PDA

View Full Version : Short layers on BSL/Waist length hair, advice? pics?

Sweet_Decadence
October 31st, 2012, 03:11 PM
So I've been rather successfully growing my hair long for the past to years and I'm really happy with the length of it now(between BSL and waist) but I'm starting to find I'm very bored of it and dissatisfied with the range of style I can achieve with it when worn down.

I've always really liked the look of really big, sexy underwear model (gyaru) style hair like these:

(Sorry for the massive pics)

http://youryoutopia.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/tumblr_lhstm2bdis1qaetqno1_500.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5rijzAF521qhn9yto1_1280.jpg

I know that to achieve this kinda hairstyle I'll need to cut in some short layers and wear extensions for volume but I'd love it if some of you guys with lots of layer could maybe show me pictures of your haircuts...so I can see what I'm dealing with if i do cut it, so I know what it'll look like unstyled and also, I'd really like some advice on how to cut short layers into long hair, with all my google-fu I couldn't find any decent advice or tutorials. I'm pretty nervous to do it myself.

Thank you :)

joflakes
October 31st, 2012, 03:38 PM
I might be really blind but I can't see any shorter layers, just a lot of volume! I love the photos though and I hope you manage to find what you're after :)

millyaulait
October 31st, 2012, 04:18 PM
I've cut layers into my hair before, I wish I could give you some instructions but I honestly just scoured the internet for pictures and went with my hairstincts.. :laugh:

I can't comment on how they would look on long hair unstyled, mine are a lot longer now, but my hair *is* still layered. It's annoying for updos, but they do look great when my hair is down.

I don't think I could ever go blunt, without layers, I would be too bored of it. Layers also make sockbun curls look even more awesome & sexy. Sorry I can't be of any help since mine are long layers, but I hope you find something that works for you.

If you go cutting in layers you might want to get someone else to do the back for you, I messed mine up a bit at the back due to bad mirror placement & the layers there wound up shorter than they should have been. Just take it slow, you can always take more off, but you can't put more on! :flower:

dulce
October 31st, 2012, 09:57 PM
Steam rollers may make your hair look like this?