PDA

View Full Version : Logging in

cobden 28
November 21st, 2012, 03:49 PM
Not sure where is the right place to post this comment, so could the site moderators please move to wherever they see fit.

Basically I have a bit of a grumble about the forum in that if I'm trying to type a long post, when i press the 'send' button to actually post my comment the forum asks me to log in again. A few minutes ago I'd just typed out a long comment on a posting on the forum but had to log in AGAIN after sending my comment - only for the comment to be lost in its entirity!

This seems to happen on a regular basis and to be honest I'm finding it annoying:soapbox::mad:. Is it just me, my computer, or the forum that's at fault here? Any comments or advice will be welcome.

Gumball
November 21st, 2012, 05:02 PM
When signing in do you select the "Remember Me" box? If you don't, the forum software will periodically log you out.

The "Remember Me" box enables our forum to put a tracking cookie on your web browser that serves as an indicator that you are still logged in. If the forum checks for it and doesn't find it likely it will sign you out.

PraiseCheeses
November 21st, 2012, 06:52 PM
As a bit of insurance, you can also type out a long post in Word or a similar program and copy the text into the comment box when you're ready. That way if your post vanishes into the ether, you haven't lost any of your thoughts. :)