PDA

View Full Version : This crown braid

W2
November 21st, 2012, 01:41 AM
I've gotten that good at doing it, that it's become my new go-to-do, whenever I want to do something besides buns or braids.

And the best part: it only takes me between 5 and 10 minutes. I know that, because the other day, my mother came to dinner and 10 minutes before, I still hadn't done my own hair.

sisi33
November 21st, 2012, 08:53 AM
Oo, that's a nice looking crown braid! I don't know why I bought I couldn't do them for the longest time- they're just Dutch braids that follow your hairline (at least in me)

Congrats on your extra-nimble fingers, and cooperating hair!

W2
November 21st, 2012, 12:12 PM
I don't do it dutch ... french braid but only gathering from the outer side.

I still have a bit more practising before I can do the dutch crown. Not that my french looks bad!

sisi33
November 21st, 2012, 05:51 PM
Ahhhh- that's why it looks so nice to me! I can't do French all the way around my head- it just seems to be easier to braid "down" rather than "up". Then again, I'm one of those people that could regular Dutch before French braiding! I'll have to try it "your" way tomorrow, and see how it goes. The more I look at your siggy, the more I like the way it looks! :D

SerinaDaith
November 21st, 2012, 05:55 PM
I can hardlywait to have long enough hair to really crown braid, soon I hope.

bettylibertine
November 21st, 2012, 07:47 PM
Lovely! :D
I'm not too good at the crown braid - must keep practicing!

Juanita
November 22nd, 2012, 05:45 AM
That's the way I do my crown braid too. Isn't that's what's called a lace braid though only taking hair from one side.

embee
November 22nd, 2012, 08:04 AM
Oooh! Beautiful, and I envy you that skill. I can only (occasionally) do a wrapped braid "fake crown". But my hair is thinning (age and thyroid) and it doesn't look so good any more. :(

wishywashy
November 22nd, 2012, 08:28 AM
Oh I love crown braids. I used to do the cheating crown braid...just braid some pigtails and pin them around your head :):) But I was just a kid who could NOT figure out the french braid (still learning).

Question for you ladies, how long does your hair need to be to do a proper crown braid and is it easier to learn dutch braid before french braid, which is more of a challenge? I really want to be able to do crown braids next summer, as my hair should be almost waist by then

HumanBean
November 22nd, 2012, 08:39 AM
You can do a crown braid - lace - at BSL. Ar least, I could

sisi33
November 22nd, 2012, 09:24 AM
Oh I love crown braids. I used to do the cheating crown braid...just braid some pigtails and pin them around your head :):) But I was just a kid who could NOT figure out the french braid (still learning).

Question for you ladies, how long does your hair need to be to do a proper crown braid and is it easier to learn dutch braid before french braid, which is more of a challenge? I really want to be able to do crown braids next summer, as my hair should be almost waist by then

I would think that you would be able to do it at around APL, but I wouldn't know. I'm solidly at Waist right now (Hip, why are you so far away???!), and I have a really long braid tail left after going around. I then pin that under the braid that is attached to my head (take big braid piece, pull slightly up, place little braid under/next to big braid, and pin in place).

When I crown braid (correct me if I'm doing this wrong, people!) I'm taking the top strand and braiding it down, and then adding a chunk -or piece, depending on mood- to the bottom strand that was previously at the top. And the work my way around. This is the only way that I could keep track of all those strands changing hand when I first started.

Amber_Maiden
November 22nd, 2012, 09:31 AM
Gorgeous!!! I nee dot try doing a crown braid with my mum's help next weekend.