PDA

View Full Version : Did a mini trim on little one and made her sit for a photo!

Jeleebaby
November 21st, 2012, 02:01 PM
Just showing off little ones hair, did a tiny trim just to level off some ends that were getting tatty. She loves this picture because her hair is now resting on the floor when she sits down.Got asked in ToysRus what type of straighteners I used on her hair.....almost punched the girl, lol. http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/jeleebaby/B9FFBB8C-F71C-4B89-AC23-0F4EF3B6D1D0-3786-000002C0007544A5.jpg

shutterpillar
November 21st, 2012, 02:33 PM
Her hair looks beautiful. :)

People use straighteners on their children??? I had no idea.

Mischamiu
November 21st, 2012, 02:35 PM
Thars looks amazing! I hope I can have that lenght someday :blossom:

Jeleebaby
November 21st, 2012, 02:40 PM
Her hair looks beautiful. :)

People use straighteners on their children??? I had no idea.

Thank you....and I know! Straighteners on children...urgh. I was really suprised when she said it.

millyaulait
November 21st, 2012, 03:31 PM
Wow, such beautiful hair! :)

Lostsoule77
November 21st, 2012, 03:47 PM
She has gorgeous hair! How lucky for her to have a mom who knows how to properly take care of it and help her enjoy it. :-D

cobden 28
November 21st, 2012, 03:51 PM
Your daughter has such long, lovely and STRAIGHT hair. Long may she continue to keep it this way!

Quahatundightu
November 21st, 2012, 09:13 PM
Wow she has princess hair!!! The kind of hair I wanted when I was her age (and now, still, hehe) so pretty!!!

MORE
November 22nd, 2012, 11:11 PM
I agree, she's a princess! Very beautiful hair!

vanillabones
November 22nd, 2012, 11:29 PM
Your little one has hair that reminds me of mine color/texture. It's great inspiration to me :) I'd love to grow my hair this long.

MaryO
November 22nd, 2012, 11:46 PM
Oh my, what lovely hair! :applause

Strange that people think it's ok to flat iron little girls hair?

~honeyflower~
November 22nd, 2012, 11:52 PM
Oh! She has my inspiration. Is it ok if I ask, what length is it? Classic, maybe knee? I want my hair just like her's but I cant tell. Thank you!:)

Jeleebaby
November 23rd, 2012, 02:07 AM
Oh! She has my inspiration. Is it ok if I ask, what length is it? Classic, maybe knee? I want my hair just like her's but I cant tell. Thank you!:)

Its just hit classic, its not obvious until you stand her straight and press it down, but it's there. She was over the moon to get there, now her goal is Rapunzel!!!

~honeyflower~
November 23rd, 2012, 10:16 AM
Aw! That is so cute, I hope she meets her goal.:o Also, thank you for telling me her length, now I finally know what my goal is!

melusine963
November 23rd, 2012, 10:28 AM
Wow, your daughter has the kind of hair we all aspire to!

TheLadyKM
November 23rd, 2012, 10:46 AM
Indeed, her hair looks gorgeous!
A little fairy!

eros
November 23rd, 2012, 10:57 AM
Wow, how do you get her hair so healthy?? It looks so pretty.

Jeleebaby
November 23rd, 2012, 11:07 AM
Wow, how do you get her hair so healthy?? It looks so pretty.

I suppose it's healthy because we never heat treat it, never use elastics with metal bits, rarely put it in ponytails, its braided almost all the time. Always brush carefully starting at the bottom so the tangles don't get dragged through it. I trim just the ends when it gets out of shape or starts sticking together. I only shampoo the scalp area and let the suds wash down the lengths. It's easy to do the right things with her hair now that she's young, I'm dreading the teenage years and the urge to dye, perm, etc!

eros
November 23rd, 2012, 11:11 AM
I suppose it's healthy because we never heat treat it, never use elastics with metal bits, rarely put it in ponytails, its braided almost all the time. Always brush carefully starting at the bottom so the tangles don't get dragged through it. I trim just the ends when it gets out of shape or starts sticking together. I only shampoo the scalp area and let the suds wash down the lengths. It's easy to do the right things with her hair now that she's young, I'm dreading the teenage years and the urge to dye, perm, etc!

Ahh,ok, thanks! :) Does you use oils/conditioner on her? Which shampoo does she use?
Hmm don't worry about the teenage years, she has great hair as it is.:D

Colourful
November 23rd, 2012, 12:52 PM
Gorgeous hair!!!!!!!!

CurlyCurves
November 23rd, 2012, 05:36 PM
Her hair is gorgeous!

maborosi
November 24th, 2012, 09:39 PM
She's got gorgeous hair! :D

And yeah...the straightener comment...erm...I get that one a lot, not as much now that my hair's not down.

~maborosi~

AineMuirne
November 24th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Your daughter is my hair twin! :D

ETA: I just showed the picture to my boyfriend and he thought I was showing him a picture of me when I was little. Bahaha

Jeleebaby
November 25th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Ahh,ok, thanks! :) Does you use oils/conditioner on her? Which shampoo does she use?
Hmm don't worry about the teenage years, she has great hair as it is.:D

No oils as yet, any cone free conditioner we can get at a reasonable price. I use whatever shampoo I'm using but diluted right down. I would stop the shampoo and go exclusively C/O but she swims a lot and the chlorine in her hair scares me!! lol.

Your daughter is my hair twin! :D

ETA: I just showed the picture to my boyfriend and he thought I was showing him a picture of me when I was little. Bahaha

Thats so funny.:D

AineMuirne
November 25th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Put coconut oil in her hair before she swims! Just a light layer. It will make your life so much easier when you're washing out the chlorine because it prevents it from penetrating the hair shaft. Conditioner works, too, but coconut oil stays in the hair better.

jacqueline101
November 25th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Her hair is amazing.

Billycourty
November 25th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Your daughter's hair is beautiful and reminds me of my eldest's hair at the same age. Like you I try and do as much as possible to keep both my girls hair long and stunning, but my now 12 year old (the one that has the same hair as your girl) hates plaits with a passion and insists on pony tails and pig tails! EEK! Her hair is hip lenght at the moment, so she is in the period of change, I just tell her that she can cut her hair if she wants, but she might regret it.

My daughter and I have the same lenght hair and she loves to "race" me to new hair lenghts, so that keeps her from cutting it! But I will not ever tell her to keep her hair long if she wants to cut, because that is something that you have to experience yourself, and then decide what hair lenght you prefer.

She knows both her daddy and I prefer long, but ultimatly, its her choice.

Both my girls have their daddy's thick stranded, fast growing hair, so for them they can choose to pixie and be back to waist in a year. My seven year old hates her long hair with a passion, she hates brushing it, or me to brush it. She loves the BBB but it can't cut through her thickness, so its often hair murder when I brush her hair.

So I know the work that goes into such beautiful locks!

noelgirl
November 25th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Her hair is stunning! The straightener comment seems odd, but when I was a toddler, someone once asked my mom if she permed my hair (it was the '80's, so perms were pretty commonplace, but still pretty odd to think that a small child would have one!).

Maelyssa
November 25th, 2012, 03:38 PM
So long and healthy! Good for you and her!

einna
November 25th, 2012, 04:01 PM
So pretty (and cute) :D

kurlywurlygurl
November 25th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Gorgeous:happydance:!! I miss my hair. Gosh, I probably would have punched her too:patrol:! Just because toddlers and tiara's exists doesn't mean we all abuse our children's hair. sigh*

lapushka
November 25th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Gorgeous hair! :D Reminds me of my hair when it was last classic length (as a very young teen). When I was able to sit on it, it got annoying for me and I had it cut extremely short (page boy style) because of it. Too bad, but I guess I'm growing it out again now. :D

minxe
November 25th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Her hair is absolutely gorgeous.

Jeleebaby
November 26th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Put coconut oil in her hair before she swims! Just a light layer. It will make your life so much easier when you're washing out the chlorine because it prevents it from penetrating the hair shaft. Conditioner works, too, but coconut oil stays in the hair better.

Thanks, I'll give that a go

Her hair is stunning! The straightener comment seems odd, but when I was a toddler, someone once asked my mom if she permed my hair (it was the '80's, so perms were pretty commonplace, but still pretty odd to think that a small child would have one!).

Lot's of people near where we live like that, make up for school at 10/11 years old, straighteneing, a girl in my 12 year old sons class has hers bleached!

Gorgeous:happydance:!! I miss my hair. Gosh, I probably would have punched her too:patrol:! Just because toddlers and tiara's exists doesn't mean we all abuse our children's hair. sigh*

She loves Toddlers and Tiaras, but she sits there moaning at all the back combing. So funny

lunardaydreamer
November 26th, 2012, 01:38 PM
So precious :) your daughter has beautiful hair! That's pretty funny about being asked what kind of straighteners you use on her, haha. People. Pfft.