PDA

View Full Version : Two years at LHC! :)) and some non hair related question :)

Zhennni(:
November 22nd, 2012, 04:49 PM
First of all, Happy thanksgiving everyone!!
I haven't been around in a while , but I realized it has been almost two years since I first discovered this forum! I learned so much about hair and how to take care of it, and my hair had grown from BSL to almost TBL !:D So thankyou everyone xD

the pic of my hair now is in my siggy:)

and I need help from you guys...determining my skin tone. I am tan and have a really "yellow" undertone, more yellow than the average Asian o.o According to some websites the yellow undertone means that I have a warm undertone; however I think I look better in silver jewelry and my veins are blue . I am confused D: Also, I am a henna user so my hair has some reddish tone to it right now, I plan to use a vegetable based dye to dye my hair blue black, will the dye cover the henna or would the red still peak through? :o I plan to use speical effect blue velvet.

heres a picture of me and my friend, you can obviously see that I am "yellower"LOL
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/68264_436988056349291_1092407030_n.jpg

I dont know why my hair looks blue black in the above pic, but this is what it looks like in real life
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/487845_400091486705615_258559604_n.jpg

Zhennni(:
November 22nd, 2012, 04:50 PM
omg the first pic is huge, sorry guys!

sfgirl
November 22nd, 2012, 09:01 PM
You might just be neutral- which is great! My sister is neutral; she inherited my mom's golden olive skin, but she looks great in silver and pastels like baby blue, as well as gold and warm colors such as orange. You and your friend are gorgeous by the way. :)

Zhennni(:
November 22nd, 2012, 09:33 PM
You might just be neutral- which is great! My sister is neutral; she inherited my mom's golden olive skin, but she looks great in silver and pastels like baby blue, as well as gold and warm colors such as orange. You and your friend are gorgeous by the way. :)

Thankyou for the complement, but I dont think I am neutral--Doesnt neutrals look good in most colors? my skin is quite picky with colors D: I know I don't look good in bold colors, I usually go for more muted colors

RedheadMistress
November 22nd, 2012, 10:05 PM
- Idk skintone wise, I'm not good at telling skintone/what colours work but obviously blue black suits you ?
From the first pic where it looks gorgeously blueblack !

I had bright red hair and covered it with veggie based dyes, like directions, crazy colours, special effects . A mix .

And it worked, and Special effects is imo one of the beest veggie dyes out there, so I think it'll definitely cover it without reddish tinges .
If you're worried, dye stray hairs, from a comb/brush/save it up, if you don't want to do a strandtest .
But I think it'll definitely work .

Pretty hair btw, so jealous of straight haired people . -.- heh

Zhennni(:
November 22nd, 2012, 10:57 PM
- Idk skintone wise, I'm not good at telling skintone/what colours work but obviously blue black suits you ?
From the first pic where it looks gorgeously blueblack !

I had bright red hair and covered it with veggie based dyes, like directions, crazy colours, special effects . A mix .

And it worked, and Special effects is imo one of the beest veggie dyes out there, so I think it'll definitely cover it without reddish tinges .
If you're worried, dye stray hairs, from a comb/brush/save it up, if you don't want to do a strandtest .
But I think it'll definitely work .

Pretty hair btw, so jealous of straight haired people . -.- heh

haha thankyou, how often do I have to touch up the color? :) And lol my hair is actually 1b/c, I had my hair straightened in that picture xD I wish I had naturally straight hair though!

JamieLeigh
November 24th, 2012, 01:14 AM
I have no advice, but I'd like to say Happy Hairiversary!! :flower:

KittyBird
November 24th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Happy hairiversary! Afraid I can't help with the skin tone question, but I must say that your hair is gorgeous!

Lostsoule77
November 24th, 2012, 02:14 AM
I'm horrible at skin tone questions also. Just wanted to say happy anniversary! :-)

jacqueline101
November 24th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Your hair look great.

lapushka
November 24th, 2012, 05:03 PM
I'm no expert on skin tones, but I'd say you're slightly tan, warm-toned. Amazing hair growth! Keep it up! :D

tambalina
November 24th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Gorgeous hair!! Fello Asian here!! :hifive: I understand what you mean by being a warm-neutral. I also have a yellow-based skin tone, but I feel like I look better in silver jewelry and I wear mostly jewel-tone colors (red, deep teal, purple, bright pink, etc.) I imagine that you would look fabulous in those colors as well. Pastels wash me out, though, and I end up looking sallow. If you want to rock blue-black hair, I say go for it! My cousins dye their hair Superman-blue all the time and they are much tanner than I am. You would look fabulous no matter what you do.

piffyanne
November 25th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I have no advice, but I'd like to say Happy Hairiversary!! :flower:
Do you think Hairniversary is going to catch on? X]

I'll tell DBF he did good.

kurlywurlygurl
November 25th, 2012, 03:27 PM
You have absolutely beautiful hair!! I wish I had hair like yours!! Mine is curly :(
Good job, keep up the good work!! I need to learn to be patient myself lol

Zhennni(:
November 25th, 2012, 08:27 PM
thankyou everyone for your kind comments! :) happy growing xD <3