PDA

View Full Version : Can Cassia change Henna Colour?

Redhead Rebel
October 29th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Hi there,

I dyed my hair with pure henna on Saturday, unfortunatley it has gone a bit too dark and red for me as I didn't want to have to deal with regrowth and my hair now looks brown indoors. I only left the henna on for 1 and a half hours.

If I put Cassia over the henna would it change/lighten the colour at all? I'm just wanting it a bit lighter and more orange than red. I tried the mineral oil method last night but that didn't help :(.

Thanks

cmg
October 29th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I'm afraid it woun't. You might try coconut oil. If kept warm on your head, it is known for drawing out henna if it is a recent application. Any long duration treatment (condish etc) should be able to lift SOME. If you have c-vitamines or some fresh lemon or lime juice you can try rinsing your hair with it or leave it on for an hour. This has made the henna bleed for some people. Good Luck - you will need it :eyebrows:

/ CMG

xoxophelia
October 29th, 2012, 05:58 PM
To add, bleach or yellow manic panic

Dorothy
October 29th, 2012, 07:50 PM
I have heard bleach doesn't remove Henna, and it's quite damaging to hair, so I'd be careful there. Nightshade has a thread on how she lightened hers over time with careful applications of sun-in.

maborosi
October 31st, 2012, 09:28 PM
Cassia itself won't do much, it may warm the color up, but the only way it can affect the color, in my experience, is if it's mixed.

You may want to try honey lightening, sun-in, colorfix, or very very low volume peroxide + bleach if none of those work (honey should work since it has extremely minute volumes of peroxide).

I had some luck with honey lightening my hair, but it took a while- several applications, but I was lightening almost-black hair.

~maborosi~