PDA

View Full Version : Introducing mt own hair!!! lol

Jeleebaby
November 22nd, 2012, 09:00 AM
I have been posting here my daughters hair, which is honestly much nicer than mine. I've kept mine in a choppy bob just on top of my shoulder for years, but this year, mainly due to having zero money spare, I've neglected the salon and just let my hair grow. It hadn't occurred to me that it's getting to a decent length, probably because I compare everything to little ones hair! Anyway, here is my hair as it is today, planning on going for waist length.
This is the length achieved from just sitting on my shoulders, last trim was around this time last year.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/jeleebaby/6FF22292-2AF6-4E39-9F0E-E4EB0F902327-3613-000001FDE995E40D.jpg

Libbylou
November 22nd, 2012, 09:36 AM
Cost is one of the reasons I have been growing my hair also. You have wonderful growth and very pretty hair.
Isn't longer hair great. Much more variety than shorter hair.

torrilin
November 22nd, 2012, 05:51 PM
You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. If you take a bit of effort with pretty updos, I'm sure your hair will look nice. I've found it's very worthwhile to measure your thickness to make it easier to work out which updos might work. I happen to have a fairly average thickness and a really long torso, so I don't need super long hair for most updos. My sister's hair is about twice as thick, so a lot of things that work for me very easily take tons more length for her. Having thick hair isn't always an advantage.

ladonna
November 22nd, 2012, 11:21 PM
I compare my hair to my children's all the time too. They both have very beautiful healthy hair. DD8 tailbone penthouse straight hair and dd4 has curly waist length hair. Last night my dh told me my hair getting long, finally!

MaryO
November 22nd, 2012, 11:49 PM
That's some good length! I am actually growing out because I dislike hairdressers so much but saving some money in the process is a bonus.
Congrats and good luck for the rest of it! ;-)

Jeleebaby
November 23rd, 2012, 02:09 AM
Ah thanks ladies. I'm going to have to start practicing putting my own hair up. I'm pretty good on the little one, but its a different matter on your own head!!