PDA

View Full Version : My long hair journey!

bna_rapunzel
November 24th, 2012, 12:18 PM
So good to be back! I used to be an avid user on this board but fell away when I got pregnant. I'm back!!! And I have lots of progress/news!
I started on the lhc at waist and didn't really have a goal... I just knew I wanted it long and classic looked pretty nice.
Between my hair always being up, having spit up/pee/whatever else my angel decides belongs in my hair (he's 11 weeks now), I toyed with the idea of cutting it. Keep in mind, I chopped it to a pixie November 13, 2007 and have only been doing micro trims since then.
I wore it down the other night and someone said "whoa... Your hair is almost under your butt!" I was like "say whaaaat? My what is where now?!" I'm almost at classic and I refuse to cut it!!! I thought I was at a stall but neglect from taking care of my bubs made me look away while my hair grew!
I am a cone user... No cones make my hair miserable :-(
I cwc... And I wash.. Eh... 2-4 times a week.
My tangle teezer is my best friend!!! Up until this point I've been able to brush while wet but now I have to wait. (I know that's a no no but sometimes when my bubs needs me, I need to brush a little to be able to pull it up). I also use my bbb when I have time. Love that thing. It feels so good!
I religiously use coconut oil, jojoba oil, and sweet almond oil.
I breast feed so I've been using breast milk (experimenting with it) on various things. (Google it, it's like m own super power magic milk!) on my scalp. I have a mild case of adult cradle cap and it drives me nuts. So far my favorite treatment is breast milk and eggs, with a touch of honey. It doesn't make it go away but it helps. I put this treatment on after I've saturated my scalp in coconut oil. Ill figure something out one day...
I've been toying with the idea of henna maybe in a streak of two underneath my hair to give my braids a nice "pop" but my hair is blonde and you don't see many long haired blondes.
I just wanted to share what ive been up to. Very excited to be back, share advice and take advice. Missed you all!

Peace and love!!

lapushka
November 24th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I thought I was at a stall but neglect from taking care of my bubs made me look away while my hair grew!

Benign neglect is definitely the way to go! :D Great for reaching your goal! Happy to have you back!

jacqueline101
November 24th, 2012, 03:24 PM
I'm happy you've reached your goal. I like benign neglect too its great.

neko_kawaii
November 24th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Isn't it nice to look away from your hair for a while only to look back and discover it has grown!

bna_rapunzel
November 24th, 2012, 10:46 PM
I think I just figured out my cradle cap solution!!! Cwc with cones on my length and no cones conditioner on my scalp!!!! Ahhh!!!! My scalp feels so good. Is this it? Can it be true?! Lol

JamieLeigh
November 25th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Congrats on the surprise growth! :D That's the best kind!!