PDA

View Full Version : Cassia and indigo for black hair

curlychica702
November 20th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Hey, can i do a two step process with cassia and indigo to get black hair? I have naturally supper dark auburn brown hair thats been hennad 3 times and i just dyed it black using a perment chemical dye its been a couple weeks and its faided back to brown:(

I would like to get jet black or blue black with not so much red, is it possible? And has anyone ever tryed a two step process with cassia and indigo?

PinkyCat
November 20th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Here's what my silly little brain's deductive reasoning did with that question:

Blonde people use cassia, so cassia must be yellow - right?
Indigo is blue.
Yellow + Blue = Green.

This may be ENTIRELY incorrect - but alas, a lesson in color theory. :)

On a side note - I have issues with my black fading if I use products with protein in them.

curlychica702
November 20th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Oh i see but my hairs really dark, and i mean really really dark brown like almost black so i dont think any green would show up. I was just wondering if the indigo would "stick" to hair with a cassia treatment vs henna

sfgirl
November 20th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Cassia is such a light stain, that I doubt it could really implement that much color as to be green. If you have dark hair it's mainly good for conditioning properties. I don't use henna or indigo, so I'll let someone else give you advice about that.
HOWEVER, if you want blue black hair, I believe luxepiggy uses pravana vivids with great results. They're deposit only and can't lighten, but they come in some awesome colors like blue black. :)

curlychica702
November 20th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Yeah thats what i was thinking. Thanks! I will look those up, im just trying to go the natural route cuz i just used permant dye. But if they are safe to use on color treated hair i might do a strand test.