PDA

View Full Version : Keep the moisture out during HOT showers

Anisaa
November 20th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Winter is approaching and I love to take HOT showers daily, it is a guilty pleasure that I cannot give up. I wash my hair every four days abut take a shower everyday, when it is not the day to wash my hair I put a shower cap. The problem is that it does not lock the steams moisture out and makes my hair look greasy, therefore that means I have to wash my hair on a day to day basis.
Does anyone have a solution to lock the moisture out of your hair during HOT showers?
What shower cap do you recommend?
Any suggestions, advice, tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Natalia
November 20th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Hmmm no advice when i do skip a wash i just oil do a high bun and keep my head out of the water the steam acts like a deep treatment and i end up with super silky hair. Maybe get a drawstring satin bonnet to go under the cap? you can get it tighter than elastic.

HintOfMint
November 20th, 2012, 09:54 PM
That's strange that the steam would make your hair look greasy. Maybe a bit damp temporarily, but it should dry quickly. It's just water, after all. Maybe the grease is actually from sweating since you take such hot showers and since you're not rinsing your hair, the sweat and sebum just hangs out on your scalp. In that case, there's not much you can do, except not take hot showers or maybe use a boar bristle brush after your hair dries to distribute some of the oil and smooth it out.

CSallaround
November 21st, 2012, 12:51 AM
I take hot showers too. I don't wear a showercap when not washing my hair, I just put it up in a bun and avoid to wet it. Most often it gets a little wet by the hairline but it quickly dries up when I get out of the shower and I find that it actually helps my style my hair so it doesn't look like I just got out of bed.

DinaAG
November 21st, 2012, 09:04 AM
what about a swimming cap instead of shower cap?

Chromis
November 21st, 2012, 12:29 PM
I take hot showers too and I just use a big shower cap. I did have to order one off of E-Bay since I couldn't find a large enough one locally, but other places I've lived have had more selection. I don't have any trouble with my hair being too greasy from this at all and I often still need to oil my hair even! I do use a boar bristle brush on my scalp to smooth the hair so it looks neater in buns and other updos and this likely also distributes the oils too.