PDA

View Full Version : First year of growth from shortie cut (pics)

verylittlecarro
November 22nd, 2012, 04:14 AM
A year on from the pitiful butchered bob that helped me realise I'm far better off with longer hair. So I've sworn off heat tools, switched to sulphate and cone free, and am letting my hair do its own thing a little more. Turns out I'm a wavy. And a few henna glosses are making me so happy that my hair is shiny an happy again.

November 2011:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/verylittlecarro/Growth%20progress/IMG_0602.jpg
and November 2012:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/verylittlecarro/Growth%20progress/DSCF2542.jpg
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/verylittlecarro/Growth%20progress/DSCF2532smaller.jpg

Much happier now!

T.J
November 22nd, 2012, 06:06 AM
Wow O: Thats amazing growth, and your hair looks so nice! Major hair envy :p

white.chocolate
November 22nd, 2012, 06:16 AM
Very pretty hair! That's some progress! I love your waves!!

verylittlecarro
November 22nd, 2012, 06:22 AM
Thank you! The waves came as a big surprise, but I'm quite happy about them. They are quite spirally so I am hoping they will end up as loose curls as they lengthen. And I wish I'd discovered henna years ago. It's lovely to see my hair growing out undamaged and shiny, albeit much darker than I remembered, as I've been colouring it for years. I'm much more 'me' with longer hair.

spidermom
November 22nd, 2012, 07:30 AM
Your hair looks luminous. Beautiful.

verylittlecarro
November 22nd, 2012, 07:32 AM
Spidermom! That is the nicest compliment my hair has ever received, thank you so much, you are too kind!

SerinaDaith
November 22nd, 2012, 07:46 AM
My hairaversary will be in May, I to had a bob. I can only hope to have as much healthy growth as you did! Keep up the great work!

Dandelion6
November 22nd, 2012, 08:11 AM
Your hair looks very pretty and shiny!

wishywashy
November 22nd, 2012, 08:21 AM
Nice!! Love the color and the waves! Great job :D

millyaulait
November 22nd, 2012, 08:47 AM
Wow, you hair is SO beautiful! :)

Indigostreams
November 22nd, 2012, 09:32 AM
Thanks for sharing your pics, you have inspired me with hope that I might reach SL within a year too. Your hair is such a pretty color. :)

oktobergoud
November 22nd, 2012, 09:34 AM
Woaaah very pretty!! I love the waves and the colour, is that your natural colour? :thud:

verylittlecarro
November 22nd, 2012, 10:05 AM
Ummm, not completely my natural colour Oktobergoud... I'm a natural redhead with quite a few white hairs who's been using salon dye for years to brighten up my own colour, and now I'm growing that dye out and using some henna instead! My hair is several shades lighter at the front than at the back which is fun to discover. I'm going easy with the henna, I just do glosses and have only used up one 100g pack since July as I don't want to go too dark. I loooove henna. :-)

RubyTuesday
November 22nd, 2012, 10:13 AM
You must be so happy. Your hair looks MUCH better. Your waves are lovely and so is the colour. Green with envy.

lapushka
November 22nd, 2012, 10:17 AM
That's quite a difference. I love your wavy hair, it looks amazing! :D

melusine963
November 22nd, 2012, 10:20 AM
That's amazing progress! I love your colour, too.

Colourful
November 22nd, 2012, 11:16 AM
What a nice growth and your hair looks really pretty :)

moon2dove
November 22nd, 2012, 11:38 AM
Your hair looks lovely and the colour is pretty too!

verylittlecarro
November 22nd, 2012, 11:53 AM
Thank you all for your lovely comments, I knew LHC was the place to come for a bit of gratuitous compliment-fishing! I was out yesterday with some very glamorous ladies, many of which had long blonde curls, and I felt a little dopey in comparison with my failed attempt at headband curls on shoulder-length hair. (Although a couple of pals admitted they had extensions)
I am very impatient to regain my long hair. I'm living with the uneven layers you can see from the first pic until my hair is a little longer and they aren't great to live with, but I can't face a trim yet. I am happy to be past the shoulder stage though.

Golden
November 22nd, 2012, 11:53 AM
Nice! I think our haircolor/hairstructure is very similar!
It's like looking at my own head! :D I think I found my hairtwin :magic:

verylittlecarro
November 22nd, 2012, 12:08 PM
Thanks Golden - that really is a lovely compliment! I think I've quite a way to go before my hair could compare to yours, but I'm grateful for the inspiration!

Jessibear2854
November 22nd, 2012, 12:21 PM
Ummm, not completely my natural colour Oktobergoud... I'm a natural redhead with quite a few white hairs who's been using salon dye for years to brighten up my own colour, and now I'm growing that dye out and using some henna instead! My hair is several shades lighter at the front than at the back which is fun to discover. I'm going easy with the henna, I just do glosses and have only used up one 100g pack since July as I don't want to go too dark. I loooove henna. :-)

How do you do your glosses? I can't seem to manage to keep the henna from getting super bright, so I'm growing mine out. If I could get the color you've got, I would be so happy! Your hair is lovely :)

verylittlecarro
November 22nd, 2012, 12:33 PM
For my glosses I have my batch of made up henna paste stored in the freezer and I break off a chunk that weighs 1.5 - 2 oz and mix it with plenty of cheap supermarket conditioner and apply with a condiment bottle! I have about 4 inches of hennaed-but-not-salon-dyed root growth which is darker than the lengths you can see in the pictures so there is a definite demarcation line, but because of the henna the colour shade is the same, IYSWIM? These photos don't show that growout very well.

However I am of the fervent belief that one can never be red enough so if it weren't for the obvious root growth I would probably go brighter. As it is my virgin roots are not bad at all using the concentration I currently use.

MaryO
November 23rd, 2012, 10:37 AM
Wow wow wow!! I love everything about your hair! So lovely!:crush:

dwell_in_safety
November 23rd, 2012, 02:53 PM
I love that color! Your hair is gorgeous and will look even better grown out longer. It's obvious you take good care of it. :)

JamieLeigh
November 24th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Beautiful hair and great growth! Congrats on a year! :flower:

jacqueline101
November 24th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Its lovely.

Indigostreams
November 24th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Verylittlecarro, did you have any trims within that year?

neko_kawaii
November 24th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Ooooooh! Pretty waves! And the color *sigh*

verylittlecarro
November 25th, 2012, 03:06 AM
Indigostreams; I haven't taken much length off in the year. I had a cut early in the year by a hairdresser to try to even out the layers, and I ^may^ have had a go or three myself with a pair of scissors. I like layers, but these layers are not good at all, chunky, assymetric and very disconnected. The hemline is uneven too. I'd love to get it all evened up but I have a crisis of faith with hairdressers.

Indigostreams
November 25th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Cool. Well I can't wait to reach shoulder! Congrats to you!

Yozhik
November 25th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Simply gorgeous! Happy anniversary. :flowers:

Lostsoule77
November 25th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Beautiful! I love your color and your waves. :D

Shepherdess
November 25th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Your hair grew so fast and it is very beautiful! ! ! :)

Tota
November 25th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Congrats! Very pretty and I love love love the colour.

jojo
November 28th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Gorgeous hair, colour and texture......:toast:

Louise148
November 29th, 2012, 03:06 AM
WOW!! That some serious growth. I'm growing out a pixie which was cut to about 2" in March. The sides have now reached a bit below my ears so I am hoping to be a about chin length by March which will be my 12 month mark. But I could only dream of the amount of growth you have had. You have beautiful hair.

bte
November 29th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Indigostreams; I haven't taken much length off in the year. I had a cut early in the year by a hairdresser to try to even out the layers, and I ^may^ have had a go or three myself with a pair of scissors. I like layers, but these layers are not good at all, chunky, assymetric and very disconnected. The hemline is uneven too. I'd love to get it all evened up but I have a crisis of faith with hairdressers.
Those waves have a great advantage. Apart from looking great (which they do!), they can hide a tremendous amount of unevenness, so I don't think you need to risk a hairdresser for a long time yet.