PDA

View Full Version : I dyed my hair! and it grew quite a bit :>

error
November 20th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I was a bit bored of the color, since down to bra strap length was virgin hair and the rest was black dye, so I felt like a bit of a change. My boyfriend took this shot so he missed all the ends lol http://i.imgur.com/L9qrJ.jpg

Shorty89
November 20th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Oh wow, your hair is gorgeous!

error
November 20th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Thank you! So is yours, I wish my hair was naturally wavy, I sleep on many braids to get that look lol.

HadessThera
November 20th, 2012, 04:12 PM
:agape:
Your hair is looking gorgeous

Wiggy Stardust
November 20th, 2012, 04:19 PM
I'm super jealous. That color looks like poo on me. :(

error
November 20th, 2012, 04:26 PM
weird enough the more purple the tone the more natural it looks on me! I wish my hair would give up and just grow out purple!

error
November 20th, 2012, 04:34 PM
ohhh double post

Bianca
November 20th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Looks great :D

Ocelan
November 21st, 2012, 12:24 AM
I'm one of those who like their own personal space and let others have theirs too, but that picture just made me want to reach out and touch! Your hair looks so smooth and OMG the color! Makes me want to go back to dyes after 11 months of no dye... :thud:

error
November 21st, 2012, 03:05 AM
LOL! thank you ... it is sad to say as tame as it is a SECOND after brushing it ... it coils and constricts everything ... my arms my face, i have even managed to swallow it while it was still attached to my head lol. this is probably the nicest my hair ever was for a photo. To color it I used Garnier Herbashine in burgundy to get that deep weird cherry coke color .... and with pride it says on the box ammonia free but LIES I can smells it! It burns us!

sisi33
November 21st, 2012, 09:09 AM
error- if I didn't already love you, those last two sentences would have made it happen! And your hair love gorgeous! And I, too, have accidentally swallowed my own hair whilst it was still attached to my head- icky!

joflakes
November 21st, 2012, 09:47 AM
Your hair is gorgeous!

Colourful
November 21st, 2012, 09:59 AM
The colour looks so good! Really pretty hair :)

PinkyCat
November 21st, 2012, 10:08 AM
Ooooh so pretties!

HintOfMint
November 21st, 2012, 10:20 AM
Gorgeous! And LOL about the ammonia!

Talma
November 21st, 2012, 11:24 AM
I'm one of those who like their own personal space and let others have theirs too, but that picture just made me want to reach out and touch! Your hair looks so smooth and OMG the color! Makes me want to go back to dyes after 11 months of no dye... :thud:

Lol I thought it was just me who got the big Puss n Boots eyes and was reaching for the screen! Holy hair envy Batman! Wanna trade? I actually have a secret wish to dye my hair eggplant purple but with the texture and length of my hair I'd have just a little too much of a Nikki Manaj thing happening. But dang it, You make me want to hold out for tailbone length and revisit the purple idea!!! I'll at least have to do the tips after this post!

RileyJane
November 21st, 2012, 05:26 PM
wow, i love the color!! i hope to reach your length some time soooon, congrats on good looking hair :)

Sylvestrix
November 21st, 2012, 06:00 PM
To color it I used Garnier Herbashine in burgundy to get that deep weird cherry coke color .... and with pride it says on the box ammonia free but LIES I can smells it! It burns us!

I was going to say something complimentary...but my brain has just melted with sheer pleasure xD You, good woman, get points for excellence all round!

sfgirl
November 21st, 2012, 10:46 PM
Everytime I see your hair, I want to just give up on mine. You have goddess hair!

Yame
November 21st, 2012, 10:57 PM
Wow! Your hair looks great... and it just keeps growing and growing!

Interestingly enough just last week I did the exact same thing as you. I've been trying to grow out my natural hair, but got bored of one piece of it being brown and the rest being black dye. Except in my case, the natural part only goes up to my ears. I dyed it the same color, red, but I used a semi-permanent color (manic panic) with no bleaching so that it'll essentially go back to being virgin again once the color washes off. My hair is so dark you can't even tell unless there's a lot of sunlight, in which case the top looks very red but the bottom is a darker red.
http://i.imgur.com/mkBOi.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/h2yMT.jpg

Not to steal your thread, though. Your hair grew like crazy since the last time I saw one of your posts, probably around a year ago.

clanless
November 21st, 2012, 11:09 PM
lucky boyfriend

error
November 22nd, 2012, 02:03 AM
OMG i did not expect to get so much positive feedback .. I was seriously blushing throughout the thread lol! AND YAME WE ARE HAIR SISTAS!!!! you are seriously my bizarro, you even dance, its crazy! i like it ... lol and thank you so much everyone, i felt kinda guilty dying my hair but i figured ya know what i hit my fingertip goal i think i can go for some crazy change and i do love purple reds, i should go with the manic panic idea though !!!

Avital88
November 27th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Error your hair has superpowers.. It looks extremely strong and healthy..gorgeous!

sihaya
November 27th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Amazing hair... I'm speechless. I have black ends too and when I grow out my roots enough, I might go for this...

jacqueline101
November 27th, 2012, 03:23 AM
I love the color. Its a shamed hair dye companies lie about the stuff they add to their product.

ozzy
November 27th, 2012, 04:09 AM
WOW WOW WOW! your hair is absolutely beautiful!!!

Hairwish
November 27th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Very pretty!

spidermom
November 27th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Fan - freaking - tastic! My hair looks so plain in comparison; I should do something with it.

owlathena
November 27th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Absolutely gorgeous! :crush:

Seeshami
November 27th, 2012, 04:47 PM
It's probably not ammonia, it's generic brand slightly different chemical that does and pretty much is the exact same thing as ammonia. x,X

Looks beautiful I love dark hair but my skin is to pink for the naughty mess to be dark. I think our hair may be hanging out with each other when we are sleeping because it sounds like they both have the same behavioral problems.

Accalia
November 28th, 2012, 02:45 AM
wow gorgeous! :o

RavennaNight
November 28th, 2012, 03:32 AM
:thud: Wow! The color is excellent!

Lissandria
November 28th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Gorgeous hair error and Yame.

:thudpile:

Im a brunette also growing out black hair dye- perhaps ill try this or something similar.

error
November 28th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Lol I love you guys, and I have to admit I blushed pretty hard getting comments from people like user (hairwish) thanks everyone for the lovely complements! and I fully recommend using a red or purple tone if you are brunette growing out black dye :> It makes it look like you meant to have dark ends for some reason lol

Beatnik Guy
November 29th, 2012, 07:51 AM
:thudpile:

(how about another shot too that shows the ends?) :wink:

crazycandigirl
November 29th, 2012, 07:55 AM
It turned out lovely!

twoLs118
November 29th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Beautiful!!

woolyleprechaun
November 29th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Whoa, its so pretty my brains leaked a bit. Absolutely gorgeous :)

oktobergoud
November 29th, 2012, 11:53 AM
:thud: amazing hair!

beautifulending
November 29th, 2012, 11:22 PM
:agape::thudpile::crush: Love your hair!

starlamelissa
November 30th, 2012, 06:45 AM
I love chemicals! yay hair dye!!!!

Irish Fae
November 30th, 2012, 09:27 AM
I am seriously at a loss for words.... your hair is GORGEOUS!!! If only my hair could one day look even half as stunning, I would be happy!!!