PDA

View Full Version : Question for Cassia users

annielauri
August 23rd, 2008, 11:19 AM
How often do you do it? Weekly? Monthly?

Can a person do it too often?

Can a person leave it on too long? I have only left it for 1/2 hr. but would like to try a little longer if it would help.

Do you wear gloves when applying and rinsing off? I know you have to with Henna, but since this is suppose to be neutral I haven't. My nails are starting to get a yellowish tinge to them though. It does wear off in a few days, but I suppose I should just wear gloves.

wendyg
August 23rd, 2008, 11:29 AM
>Can a person do it too often?>

No idea, but why would you want to? I'm probably giving it up now, but I've used it for about the last two years - once a month or so, depending how often I've washed my hair.

>Can a person leave it on too long? I have only left it for 1/2 hr. but would like to try a little longer if it would help.>

No idea. I've generally left it on about an hour.

>Do you wear gloves when applying and rinsing off? I know you have to with Henna, but since this is suppose to be neutral I haven't. My nails are starting to get a yellowish tinge to them though. It does wear off in a few days, but I suppose I should just wear gloves.>

I wear aquarium gloves that go up at least to the elbows. I find it too easy to get the cassia under my fingernails, and that's a nuisance to scrub.

wg

maja04
August 23rd, 2008, 03:22 PM
[quote=wendyg;241588]>Can a person do it too often?>

No idea, but why would you want to? I'm probably giving it up now, but I've used it for about the last two years - once a month or so, depending how often I've washed my hair.

Why are you giving it up? Has it harmed your hair? (I just started using Cassia in my hair, that's why i'm wondering).

wendyg
August 23rd, 2008, 03:46 PM
Tedium. I started using cassia because the length was very thin and rather damaged (from a combination of London water and cones). The bottom 4-6 inches is still like that, but there's enough normal thickness length now that the extra thickness cassia seems to give it seems less helpful, and I am fundamentally lazy and impatient and prefer to fuss as little as possible. I liked my hair perfectly well without doing anything to it pre-London. Dealing with a water filter seems sufficient effort.

Plus, I came to the end of a package, so it seemed like a good time to let it trail off and see what I thought. Last one was beginning of July. So far, I have no desire to go back to it.

wg

FrannyG
August 23rd, 2008, 03:56 PM
How often do you do it? Monthly

Can a person do it too often? I think weekly would be overkill, if only because it does take until the next wash for the hair to "normalize".

Can a person leave it on too long? I've left it on for as little as 20 minute and as long as two hours. I think if one were using it to add a blonde shade to white hair, longer would be better. Personally, I don't think there is a "too long"

Do you wear gloves when applying and rinsing off? No, I don't use gloves at all. I keep my nails very short, and I have not noticed any residue that doesn't clear away after less than a day.

I love cassia, but I do admit that the rinse-out process is a bit of a pain. :) However, the increased strength, shine and fullness makes it worth it.

Jeni
August 23rd, 2008, 07:35 PM
How often do you do it? Weekly? Monthly? I do it ~once a month

Can a person do it too often? I think you can do anything too often that being said I have done it once a week for a month and my hair was fine. Maybe if you did it once a day for months your hair may start to object.

Can a person leave it on too long? I have only left it for 1/2 hr. but would like to try a little longer if it would help. I have left it one for as little as 2 hours and as long as 5. If you want some color leave it on longer.

Do you wear gloves when applying and rinsing off?I make my mother apply it for me (I tried once and it did not go well). She does wear gloves but that is because I have started to add a little henna to my mix.

julya
August 24th, 2008, 02:11 AM
I'm not on a set schedule, but I think once per month sounds about right. I think that I would go crazy from all the rinsing if I used it more often. I don't use gloves, and I've never noticed any staining on my hands or nails. I've left cassia on overnight a couple of times and it didn't cause any problems. It did tint my hair a more golden shade though.

maja04
August 31st, 2008, 03:18 AM
I've already asked this but don't think I got an answer so I ask again (hope that's ok): Has anyone experienced hairloss after using Cassia?

I noticed an increase in hairloss after using Cassia the third time. I then think there was a drop in the shedding after a couple of weeks and now I did a 4th Cassia treatment a week ago and I'm losing so much hair that it scares me.

I'm on vacation now, but as soon as I get home I'm going to go to the doctor to see if she can help me, but I wanted to know if maybe others had experienced the same thing.

Jeni
September 1st, 2008, 02:47 PM
I shed more then normal during the rinsing process but not I have not noticed an increase in daily shedding, though I don't really remember what my shedding was like before cassia. Either way i am not shedding enough to feel their is a problem.

jojo
September 1st, 2008, 03:29 PM
I use cassia once a month and I dont use gloves. I rinse with loads of conditioner and then apply a huge dollop of baby lotion to my hands and hair line this gets rid of all the yellow.

I hate the washing out though, twigs gallore but the results are well worth it!