PDA

View Full Version : A belated anniversary - 2 years regrowing, 2 years at LHC!

Becky9679
November 21st, 2012, 08:57 AM
I missed the actual date while LHC was down but 4 November marked 2 years since I made the decision to become a true longhair again, just a day or two after a massive cut. In that time I have gained approximately 14 inches to my length, bringing me to just past hip. I haven't trimmed, microtrimmed or even done an S&D because I haven't needed to, I have no splits and my hair is probably in the best condition that it ever has been.

I've never used heat or styling products and I never believed the lie that you have to trim regularly to gain length - I only gained length in the past when I gave up trimming altogether - and I also knew that you must detangle from the ends of your hair upwards to cause the least damage. However, there were many things I still had to learn about when I first joined LHC later that November and here are some of them:

2 step henndigo for black hair (converted March 2011, no chemical dye used since)
Conditioner only washing (converted May 2011, no shampoo has touched my head since)
Apple cider vinegar
Coconut oil
Aloe vera gel
Tangle teezers
Hair sticks
Ficcares
Lots of different braids, buns and other updos
Biotin and spirulina (I know their effects are debateable but they really do seem to work for me)

Many thanks to all the helpful friendly people I have met here, I look forward to many more years of healthy growing with you!

melusine963
November 21st, 2012, 09:22 AM
Congratulations! Your hair looks amazing in your signature.

Rhodugune
November 21st, 2012, 09:34 AM
Congratulations! :flowers:

It makes me glad that you have had such great 2 hairgrowing years, your hair looks so healthy and beautiful, but with a thread like this I expect lots and lots of pics, so bring it on! :hollie:

Ocelan
November 22nd, 2012, 06:32 AM
Looking great! You're a great inspiration to us others who are trying to reach lengths we previously possessed. Keep it up and you'll go beyond that! :)

Lostsoule77
November 22nd, 2012, 07:28 AM
Congratulations on the anniversary and the healthy growth! I agree with Rhodugune though, we want pictures! :-)

Becky9679
December 1st, 2012, 12:29 AM
Thank you for all your nice comments! I still don't have access to my albums so I don't have a great many pictures to show you, but here's all the progress pictures I've taken, starting in May 2011 (unfortunately I don't have any from right after I cut it).

I started wearing the dress partway through for easier comparison with my photo from when it was longer previously, the one in my sigpic. Also, I'd passed BSL by that point so I didn't need a visual marker for that anymore :p
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/75358436/1)%20May%202011%20to%20April%202012.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/75358436/2)%20May%202012%20to%20April%202013%20(small%20pic s%20147x196)a.jpg
And here's a larger version of my most recent length picture. As well as gaining length you can see how much the condition has improved over time!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/75358436/9)%20November%202012.jpg

Ambystoma
December 1st, 2012, 07:59 PM
Wow that's some impressive growth - it look so thick and healthy too!

Yozhik
December 1st, 2012, 09:17 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary, Becky!

Your hair looks great and you've made incredible progress in this time. I also love that dress -- what a beautiful wine-red color! :crush:

I also am a big fan of ficcares and tangle teezers. :D

neko_kawaii
December 1st, 2012, 09:25 PM
What a great set of progress pictures! Your hair is just lovely, and I am another fan of the wine red dress, it provides a beautiful contrast.

jacqueline101
December 2nd, 2012, 08:08 AM
Your hair is amazing.

Avital88
December 2nd, 2012, 08:22 AM
thats some serious growth! congratulations, your hair looks amazing and i love the Raven black!

Lissandria
December 2nd, 2012, 12:36 PM
Awesome growth and beautiful hair! I love the black :)

JamieLeigh
December 2nd, 2012, 10:11 PM
Your hair is lovely! Happy belated hairiversary! :flower:

jojo
December 4th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Great progress, your hair is very enviable

Becky9679
December 4th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Thank you all very much!

morrigan*
December 4th, 2012, 06:14 AM
That's some amazing growth.
Do you think it's possible that hair grows faster with co washing? I noticed that last year when i was co washing for two or three months, i started again last month, will see if that is true.

Becky9679
December 6th, 2012, 12:00 AM
I'm honestly not sure whether CO helps with growth, my growth rate has kept pretty average over the past couple of years and didn't noticeably change when I switched to CO. But then again, everyone is different, for some people it might do just that!

morrigan*
December 6th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Or maybe is just that it doesn't dry out ends, so they are in better condition, and you don't need to trim because of that.

einna
December 7th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Wow, your hair looks great. Impressive growth!

MrsGuther
December 7th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Happy 2 year hairniversary! Your hair looks great! :)

lapushka
December 7th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Very nice growth! Congratulations! :D :thumbsup:

metricfuture
December 10th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Wow, you're getting really close to your goal (and it looks great, of course)! I've gotta say, I love these longer term updates, they're great inspiration for those of us who joined later/started shorter. Thanks!

Falcore
December 11th, 2012, 07:06 AM
I love the progress pics. Your hair is getting so long, and it's just so beautiful, Becky. I wish I was as wise as you and had never used heat in my hair.

Happy (belated) Hair Anniversary!

Becky9679
December 11th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Thank you all once again!

I love the progress pics. Your hair is getting so long, and it's just so beautiful, Becky. I wish I was as wise as you and had never used heat in my hair.

Happy (belated) Hair Anniversary!

Ha, I the no heat thing was less down to wisdom and more just that I couldn't be bothered, it always seemed like more trouble to blowdry or heat style my hair than just leave it as nature intended ;)

Falcore
December 12th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Haha, well I wish I never bothered then! I curse my straightener for the damage I'm still cutting out.

You're so close to where your hair was in your wedding pic. :D