PDA

View Full Version : You know you've missed us! Get it out of your system. :D

CurlyCap
November 20th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Hiya lovely hair-obsessed people! I've missed chatting with you all! :grouphug:

So, am I the only one who's had a burning desire to share a completely pointless hair adventure with LHC? Have you been wailing screams of frustration when thwarted the by the reality of the forum being down? It's okay. Don' fret anymore. Magical people brought the forum back!

So.....post your "OMG, I needed to tell you guys" stories here.

Get it out of your system.

We know what it's like. :cool:

We missed you, too.

(And just for the record, this new autosaving function is AMAZING.)

Edited to add:
A HUGE thank you to all of the people who are working hard to bring back LHC. My guess it's a lot of work for little or no financial reward. So thank you for taking all the effort on our behalves. It is very much appreciated.

Amarante
November 20th, 2012, 10:40 PM
I have been anxiously awaiting the return of LHC as well! I feel left in the dark because I haven't been able to see what everyone's been up to. Soo happy it is up and running!

Rivanariko
November 20th, 2012, 10:52 PM
I was so excited to see it back up!! I've been trying to experiment with oils and have had no guidance in the process! It was truly terrifying, which might suggest an unhealthy relationship with these forums, lol!

Another HUGE thanks to the people who put in all of the work on the server upgrade. You guys are beyond awesome!

PrincessBob
November 20th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Yay! So good to be back together, even if home looks a little strange. (Why hello there, in line advertisements. Where did you come from). A huge note of support and thanks from me to Stephanie and crew.

Ocelan
November 21st, 2012, 12:16 AM
Me! My life has been so hectic outside the interwebs that I've desperately needed a little safe haven for myself and now I'm happy to have it back. :)

PixieKitten
November 21st, 2012, 04:31 AM
MEEEEEEEE!! I've been at my wits end while the forums's been down! A HUMONGOUS thank you to everybody working on it! This is such a huge forum with so much data, it must be incredibly difficult to get it all back and running!
I've just been so happy with my hair recently. Before my big chop, I was growing out from another big chop and straightening it every few days because I though my curls were awful. Before THAT big chop, I straightened it every day because high school people were MEAN. Before then when it was long I had no idea how to manage it and it was frizzy and poofy and PLEH looking. Now that it's finally not looking like im growing out a short cut and is actually starting to look long(not by people here's standards, but still) and it's looked after now and free to curl however it wants, dare I say it looks more fabulous than it ever has before and GAAAAAH I really love it! =D

Allychan
November 21st, 2012, 04:52 AM
Finally!!!!!
Now just anxiously waiting for the photo albums to come back online. No doubt when they do that server is going to EXPLODE!!!:happydance:

millyaulait
November 21st, 2012, 06:57 AM
It's so lovely to have LHC back! :crush:

MasCat
November 21st, 2012, 07:00 AM
I'ts wonderful to have you all back!

And thanks to all the people who are working on this all.

It's good to be back :)

PinkyCat
November 21st, 2012, 07:01 AM
I'm so happy happy happy!
Happy happy happy!
Happy happy happy!
Happy happy happy!
Happy happy happy!

And on a completely random and unrelated note - I'M HAPPY!

LaFlor
November 21st, 2012, 07:45 AM
Yes, huge thanks for getting the site back up! I've missed my LHC and have been ridiculously bored and bummed that I have no one to share hair related stuff with!

I'll add my hair note... I got my hair trimmed and layered while the site was down. I'm super happy with that... BUT I also cut some aweful bangs out of boredom and I have to wait for them to grow out now :(. The 2 week rule is much harder to follow without all the hair inspiration here. Other than that I've been ignoring my hair, I guess I revert into benign neglect without LHC.

spirals
November 21st, 2012, 08:34 AM
I really missed it here, and then was doubly disappointed when TBB went down. But I got a lot done! :lol:

sisi33
November 21st, 2012, 08:48 AM
Ooooh, Ive missed all of you! No one else understands why I'm so proud of havin put my Jair up for over a month: for instance, "Isnt having your hair up like that all the time bad for it?" Why no, dear sister, it is not BAD for it.

HUGE hugs to everyone!

Loreley
November 21st, 2012, 09:56 AM
I missed LHC so much!!!

Actually, I have to confess that because of the lack of inspiration I seriously considered cutting my hair shorter. I'm still not sure how much I will trim, though.

joflakes
November 21st, 2012, 10:13 AM
Glad to be back! =)

HintOfMint
November 21st, 2012, 10:18 AM
Good lord, have I missed this site! From reaching TBL, to finally coming back to my holygrail product, going back to cones, finding out that not all protein is bad, enjoying my bangs, and asking how my awkward self can flirt, there was so much to ask/tell!

To be fair, it was nice at The Beauty Bottle as a nice internet home away from home and some of y'all were there!

DreadfulWoman
November 21st, 2012, 10:29 AM
Holy crap, yes. I missed you guys so much! I kept sitting down at my computer when I got home and not knowing what to do with myself. I kept googling hair stuff to try and get my fix, but then I'd just get a bunch of LHC results and click them, and then... "unable to find". :( So good to finally be back.

As far as what I've been up to in the meantime: I'm totally off my microtrimming regimen, so the bad news is that the ends of my hair are way stringier than I'd like, but the good news is that I'm less than half an inch from hip length now. Woohoo! :D

Nightshade
November 21st, 2012, 10:34 AM
It's good to be home. I missed you guys :grouphug:

rach
November 21st, 2012, 12:25 PM
:joy: weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :) happy

Sarahlabyrinth
November 21st, 2012, 12:27 PM
Hi Hairy people! (That's what my husband calls you all, lol!) He'll say, "Are you talking to your hairy people again?"

I've missed you all so much and all the inspiration and motivation! I actually - shhh, don't tell anyone - DYED my hair... Photos will eventuate!

piratejenny
November 21st, 2012, 12:37 PM
I put a whole bunch of oil on my scalp (called it a deep oiling) and then realized I didn't remember what was supposedly the best way to get it out again. I knew rhassoul (my usual washing method) wasn't cutting it, but was I supposed to shampoo or was CO said to be working much better or was it soap nuts??? Drove me crazy that I couldn't go online and check :)

Good to see you all back :)

I ended up with CO and it worked like a charm!

Vanilla
November 21st, 2012, 12:50 PM
So happy that the board is back up and running :)

~honeyflower~
November 21st, 2012, 12:51 PM
I'm so happy LHC is back on!
I can't even tell you how many times I tried logging on. I almost forgotten to say, wow! I love the updated website!

lapushka
November 21st, 2012, 01:01 PM
Yay! :cheer: It's great to be back. Thank you to all who have tried to get us back up and running, special thanks to Stephanie! :D

Nightshade
November 21st, 2012, 01:14 PM
Hi Hairy people! (That's what my husband calls you all, lol!) He'll say, "Are you talking to your hairy people again?"

DH can never get the name of the fourm right so he calls this "The Hair Club for Women" :lol:

sisi33
November 21st, 2012, 01:52 PM
I actually - shhh, don't tell anyone - DYED my hair... Photos will eventuate!

Boo! Hiss! :p

Shebelina
November 21st, 2012, 02:11 PM
Thank you sooo much everyone who worked so hard to get the forum back up. I've missed it so much! My wavy hair has started to form curls and I had nobody to tell!

Lostsoule77
November 21st, 2012, 03:46 PM
I am so glad the site is up again! I was checking just about daily. I really missed all of you. Seems strange, but it's oh so true.

Thank you so much to Stephanie and anyone else working so hard to get this back up!

As for me, I've pretty much fallen into benign neglect without the site.

ToriForte
November 21st, 2012, 04:07 PM
I've been wanting to grow my hair long for a couple months and registered here, only to have issues every time I tried to log in! So glad everything's up and running smoothly again so I can spend way too much time here. :)

Beckstar
November 21st, 2012, 04:12 PM
It's been lonely! But I can report that I haven't cut my hair even more since the board was down. I can now do a full fledged pony tail. 3" long but it is still a ponytail!

dwell_in_safety
November 21st, 2012, 04:44 PM
I'm so glad LHC is back up and running! Getting error message after error message for weeks was so frustrating! I've loved seeing people slowly realize that it's back up and sharing where they've been and what they've done. :)

cathair
November 21st, 2012, 05:09 PM
Had to buy hair scissors and without advice! That was pretty scary... hope they are alright. Sharp scissors are sharp scissors right? I gave the site up for dead day before yesterday. Glad to see site is back up, welcome back :D

see_turtle
November 21st, 2012, 07:29 PM
I am SO SO HAPPY it is back up! I was checking every day multiple times and sadly commenting to the hubs..."it's still down!" AND I had my wedding while it was down and afterwards I CHOPPED my almost waist hair! BOOOOOO! I'm trying to be ok with it but I keep seeing long hairs and being sad....my dinky little pony is no fun! and I can do a peacock twist again but it's also no fun....so I'll be here for awhile waiting for classic!

RavennaNight
November 21st, 2012, 07:33 PM
Yay! I am so happy to see the forum back and upgraded. I am excited to see how this evolves. Can't wait till the photos/albums are back and working!

The ubiquitous:

:yumm: :yumm: :yumm:

:happydance:

bettylibertine
November 21st, 2012, 07:39 PM
Hooray! So incredibly glad the site is back in business.
As others said, big thank you to those who worked incredibly hard to fix it!

Nothing much has changed over here hair-wise - but we've been having lovely summery weather and I've earned myself a tan from going out on walks everyday :D

Suguru
November 21st, 2012, 07:43 PM
It's funny, LHC being down actually coincided with my decision to take a break from the site to focus on studying for my exams! It was actually good for me, because every time I tried to cheat on my self-enforced LHC-fast, I wasn't able to do so. The internet powers that be clearly knew I have poor self-control! :D It's good to be back now, though procrastination is somehow never as satisfying when it's guilt-free!

HappyHair87
November 21st, 2012, 07:53 PM
OMG i missed y'all! I kept trying to log in and it would say the server was too busy and i was like...WHAT??!!

LOL!!!

But my hair is growing just fine and doing okay. I just miss the atmosphere here :-) Glad to be back!!!

eyesofsummer
November 21st, 2012, 08:42 PM
I've missed the LHC so much! I know I don't post very often, but I've been on this site nearly every day for over 4.5 years now. It's been such a constant in my life for so long; a kind, wonderful collection of voices who freely share their myriad musings, opinions, and infinite wisdom. You all have added volumes to my hair (pun intended...:)) knowledge and have shaped, for the better, how I think about all issues big and small!

Hugs for everyone--it's good to be back.

PraiseCheeses
November 21st, 2012, 09:25 PM
I filled the void by spending an inordinate amount of time GISing every imaginable hair length. :o Now that the site is back up, my time-wasting can be more focused! Yay! :happydance:

Hair excitements? I hit waist, I bought a bunch of stuff from Quecraft (and am awaiting my first acrylics from EaduardHairsticks), did a cassia treatment (made Princess Leia buns and Twi'lek head-tails with my gooped-up hair), and became completely dissatisfied with my products and routine, so I'm thrilled the site is back up. Let the research commence!

Quahatundightu
November 21st, 2012, 09:33 PM
Yep, I had severe withdrawal. Who else will listen to my constant refrain of "how much should I trim?" :P Glad to see you all back :D Thanks for the hard work that went into bringing LHC back online!

wandlimb
November 22nd, 2012, 05:32 AM
YAAAAAAAY! Missed my fix of hair stuff!

Juanita
November 22nd, 2012, 05:39 AM
Great to have the best forum up again. Missed you all. Special hi to tha salt and pepper threaders.
Thanks to Stephanie and all.

Katze
November 22nd, 2012, 06:16 AM
CurlyCap, you have the best thread ideas! :flower:

YES! Being pregnant and stuck in bed I needed LHC for distraction and entertainment, but it was down for me for at least two months. Sometimes I could view a forum or the fact that I had messages, but this was never more than a tease. Some people did seem to be able to get on, though?!?

The pics I wanted to share when everything went down (DD's first updo, my highlights back in summer) are outdated now, so I guess I will have to take some more for the day when we are able to post pics again here.

THANKS to those working hard to make LHC work!

Amorice
November 22nd, 2012, 06:27 AM
Hooray! I thought the downtime was purely on my end, like a cookies/cache issue or something. Glad to see LHC back!

Especially now, since I've been contemplating a *gasp* haircut. Not major, but my ends are starting to get that slightly crunchy, frazzled feeling they get when they start getting splitty*, but I think I'm going to have to loose about 2-3", and I JUST got past waist! UGH!

*probably due to my new job, not only making me way busier than normal and thus, not having the time to properly oil my ends & let it go a little greasy, but the office itself is super, super dry. I am SO GLAD LHC is back so I can hunt for good, quick up-dos, because I think I'm going to need to start oiling as a leave-in instead of a pre-wash treatment, and then hiding my oily locks in a bun.

gthlvrmx
November 22nd, 2012, 08:46 PM
Did i already post in this? Oh well! Curlycap i love your thread ideas :) and im so glad LHC is working, i having a hard time dealing with life....i mean as in, without LHC. :p so many thanks to those working on the site its so awesome to know people are working on it to help provide for everyone else!
i was luckily to get on LHC many times when it wasn't working :p but there were some things i coudn't do so oh well. i cant wait for everything to be good to go :) i have some hair questions that i need to look up and find answers to :p and some photos to get on with as well! :)

sfgirl
November 22nd, 2012, 08:52 PM
I decided to come back to LHC just when the site was down! I was going to give up on it. I'm so happy it came back. :)

long&blonde
November 22nd, 2012, 09:51 PM
So happy lhc is back!
There's no place like home... :)

WaitingSoLong
November 23rd, 2012, 07:52 AM
Ironically I had a much harder time with my hair while the site was down. The weather changed any my regular hair care routine wasn't working anymore so I am still trying to figure it out. I am very grateful for TBB and am very sad it is down now :( Without TLHC I was finding the urge to cut more and more tempting. I read a few books, but I do that anyway, and am in process of getting some medical issues resolved I have put off because I dislike going to doctors. I spent a little mroe time focused on other areas of my person besides my hair.

Honestly, I am very grateful for the friendships I made at TBB and miss our little group over there. I am anxiously checking there as much as I was here. Right now the website is redirecting here.

tarn
November 23rd, 2012, 07:56 AM
So good to have all this amazing hair info at my fingertips again. I'm recovering after a major cut, and needed the LHC!

DancingQueen
November 23rd, 2012, 08:14 AM
Wuhuu, LHC is back! I am not sure what exactly happened, but for months it have been saying the server was too busy 99,9% of the time. I have really missed someone who share this very strange obsession with hair. :D (Btw, love the new layout)

EdG
November 23rd, 2012, 08:56 AM
It's great to have LHC back! :happydance:

I think of LHC as the "hair world", in contrast to the real world which is often sadly lacking in hair. :-(

We seem to go just under five years between server crashes. Let's not break the new board too quickly. :shake:
Ed

ArienEllariel
November 23rd, 2012, 09:00 AM
I have missed you all SOOOO much. I felt like I was "off the grid" so to speak without LHC. I had no one to share my hair stuff with. :(

shutterpillar
November 23rd, 2012, 09:16 AM
I am very happy the site is back up and running. I'll admit - things changed while the site was down. I got a new shampoo and conditioner... I checked the ingredients first, and was happy with what I saw. But it was a LOT easier to buy the stuff when I didn't have the ability to come on here and make sure it wasn't the most horrible stuff on the planet. ;) It's like I took enough of the information from here to make a good decision, but I wasn't obsessing over it being 100% natural or SLS or sulfate free. And something amazing happened - my hair has never looked healthier or shinier since I started using this stuff. As soon as I stopped feeling guilty over the fact that it wasn't a standard LHC routine or product, I found some products and a routine that were perfect for me - not whatever is popular here - and I am very happy with it. My scalp feels healthy, my hair feels healthy - so yay! :cheese: I think I may write a blog post about it soon.

I also put the coconut oil away, with the exception of deep treatments before washes, and began using mineral oil with aloe and vitamin E.

I think the break from LHC was exactly what I needed to figure out what my own personal needs are as far as hair care goes. So now that it is back, and I read a thread where someone claims that not stretching washes or using X product is horrible for your hair, I need to not feel guilt about it and keep in mind that this routine works for me - different things work for different people because no one is the same.

:toast:

TheMechaGinger
November 23rd, 2012, 09:16 AM
I was really really ill while the forums were down and my hair started falling out in bunches! I was hysterical and had no one to ask how to stop it! Thankfully I'm on the road to recovery and so is my hair now, and LHC is back! So everything is just fabulous and I'm a happy camper :D

zombi
November 24th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Gosh I have tried to log in soooooooo many times! So nice to see it back. I got a trim a few days ago and wished I had this place around to talk about it!

legendya
November 24th, 2012, 02:04 AM
But of course! LHC is cool!

CurlyCap
November 24th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Peoples!

Has anyone figured out how to display member hair types on the side (I think it used to be automatic)? I'm so used to glancing left when I read a thread to see the hair type of the poster that I feel a little lost now!

CurlyCurves
November 24th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Missed you all lots, and especially you, CurlyCap!

I'm almost BSL now :)

And thank you to those of you bringing LHC back :)

P.S - WE HAS ALBUMS!

CurlyCurves
November 24th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Peoples!

Has anyone figured out how to display member hair types on the side (I think it used to be automatic)? I'm so used to glancing left when I read a thread to see the hair type of the poster that I feel a little lost now!

I would like to know this too.

Masara
November 24th, 2012, 07:07 AM
I didn't even think to measure my hair on 1st November and I've been doing the same boring buns every day for the last month and no LHC to inspire me!! I'm going to go and rad a few bun threads now!
It's so good to have LHC back!

Thanks for all the hard work

gillybeanxo3921
November 24th, 2012, 07:25 AM
I went to get my hair cut (after my friend fried it at my cheerleading competition) and they lied to me, trying to say that if I didn't get half an inch taken off every six weeks, my hair would fall out. I had a huge fight with them, and I don't remember everything, but I just know that everything she said to me was absolute BS. They told me flat ironing doesn't damage hair! Yah right.

Oh, and my friend's mom fried my hair after I asked her to give me an up do (referring to a bun, not a ponytail with fried curls..)

Ohh well. My hair is doing just fine at the moment. There will be no more flat ironing/curling for a LOOOONG time now that that's over.

WaitingSoLong
November 24th, 2012, 07:35 AM
P.S - WE HAS ALBUMS!

I don't :(

Vampyria
November 24th, 2012, 07:52 AM
I've found another hair forum in that time, but it just wasn't the same as LHC, and I didn't even post anything.

I think, I've also found a cure for my shedding in that time. :)
I started taking vitamin D supplement, because of the article I read in some scientific magazine about how long you actually have to be on the sun without protection, to get enough of it. Which is to long for my liking (I like pale skin, so I never sunbath or go on the sun without some kind of protection and I also have photodermatosis), plus there is not much sun here in this time anyway.

I wasn't thinking about my hair when I started taking it, but after a while, I started noticing, that I shed much less. It went from more than 100 to approximately 20 shed strands a day in around two months. :joy:

I have also tried black tea rinses for a couple of times, so this might be helping as well, but I'm not really sure.

jacqueline101
November 24th, 2012, 04:20 PM
When did it get back up. I've found so many post I've missed.

Maelyssa
November 24th, 2012, 05:00 PM
I'm so happy to finally see the LHC and it's lovely members again. It felt like such a long wait! I just had oral surgery and the timing was perfect. I was able to start poking around the site and it helped keep me distracted from the pain and discomfort. Good to see you again LHC!

teal
November 24th, 2012, 09:31 PM
While the site was down I would check every few days at different times and I'd always get that "server is too busy at the moment" message. I kept wanting to smack the computer, lol.

maborosi
November 24th, 2012, 09:35 PM
The only good thing about LHC not being up recently is that I've not been obsessing too much over my length...

But I'm okay anyway, since I have to wear my hair up all the time for work. I'm really glad LHC is back...I missed it so much.
The new forums are nice.

~maborosi~

MissAlida
November 25th, 2012, 03:14 AM
My shedding has stopped :cheese: After 4 year, and loosing half of my circumference, it has finally stopped. I can't believe it. It's the new shampoo I'm using. I barely get 10 to 20 shed hairs a day, and no more than 70 on wash days. I am so happy. I couldn't grow my hair past BSL, because the ends got so thin I needed to trim. But now, for the first time since finding LHC, I can hope to achieve my goal of waist length. I'm so happy LHC is back up, than you for the people who keep it running.:blossom:

Kyaatje
November 25th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Yippie LHC is back !!
Now getting used to the new forum ;-)
Can anybody tell me where to find the subscribed threads ?
Huggs

WaitingSoLong
November 25th, 2012, 08:33 PM
If you click settings at the very top of the screen, it will take you to a page that will have any subscribed threads with new posts. I think the "subscriptions" link is on the left at that point but will take you to ALL your subscribed threads, even ones with no new posts. HTH.

It is like trying to learn a MAC after having windows all your life LOL.

Amapola
November 25th, 2012, 09:18 PM
I'm so glad LHC is back! I really missed it. I met some really cool long-haired people while it was down. One lady I told to come here, but I don't think she was able to. Now that it's back, I'm going to email her and tell her to come join us! She has awesome hair!

Many, many thanks to the hard work of the tech people doing this. You do fantastic work!

SpeakingEZ
November 25th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Hi everyone!!!

I'm so glad the site's back up. Like someone above me said, though, it being down make me take the "put it up and forget it" approach for the past few months and I'm happy to say I've reached 34" after a big trim!! (Huge accomplishment for me.) I should be at 35" after a trim at my wedding in January.

Thanks to everyone who helped with the server change and thanks for emailing me back when I asked what was going on!

Louise148
November 26th, 2012, 05:05 AM
I'm ssssoooooo glad things seem to be up and running again. I have missed this site. :-)

Kyaatje
November 26th, 2012, 03:50 PM
If you click settings at the very top of the screen, it will take you to a page that will have any subscribed threads with new posts. I think the "subscriptions" link is on the left at that point but will take you to ALL your subscribed threads, even ones with no new posts. HTH.

LOL it is isn't it !

I found that if you click on CP on the home page it brings you to the subscriptions with new entries :-) Only discovered it a couple of minutes ago and by accident but there it lurked :p

PrairieRose
November 26th, 2012, 03:59 PM
A GREAT BIG THANK YOU to all who worked so hard getting LHC back!!!!

IndigoOptimist
November 26th, 2012, 05:39 PM
I'm glad LHC is back up, though I had stopped checking because it was annoying me that I could hardly ever get on!
I diffidently have APL hair now, although I'm not doing much with it, just putting it up in a bun as I've had no inspiration from here!

skyblue
November 27th, 2012, 05:13 AM
It took me a bit to figure out how to get back here, especially when the other site went down...beauty bottle...finally goggled where did TLHC go??? And low and behold!!! I found ya's again!!
And yes major withdraws going on!! So glad we are still hangin in!!
Thank you for all your hard work!!!

sibiryachka
November 27th, 2012, 12:30 PM
So here's my story I've been waiting months to share: For some reason all of a sudden my usual reliable Indian groceries have all run out of BAQ/pure henna all at the same time. I found ONE store in my area that had some in 100g packages, but it was Hesh brand which I worry about due to contamination concerns. Even so, I bought it because it was way past time to do my roots and I was desperate. Got it home, and noticed that the box was not sealed, just fastened with tape at the flap. Inside was an unlabeled zip bag. I weighed out the 50g I use for a root job, and noted that the remainder in the bag looked smaller. So I weighed that out too, and found that my "100g" package contained only 85g!!! I have a deep suspicion that at some point along the line, packages were opened and lightened. GRRRRRRRR It was only a $3 purchase, so I didn't see a point in going back to complain, but oooooh I am steamed. Now it's time for a touchup again (social event of the season is next Sunday) and I'm going to have to search much farther afield, or stretch that remaining 35g for an emergency job.

Lostsoule77
December 1st, 2012, 08:49 AM

It SO is! I find that I'm missing having the hair identifiers under our avatars. I know you can get it in the profile, but it was so much easier when it was just there.

KwaveT
December 1st, 2012, 09:09 AM
I had not been able to post for about three months until the other day. Every time I even get on then it would kick me off after moving a couple pages. I just stop checking so frequently. I am definitely glad the board is back up and running. My hair has definitely got longer since I last posted, profile updated.

LaurelSpring
December 1st, 2012, 09:37 AM
I totally missed LHC. I didnt realize how attached I am to it. I would just stare at that stupid message like it was going to magically change somehow. I am so very happy its back!!

As far as hair things during that time, I had just started mixing diluted baking soda with melty shampoo bar bits and getting awesome results. Good lather, no gunky feeling and all natural. I watched a few youtubes on cutting your own sideswept bangs with a razor and got one and did that and I liked it. Now Im kind of growing it out but want to keep a low cheek to chin fringe going on. I have been into a braid thing. Lots of different braids. I got some bunhead pins and loving me some low chignon type styles.

Oh and I crocheted a calorimetry!!! It turned out great and I LOVE IT! Now, I am making them for all the ladies for Christmas. I am about ready to go no trim for awhile (other than fringe and S&D).

Thats about all I can think of at the moment. So happy to be back!!! Hugs to all!!!:bunny:

PS-Why are ads showing up in my posts? Can I get rid of them?

Jeep Girl
December 1st, 2012, 11:11 AM
Yes, yes - I know... Long time lurker, seldom poster. But... I do visit often and felt alone and bereft of long-haired people and their vast treasure trove of knowledge. It was as if the web had a black hole that swallowed TLHC and all it encompassed. I had no where to go for info on hair toys, buns or Chagrin Valley. I was forced I tell you, FORCED, to send large amounts of $$$ to Ida at Chagrin Valley for all kinds of soap bars, shampoo bars, hair tea, facial tea, butters and balms to try as I had no where to go for valued opinions. :p (makeupalley doesn't cut it) I am really happy with the CV stuff - my hair is great and my face has never been clearer! I am so glad that THLC is back! :D

long&blonde
December 1st, 2012, 11:41 AM
Not sure where to post this, so choosing here. My only computer is my mobile phone. Since Lhc came back up, I've noticed I am unable to edit my profile, since on mobile phone web. Has this been addressed anywhere, that anyone has heard of? Thanks!

lazuliblue
December 1st, 2012, 12:50 PM
I was convinced the forum had gone forever :(But it hasn't!

And in that time I'm sure my hair must have grown :) My last cut was around the end of March and it's grown 5 inches SNCC then so I'm ahead of schedule. Really enjoying having hair to play with!