PDA

View Full Version : Hairstyles / updos for your ends??

RileyJane
November 20th, 2012, 06:42 PM
This is random, but i noticed that sometimes when i put my hair in a bun, my ends get kinked, not broken or split, but just bent until i take it down and gravity sorts it out. my question is this: is there a special way to put your hair up so that the ends dont get bent or in the way? i do wear my hair in a giant clip that covers my hair completely during the day but sleep in a bun at night, so it is problematic for me. any advice or tips would be helpful:o

melusine963
November 20th, 2012, 06:58 PM
I have yet to find a way. Unfortunately all my updos result in kinks, so the ends of my hair look permanently scraggly, even when they're in good condition. I'll be watching this thread to see if anyone has any suggestions.

Madora
November 20th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Because it IS in a bun your hair is going to have some sort of kink or wave. However, you can minimize the wave by how you create the bun. The less twists/turns in the bun, the less chance of waves.

If you want to protect the last 3 inches of your hair (which are the most fragile) then don't twist them atall and just clip them under the bun (assuming that you have a bun base that is full enough).

RileyJane
November 21st, 2012, 07:15 AM
Ahhh, that sounds like something ill try, thanks for the suggestion, Madora! I just hate when i see my poor ends all kinked :P