PDA

View Full Version : going for a big cut

hufflepug
November 21st, 2012, 11:17 AM
I'm so fed up with my hair. I really wanted to grow it long but it's shedding SO badly no matter what I do, and the weight of it gives me headaches even though it's only a bit past shoulder length. I have an appointment for Dec. 10th to get a pixie cut. It was a tough decision but I'm really excited about it now. I had one a couple years ago, and I loved how light my head felt. The only downside is I'll have to straighten my hair because it's too curly otherwise.

oktobergoud
November 21st, 2012, 11:32 AM
That's quite a decision! But pixies are definitely fun :D Be sure to post some pictures afterwards! :)

dulce
November 21st, 2012, 11:46 AM
What about getting a few inches off? and getting lots of layers,layers will make it much less heavy.

Quahatundightu
November 21st, 2012, 09:22 PM
Enjoy your cut :) Pixies are really cute! I'm sorry your hair ended up being annoying - but hey, hair grows, if you decide you want it long again you can always grow it out again! I hope you will stick around even if you don't plan to grow long again.

sfgirl
November 21st, 2012, 10:40 PM
Maybe try cutting your hair off in stages... When I first joined here I wanted a pixie too, but some lovely ladies explained to me on this board how awful they are to grow out. Than I went in and it turned out I only needed a few inches cut off.

jojo
November 22nd, 2012, 01:51 AM
Are you sure its your hair causing headaches? Hair is not really heavy it weighs very little really.How are you wearing your hair?
Think it through before making any rash discussions. Good luck with whatever you choose.

hufflepug
November 22nd, 2012, 02:41 AM
Are you sure its your hair causing headaches? Hair is not really heavy it weighs very little really.How are you wearing your hair?
Think it through before making any rash discussions. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Yeah it's my hair. I have a really sensitive scalp, and if I wear my hair up, whether it's a pony tail or a bun or braid, the weight of my hair pulls at it and it starts aching within a couple hours. And if I wear it down it's constantly in my face.
I've had/grown out a pixie in the past, so it's not really rash and I know what I'm getting myself into :)

spidermom
November 22nd, 2012, 07:32 AM
Enjoy that pixie. If I lived in a place where I could go snorkeling often, that's what I would do.

embee
November 22nd, 2012, 08:00 AM
Yes, enjoy the pixie. I've had such a cut and it was horrible on me. :(

I used to get headaches from wearing my hair up, but it was in the follicles and the skin of my scalp - I needed to get used to it and now I never get them any more. :)

wishywashy
November 22nd, 2012, 08:24 AM
A pixie cute feels great, you don't realise how much hair can weigh on your head until you get a pixie. It feels so freeing. Have fun and enjoy the new look!

akilina
November 22nd, 2012, 10:29 AM
I say just enjoy it! :) I Just chopped off 4 or 5 inches and I am really enjoying it a lot.