PDA

View Full Version : My hair is schizophrenic...GAH

WaitingSoLong
November 25th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I think I may have posted something like this before but I am so stinkin frustrated.

Why can't I get consistent results when I wash my hair? If I use the same S&C, I get different results from one time to the next. I just want consistent results. I understand having to clarify once in awhile but I am so over my hair not behaving when I want it to.

I had two great hair days recently, neither one when I wanted a good hair day. Once after I chelated for the first time in quite awhile because I just sort of forgot about chelating. But the next time I washed...terrible. So I chelated again...terrible. So I washed regular S&C and still terrible yet two days ago I S&C as normal and FABULOUS! Soft, silky, good weight, shiny and perfect. I actually walked around nude for some time just enjoying the feel of my hair on my skin. Awesome. The next day? Horrible. I haven't washed yet since but still...I WANT CONSISTENT results and between the weather and who knows whatever miniscule variables, I cannot get it.

PLEASE tell me I am not alone! And if I ever get a good hair day when I am actually wearing my hair down I will crap my pants.

jacqueline101
November 25th, 2012, 02:40 PM
You're not alone my hair is going through the punk phase. It wants to not like any thing I use. I'm having to try different products. I think mine is starting to come around. It did get rid of those last perm curls.

Sarahlabyrinth
November 25th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Oh dear! I don't know the answer, WSL! But I do get the same thing happening with my hair too, I think it just has a mind of its own. Sometimes I just get so frustrated with it I just want to shave it all off! I always seem to have good hair days when I am at home, then if I have a day when I want to go out and have it looking good, then it all goes down the drain, so to speak, and I just have to grit my teeth and wear it up and try to forget how mean it's being. I think it's just part of having Hair! Mineral oil can help me sometimes - but I still have bad hair days!!!

lunalocks
November 25th, 2012, 08:28 PM
My hair is different nearly every day. And I can never count on it to be perfect for a special event.

neko_kawaii
November 25th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Could it be a change in the weather? Humidity being the thing that springs to my mind.

Gumball
November 25th, 2012, 09:17 PM
You're definitely not alone. There's a solid reason why, under the routine field on my profile, I've put something very ambiguous. I'm still looking for a consistent routine. I have both picky hair and a picky scalp. It makes for an interesting journey, I'll give you that! Right now I'm having good experience with L'Oreal EverCreme.

gthlvrmx
November 25th, 2012, 10:07 PM
your hair is hearing voices that arent real and seeing things that arent real? O.O that's intense!
:p kidding.
Yes you're not alone, i was fine until i started using mineral oil or SOMETHING but now my scalp smells really fast, in 2 days it smells and before it would take 5-6 days before it smelled. I think the oil is dripping to my scalp after rubbing it on the top layers of my hair surrounding my head and it's making it smell so i can't do that anymore i guess. I guess. Im unsure i tried other stuff and it just is not working what gives.

capnjackfan
November 25th, 2012, 10:29 PM
I think everyone's hair has a mind of its own, lol. I wish I had an answer for you, but I think hair might be like skin, after awhile it just gets used to a product and rejects it. I know skin care products have a tendency to do this maybe there's a connection, lol. Also, weather likes to mess with hair frequently, I know I have a HUGE problem with weather being the bad guy!

TheWhiteRabbit
November 26th, 2012, 01:08 AM
When my hair does this I have to take a break from all of the chemicals that I usually use and go about a week without S or C. I still wash with water. I dont know if it is just my hair type ( I have fine thin hair) or what but that helps return it to normal.

Libbylou
November 26th, 2012, 01:52 AM
I have to agree with the weather idea. Like when baking the same biscuits, on more humid days they take longer to bake.
Since the heat has been turned on I have had the static like crazy.

WaitingSoLong
November 26th, 2012, 05:56 AM
I would definitely say weather is a culprit, if not THE culprit. Plus I have to consider the stupid city water, it has smelled a lot more like chlorine lately (hence the chelating poo).

I have yet to find an oil my hair tolerates without becoming a huge greasy mess. I am going to try coconut oil again just for my ends if I can ever remember to do it. Coconut oil breaks me out, so does mineral oil and it aggravates my eczema. Right now I am oil-free as I try to get my eczema under control. But I have never been an avid oil user, just the occasional on the ends between washes.

It's a matter of wearing it up all winter methinks. Doing a trim tomorrow and I cannot wait.

Oksana
November 26th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I am going through the same issues. I haven't taken a picture of my hair for over 7 weeks because every time my hair decides to behave, I am at work :rolleyes:

spirals
November 26th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Mine is the same way. That's just the "charm" of curly hair. I can't undertand why yours is acting the same way.

Lilli
November 27th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Could it be a change in the weather? Humidity being the thing that springs to my mind.

Agreed. Humidity or lack thereof definitely affects my hair. Also, your water supply: ours changes from very hard to softened, and this affects my hair.

Fethenwen
November 27th, 2012, 06:41 AM
When my hair does this I have to take a break from all of the chemicals that I usually use and go about a week without S or C. I still wash with water. I dont know if it is just my hair type ( I have fine thin hair) or what but that helps return it to normal.

I do this also, sometimes giving the hair a break is what it needs. But sometimes not :p

Right now I feel like getting dreadlocks, I get that feeling every time I go through a meh phase. Just a few days ago it was really awesome, but my hair seems to NEVER look awesome when I'm supposed to go somewhere where I would have a chance to wear it down. My hair seems to have decided that it wants to look awesome only when no one else gets to see it, lol. Quite frustrating.

WaitingSoLong
November 27th, 2012, 06:53 AM
My hair seems to have decided that it wants to look awesome only when no one else gets to see it, lol. Quite frustrating.

Yes, this. Murphy's Law?

Sarahlabyrinth
November 27th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Yep. Mr. Murphy and I know each other pretty well, actually....

Seeshami
November 27th, 2012, 04:58 PM
You're not alone. The naughty mess never wants the same thing twice. He's a big fat mean jerk, and he wants me to tell you all that he "loves it". I am assuming that means being evil.

CurlyCap
November 27th, 2012, 10:44 PM
My hair is different nearly every day. And I can never count on it to be perfect for a special event.

Yep. Which is why I abosolutely HATE when I'm sitting at home with no where to go with perfect hair. Makes me wish I could turn it in for points towards good hair on special occasion days.

Shepherdess
November 27th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Yeah, I think everyone goes through days like that. Especially with all of the weather changes. My hair was looking so limp, and sticking together today, that I decided to clarify it with baking soda and ACV. I'm really happy that I did it because now my hair is free of the oils and is soft and has more volume (well, somewhat frizzy, but I actually missed my frizzies, which always happen when I don't let my hair curl). I don't think my hair does well with oils this time of year. whenever I am having good hair days, I tend to not wash it at all until it finally needs it, which could be up to a week. But yeah, the days sure can be unpredictable.

WaitingSoLong
November 28th, 2012, 08:56 AM
CurlyCap I like your points system idea! lol

Bambi
November 30th, 2012, 02:24 AM
I braid my hair and tries to forget about it....ehehehee

cldunzie0215
December 18th, 2012, 04:46 PM
omgosh..if you think that's terrible with straight/wavy hair..imagine havign curly hair.it's different EVERY SINGLE TIME.