PDA

View Full Version : I really want to wash my hair...

Neon Gloss
March 17th, 2008, 04:42 PM
...and I just washed it yesterday.

I used to wash it daily, but I've really cut down (as of November!), so it doesn't get greasy as quickly anymore. Ever since I came across this site (hehe), I keep feeling a constant NEED to wash my hair! The withdrawals are crazy. :ponder:

ITT: Discuss your unhealthy obsession with your hair (or your retired obsession).

As a side note, I think that I'll just wash it... getting olive oil out has never been fun for me. :p

Kirin
March 17th, 2008, 05:19 PM
LOL! I can so relate. I've tried since coming here not washing, but always go back to my daily wash routine. My hair is just so happy being clean and fresh.

Mahars
March 17th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Me too! Especially since I get all these ideas on different ways to wash from this site, and I don't want to wait before trying them out.

I even started a thread asking for advice because I can't stop washing. I got some really great advice from fellow LHCrs if you guys are interested. I don't remember what the thread was called, but it was about a week and a half ago.

I'm down to washing every other day, with every other wash being a CO wash. Progress!

Ohio Sky
March 17th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Everyone has their reasons for not washing as often. If none of them apply to you or none of them bother you, and your hair is happy when its washed every day, then wash every day. That may just be what works best for your hair.

Mahars
March 17th, 2008, 05:36 PM
That's true, but for some reason I wash even though it seems to dry out my hair more. Washing makes my scalp happy, but not my ends. :(

Jaime
March 17th, 2008, 05:41 PM
One thing you might consider is to alternate water-only(WO) or conditoner only (CO) washes in between your shampoos. WO combined with a good scalp massage can work wonders!

8) Jim

yogachic
March 17th, 2008, 05:46 PM
One thing you might consider is to alternate water-only(WO) or conditoner only (CO) washes in between your shampoos. WO combined with a good scalp massage can work wonders!

8) Jim

The longest I can go with out a wash is 3-4 days max. I have tried, co in-between shampooing, I just cant do it. I need my shampoo. :taz:

tiny_teesha
March 17th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I've gone 2 weeks no shampoo. But i have been useing tea rinses. My hair feels gunky, so i think one day soon i will either try a proper tea wash (shikaikai amla instead of neem which really doesn't clean the hair anyways) Or i will succumb to shampoo. The sebum has already traveled to my sholders, ive done a few COs but it didn't clean it well coz i didnt do it properly.

terriej
March 17th, 2008, 06:00 PM
I wash my hair pretty much every day. Sometimes I only use conditioner, sometimes I only use shampoo, sometimes I use both!

Here's a random thing--when I only use shampoo, my hair is shinier--when I only use conditioner, my hair is wavier.

doodlesmart
March 17th, 2008, 06:08 PM
As I got longer (currently just past waist), washing became less and less exciting. The 4+ hour dry time is a real downer.

Celebrian
March 17th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Aside from the 'hours of drying' factor, I can't stand my hair when it's freshly washed. I don't feel 'at home' with my hair until about 48 hours later - from which it may be deduced that I am not a daily washer!

I prefer the feel and smell of my hair when it's had time to brew some sebum, perfume, and well, just life! Also, my hair often looks it's best on the 3rd/4th day post shampoo. And I enjoy washing it so much more when I feel it really needs it... ;)

AlleyKitten
March 17th, 2008, 07:15 PM
I don't really look forward to washing my hair anymore, because it's a lot of work and I'm lazy! I tend to do CO, which involves lots of scrubbing and even more rinsing, and because my conditioner makes my back and shoulders break out (?! my hair loves it! it doesn't do this to my scalp!) I do that whole part bent over forward with my head upside down. This is a literal pain in the neck! Add in how bloody long it takes my hair to dry and what a pain it is in the meantime, and I really don't get excited about washing it. I do love the smell of my conditioner, which you can only really smell on my hair when it's wet (if I've rinsed the vinegar out enough that you can't smell that), but it's not really enough to make up for it.

If you're trying to cut down on how much you wash, you could try diluting your shampoo -- same feeling of washing, same bubbles, but less shampoo and less drying effect. But to a certain extent, if you want to wash your hair less you just have to get used to washing it less. I guess that's not really helpful...sorry.

busnutmedic
June 14th, 2008, 08:18 PM
I think it's just whatever seems to be your obsession at the moment. I used to love to wash my hair but now I don't think all that much about my hair so I don't really look forward to washing (or drying it) anymore. I"m getting all excited about massaging it regularly as part of a new routine, though :)

There are other things in my life now that are just like hair used to be to me :P Thankfully hair keeps growing even if you don't think about it all of the time :D

Bonnie

lady G
June 16th, 2008, 01:57 AM
I can't go longer than 24 hours without washing my hair I don't mind that, I love the feeling of clean hair and so far washing and conditioning it daily haven't damaged it. I think do whatever feels right for your hair, if it feels greasy and you feel unhappy with it that way then why not wash it daily and if its dry then stretch out the washes to suit your hair type.

Riot Crrl
June 16th, 2008, 02:04 AM
My hair gets dry and weird if I go more than 48 or sometimes 24 hours without putting water and conditioner on it. I don't know why, it just does.