AM
The more beautiful hair I see the more I want longer hair! lol

It's CONTAGIOUS!

Problem is - I am horribly impatient. This will either help me gain some or drive me batty in the waiting, we'll see!

tiny_teesha
September 4th, 2008, 04:09 AM
I was originally going for knee, but i know i can't pull it off, so i gave up and I'm shooting for TB!
Although if in future my hair decides to suddenly thicken up i may shoot for knee again, you never know- I'm not completely ruling it out!

Melein
September 4th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Well, my original goal when I started growing my hair was wist. Now...*points at siggy* ;)

Robbi Dehlinger
September 4th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Orignally mid thigh, gone to knee length, maybe I will not like it or maybe I will want calf length after that???

Yeesha
September 4th, 2008, 12:51 PM
First I wanted waistlength...
Then classic...

And now... Terminal isn't long enough!! :D

brightonwoman
September 8th, 2008, 05:12 PM
I started off saying "tailbone is good" but now I have this MAJOR temptation to see how long terminal is...there's a good chance it's actually shorter than tb, because I've never been able to get it that long before...but hey, i'm trying...
If/when I get to terminal, assuming that it's longer than tb, I will almost certainly cut back to tb...

I think hanging out with other longhairs (and seeing the pictures) is very inspiring....I'm sure that's why most people change their goals to longer. :)

amiaow
September 8th, 2008, 10:16 PM
My goal was waist, but to be honest right now I think I'd be happy to get to a good BSL- it's a couple of years away on me. I guess I will see what happens from there!

Unnamed
September 8th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Even before joining LHC my 'end goal' was terminal (whatever that might be!), and, it has not changed.

Unless terminal length somehow ends up being a length that would drag on the ground (unlikely, I'd think, given my hair is thin, but who knows), I don't plan on cutting back to a shorter length after reaching 'terminal' length, and even then I might not. :lol:

SweetPea88
September 8th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I think I just changed my goal to hip now that I am at waist! :)

Monsterkitti
September 9th, 2008, 01:19 AM
When I joined LHC i put waist as my final goal but the longer I spend here the more appealing TBL or longer is :)

Henrietta
September 20th, 2012, 07:31 AM
I voted for cheese, because I started with TBL, then I changed it for knee and then for classic, so there were both things, for shorter and for longer... I ended up with setting a goal longer than my initial one, though. ;)

kimberlyjoy
September 20th, 2012, 12:10 PM
My original goal was waist length, but it still doesn't feel that long to me. Plus, I am a borderline thin type and my buns are still disappointingly scrawny, so I've decided to try for tailbone.

Shepherdess
September 20th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Before I first joined LHC, my goal was knee length. But after being here for a while and seeing so much inspiration, I am now hoping for floor length someday. :D

I currently am almost to knee length. I hope that my terminal length is longer than knee, if not, I guess that is okay, but I'd probably be a tad disappointed.

Cowgirl16
September 20th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I voted for longer. When I first joined I gave a number; I think 38 inches. Then I changed it to classic and once I got there I changed to 50 inches and now???

Make room for one more at the asylum. I don't know how long my hair will grow; but, I'll probably change for longer...again:cheese:

TheMechaGinger
September 20th, 2012, 07:27 PM
I thought waist would be good for me but as I was getting closer to it then I wanted hip. Then one day as I was terribly bored I googled tailbone length hair and now that's my new goal. I still haven't reached waist yet due to a serious need of trims to get rid of old color haha so my goal is way far off for me still

Amber_Maiden
September 20th, 2012, 07:37 PM
yep, want it MUCH longer now. Wanted tailbone, now want fingertip :p

terylenerose
September 21st, 2012, 08:06 PM
No, ever since I had a goal at all it was terminal. I have a different idea of what terminal might be and how to get there now, but not a different specific length in mind. I'd kind of like to know what it would be like to sit on my own hair, though -- something I wasn't really curious about before LHC. :)

PerkyCurlz
September 21st, 2012, 09:51 PM
My original goal was mid-back. Now I'm good with letting it grow as long as it wants.

fairhairedthing
September 21st, 2012, 10:16 PM
My original goal was hip, but I decided it is not the look for me and I don't want to have to wear my hair up a lot. Mid back/waist is going to be plenty.

Long_hair_bear
September 22nd, 2012, 08:16 AM
My goal is term..... However long it'll grow, thats what my goal is. :D

Neneka
September 22nd, 2012, 09:58 AM
My goal has gotten shorter. I really doubt that I want hair that's longer than BSL. I might even be happy with APL hair. Also, I am not in a hurry. I just chopped my hair from shoulder to chin and I like this cut. I plan to maintain this until all layers are gone.

longforthis
September 22nd, 2012, 10:01 AM
I voted yes, shorter.

My first goal is waist. Originally, it was knee. But once I reach waist, I will mostly likely maintain it around that area to TBL, then terminal. But right now I just really want to reach waist. xD

Mindy
September 22nd, 2012, 10:47 AM
My original goal was waist, then changed to hip, but now TBL is looking more and more appealing. I don't think I'll know for sure until I get there. I want my hair to grow as long as I can manage while still being able to wear it down comfortably, or get it up without too much hassle.

laurend1985
September 22nd, 2012, 11:10 AM
I have 4a/4b hair and now that i'm midback length, I'm satisfied because it takes a lot of time to detangle. I'm not wishing for waist length anymore.

Littlewing13
September 22nd, 2012, 11:11 PM
Yep. theres a few threads on this but this is the first poll. I originally wanted bsl, but it kept getting longer. I think now I'd like classic... but then knee can look so pretty...

Ticky
September 23rd, 2012, 04:27 AM
Yes, shorter, still not sure what my current goal is. Initially, I wanted it somewhere around classic. After some time, I realized that it isn't for me.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 23rd, 2012, 05:28 AM
I'm fence-sitting. My original goal was waist, as that is where my previous longest length was, so I'm comfortable there.
However after seeing so much beautiful hair on here, I am wavering and wondering whether I might be able to reach classic as my grandmother had classic hair, it might be nice t do the same as her...

My current official goal is still waist though.

JamieLeigh
November 28th, 2012, 09:55 AM
I never know what my goals are, anymore. Some days, I think that I'd like a mid-thigh-length braid tassel, but that would involve growing back to almost-knee, and I don't know if I want it that long again. I used to be curious about my terminal length, but I'm afraid that will be too long for me too.

Yet classic feels so gosh-darned short. *sigh* Decisions. :rolleyes:

neko_kawaii
November 28th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Since my goal has been terminal since encountering the concept and I have yet to encounter "too long" I am quite content with my goal.