PDA

View Full Version : Crea Clip - hair cutting for everyone!

DancingQueen
November 23rd, 2012, 08:36 AM
Hi guys, I am so glad LHC is back - I really missed you guys :)

If you dont want to read the entire message, just see the videolink at the bottom, and tell me what you think. :)

So, in those horrible months where I was unable to even read the LHC, I made a discovery, and I just had to share it with you.
It is called the CreaClip, and ironically, I have not seen it anywhere on the forums. It allows you to cut your hair into multiple new styles, or just trim it. As soon as I saw it, I just had to buy it. I only used it on my face-framing layers so far, but it worked great. And if I can use it without looking like a 5-yearold who gave herself a haircut, then everyone can! :D

I think this is a great invention, and it will save both time, money, tears and length on the hairdressers. Maybe I can finally get long hair, without paying a hairdresser to cut off more than I want. Just a warning though: once you start cutting, you get a strange urge to just keep cutting more... It could be very dangerous. :scissors:

Anyway, what do you guys think? Is this great or what? Let me know what you think. Please excuse the long message, the overly exited tone and the excessive use of smileys... But I just missed you guys soo much, that I just can't help it. :)

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKTnmfbk8nU&list=PLmRsuTsQe12wvEnQo9TV2EXMvSOVYpWVg&index=11&feature=plpp_video

lapushka
November 23rd, 2012, 08:49 AM
The Crea Clip has been talked about many times already. :) I'm glad it worked for you!

dulce
November 23rd, 2012, 11:32 AM
I have one and use it to cut my one length hair in a u hem. It saves time and money and I don't miss having to go to a salon.

PraiseCheeses
November 23rd, 2012, 11:38 AM
This forum was actually what made me buy the CreaClip! (Well, the generic version.) Yes, it works really, really well and I'm glad I have it. There is less adjusting than with Feye's Method, and cutting is easier because the hair is thinned out and you're not sawing through a ponytail with the scissors. I haven't really tried anything more adventurous than trimming the hemline though, so I can't speak for layers or shorter, more shaped cuts. Sure beats paying $20 or more to have someone else trim.

DancingQueen
November 23rd, 2012, 11:43 AM
Oh, sorry, I couldnīt find anything about it on the boards though :o But it sure is a great thing!

Allychan
November 23rd, 2012, 10:11 PM
Yep, I've got one too and love it. I no longer have to rely on the kids to trim (hack) my hair for me, hubby used to cut too much off. Now I just do my own microtrim each month with it!

Mesmerise
November 23rd, 2012, 10:31 PM
My question is... how easy is it to cut your own hair with it?? I mean, I saw the video for it ages and ages ago, and was tempted, but I wondered how easy it would be to put in my own hair (at the back) and cut it all by my little self without any help from anyone else (I can see how it'd be great to use on my DD's hair though... )

DancingQueen
November 23rd, 2012, 11:49 PM
My question is... how easy is it to cut your own hair with it?? I mean, I saw the video for it ages and ages ago, and was tempted, but I wondered how easy it would be to put in my own hair (at the back) and cut it all by my little self without any help from anyone else (I can see how it'd be great to use on my DD's hair though... )

Hmm, as I mentioned, I didn't try it on the length yet, but I am due for a haircut soon. I think I will ask for help first time I cut my length though - but there are videos where girls do it themselves. :)

ladyleelu
November 23rd, 2012, 11:59 PM
My face right now: O________O

That would certainly be cool to have around but it would be so tough cutting curly hair! Maybe one would straighten it first? Any experiences?

Such a cool idea.. though it was painful seeing how much they cut off for some of the girls. Waaaah :(

UltraBella
November 24th, 2012, 02:08 AM
I think the Crea clip is fine for trimming but I would caution those using it to achieve layers. Several people have asked me if they could get layers like I have by using it. The answer is a very large no. The Crea clip can not create blended, expertly done layers & they are best left to a skilled professional in my opinion.

CurlyCap
November 24th, 2012, 02:13 AM
My face right now: O________O

That would certainly be cool to have around but it would be so tough cutting curly hair! Maybe one would straighten it first? Any experiences?

Such a cool idea.. though it was painful seeing how much they cut off for some of the girls. Waaaah :(

This is my concern, too. I'd love to be able to easily take ~1" off my own hair, but I just don't see how the creaclip would work on curly hair without straightening it first. Even wet,my hair boings out of combs and such.

kaydana
November 24th, 2012, 03:05 AM
I think the Crea clip is fine for trimming but I would caution those using it to achieve layers. Several people have asked me if they could get layers like I have by using it. The answer is a very large no. The Crea clip can not create blended, expertly done layers & they are best left to a skilled professional in my opinion.

You may not be able to achieve layers like yours with it, but that doesn't mean that nice looking layers can't be achieved. Hairstylists always insist that layers should only be done by a professional, and I'm sure there's a good reason for that, but in the real world it's next to impossible to find a hairdresser who will let you grow your hair while maintaining layers. Many people cut their own layers and are happy with the results. My layers don't look hugely different now from when I had them done professionally, but the difference in my length is huge.

MaryO
November 24th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Looks like a cool product! Had a bit of a laugh about the corny music and super fake smiles!:grin: I just know that I would go wayyy overboard though...

UltraBella
November 24th, 2012, 08:58 AM
There are plenty of long hair friendly stylists out in the world, they really do exist :)

I'm INCREDIBLY picky about layers, so my opinion of "nice" looking layers may be very different than the average person. I have seen decent layers on women who did them themselves, but they were using a much better technique than the Crea Clip would give. I cringe every time I see them creating layers on the infomercial - I think they look awful.

My hairdresser got me all the way to TBL with seriously awesome layers, I own two salons and have 8 years experience but there's no way I could have given myself those same layers.

kaydana
November 24th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I don't doubt that long hair friendly stylists exist, but that doesn't make them easy to find. Unless you can travel huge distances to one that has been recommended (or are lucky enough to live in just the right place) are lucky enough to have a large number of long haired friends who actually visit salons, or personally know a number of hair stylists, then finding a long hair friendly stylist means taking a huge chance with your hair.

PraiseCheeses
November 24th, 2012, 10:54 AM

I agree. I watched some of the layering videos and I would NEVER use the CreaClip to make layers. It *might* give a good starting point, but unless you have the skill to shape and blend what you get, you're probably headed to the salon at some point anyway. :lol: I'm all for do-it-yourself, but there are definitely things worth paying a professional to do - layers certainly being in that category.

It's great for trims. I'm happy to see fresh discussion about it. :)

lapushka
November 24th, 2012, 03:11 PM
The way the crea clip layers is about the same way as the 2 known ponytail methods (on top of head, on forehead), so nothing new there. Both methods were fine for me, but I'm a wavy and layering doesn't have to be very pristine or precise in my case; it depends on the texture of your hair, I guess.

jacqueline101
November 24th, 2012, 03:19 PM
I'd like to have one. I'm always afraid of ruining my hair with it.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 7th, 2013, 10:36 PM
To those who use a Crea Clip on yourselves - do you do the blunt trim (cutting horizontally across) or the 45 degree angle trim? Which do you like best and why, please?

Also, do you have the clip so that its curve is like a U or what I call upside down, like an inverted U? And does it create a u shaped hemline or a blunt straight across one? Questions, questions, I know...

PraiseCheeses
May 7th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Sarahlabyrinth, I've used my knockoff CreaClips a few times now, and I find it works best to use Feye's method combined with the bangs clip (the shorter, straighter one). I comb both sides of my hair in front of me while looking down a bit, slide the clip over my hair, slide it down, and trim across. Then I finish by making a low ponytail in the back of my head and trimming off just the tip, like Feye's Method to go from a V to a U. I get a nice deep U by doing this.

I had good luck doing a Feye-style trim with the curved clip in front of me, held as an upside-down U. Looking straight ahead gave me a nice gentle U.

When I tried using the curved clip on myself from the back (held like a U with the curve down), my hair would slip out as I brought it forwards. (Your hair might be thick enough to stay put.) You're best enlisting the help of a friend if you trim behind you - they can check levelness and watch for slippage. The curved clip creates a very, very slight U - it's very nearly blunt, especially if the sides get pulled towards the center at all. If blunt is what you're going for, it seems this would be the best way to do it.

I've also considered using the curved clip from the back at 45-degree angles to cut each side of my hair - this might make a slightly rounded V, but I haven't tried it yet and I'm not sure if I trust DBF enough with more advanced techniques. :p

Hope this helps a little bit! :flower:

Sarahlabyrinth
May 8th, 2013, 01:07 AM
Thanks, Praisecheeses. I actually want to do a straight across blunt cut, no "U"s of any description. Well, a barely there "U" might be ok - so would I have the clip in an upside down U or a right side up U for that?

ETA - Sorry - I see you do mention the right-side- up - U creates an almost blunt cut, so I will probably go for that.

Can anyone else tell us of their experiences with the clip?

Angelica
May 8th, 2013, 11:05 AM
I bought a fringe trimmer (or whatever it was called from Claire's Accessories) and managed to give myself the best trim ever. The hair was so even afterwards! I even cut my son's fringe with it. It is similar to this Crea Clip.

KahRistAhn
May 8th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Welp....here's another thing I'm pretty sure I have to have. :l

alyaziaaah
May 8th, 2013, 06:18 PM
i think its a great solution! especially if you dont have a trusted hairdresser and trim a lot.
i think i am going to get one as well but how could they trim that muuuuuch off in that video clip! i felt pain when i saw all that beautiful hair cut off, like a year's growth! how horrible! shudder::run::couch:

Angelica
May 9th, 2013, 10:53 AM
i think its a great solution! especially if you dont have a trusted hairdresser and trim a lot.
i think i am going to get one as well but how could they trim that muuuuuch off in that video clip! i felt pain when i saw all that beautiful hair cut off, like a year's growth! how horrible! shudder::run::couch:

Oh I saw agree with you! That was too much hair being cut off in some of the video clips and sometimes the hair looked better prior to the cut. It takes so long to grow and in seconds it is gone! Shame :(