PDA

View Full Version : What should I buy? Hair toys?

Jeleebaby
November 21st, 2012, 01:46 PM
Hi all, so with christmas well and truly hurtling towards us I am looking for some stocking fillers for the little one. I'm after something to put her hair up with, something thats looks nice and will stand up to a full day of school for an 8 year old. Her hair is almost classic length. Any suggestions would be great, thanks .

Vanilla
November 21st, 2012, 02:55 PM
I would say spin pins would make a nice stocking stuffer. I don't know how thick her hair is, but I can get away with one and I'm BSL.

melusine963
November 21st, 2012, 03:21 PM
I second the spin pins, or maybe some colourful scrunchies? Or a nice hair stick?

Jeleebaby
November 21st, 2012, 03:21 PM
Thank you Vanilla and melusine

sisi33
November 21st, 2012, 03:29 PM
I would say spin pins would make a nice stocking stuffer. I don't know how thick her hair is, but I can get away with one and I'm BSL.

I third this. Also, you can't just take into account your little one- you have to think of the other children that she'l be around, as well. Like, will they end-up pulling out any hair do-dad that you give her and break it/tease her/use it as a weapon against others? So, I, personally, would go with a lot of little somethings (barrettes, little elastics in different colors from the dollar store) that she wouldn't be upset if something happened to them, but are still pretty enough for a 8 year old. Oh, a little paranda in her favorite color?

Alexblue
November 21st, 2012, 04:52 PM
I gave my niece a bun maker which she still wears after many years. It's perfect for keeping her waist length hair up while dancing.

...but also I agree with sisi33, lots of little barrettes and such in different colours are perfect as stocking stuffers.

dulce
November 21st, 2012, 06:30 PM
I really recommend mini flexi 8 clips,sold at the regular flexi website and check out the unique special of the month limited edition flexi clips found only at Lilla rose website.

Jeleebaby
November 25th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Thanks ladies. After your advice I hit ebay and got spin spins, sequined barrette, crystal set barrettes and scrunchies. Hair shopping on ebay is so dangerous!! lol