PDA

View Full Version : Am I to old?

W2
October 29th, 2012, 01:03 PM
To go out in public with my hair in 2 english braids?
Is that a style just for kids and very young girls?

Well, I'm off course asking, cause when I wear my hair in a bun, my father tell me, that I look old. And in braids, my mother is not happy.

allycat
October 29th, 2012, 01:05 PM
That's my almost every day style and I'm 48 so of course I say go for it!

W2
October 29th, 2012, 01:07 PM
That's my almost every day style and I'm 48 so of course I say go for it!

Great!

I'll continue wearing my braids.

jacqueline101
October 29th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Nope go for it.

ravenreed
October 29th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Which style makes you happier?

joflakes
October 29th, 2012, 01:17 PM
You're never too old! Do what makes you happy.

spidermom
October 29th, 2012, 01:30 PM
As long as they're not pigtail braids coming off the upper top-sides of your head, you're good to go.

Actually, I guess that's o.k., too. A woman who works at a local grocery store used to wear her gray hair like that all the time. I thought "good for her!" Her hair is cut short now, though.

Accalia
October 29th, 2012, 01:32 PM
What joflakes says! You're never too old!

Tota
October 29th, 2012, 01:46 PM
You're never too old to do what you like with your hair!

I started wearing my hair in two braids when I first learned how to braid. Whenever my hair reached SL this was the most practical and comfortable hairstyle for me. I still wear my hair like that and I probably will 20 years from now.

Sarahlabyrinth
October 29th, 2012, 02:06 PM
If you like it, do it! It's YOUR hair!:)

long&blonde
October 29th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Personally I love seeing women, 50s and older, in 2 pigtail braids, especially with natural gray/silver/white hair. There are 5 ladies in my area, in their 50s and 60s, who I Regularly see out and about, who wear this style. Their length appears near classic. I've not made the plunge to go natural white yet, but at 58, an inch past waist, I wear 2 english braids frequently too.
My mom hates it too! Lol! She is 84, and tells me she wishs I'd get a haircut similar to Olivia on Law and Order SvU.
My mum does have natural snow white hair, in the every couple month very short perm look.
I think their generation grew up believing in cuts and perms as selfcare for women.
She did have classic hair as a girl,at age 8, that she wore in a braid.
Thinking ideas one grows up with,are hard to shake.
I grew up with "long hair, no makeup, hippie ideals"
That still are me at 58.
But no I don't think you are too old.

gboneske
October 29th, 2012, 02:18 PM
I hear this a lot on my nail forum too... "Am I too old for glitter?" If YOU are happy then who cares what mom and dad think.

Wear the style you like and ROCK it.

LaurelSpring
October 29th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Wear what makes you happy. I am almost 50 and I go through phases of feeling like a style makes me look old or Im too old to wear a particular style. I switch it up and sometimes that feeling passes. I just go with how I am feeling at the time and if I feel like wearing it again in a couple of days or weeks then I do. For me styles are a mood thing. Like today I have it in three braids. French braided from the top on the center and both sides and then those braids braided. I think its pretty cool today. Tomorrow I may think its absolutely insane... :crazyq:

Lostsoule77
October 29th, 2012, 03:40 PM
If you don't feel silly wearing two braids then you are not too old to wear them. It all depends on your perspective. :D

itdontmatter48
November 15th, 2012, 10:55 AM
When we quit doing what we enjoy, that is when we 'get' old. Do what you want and have fun doing it.

Kat
November 17th, 2012, 09:34 AM
I certainly hope not, because I just turned 30 and I still wear my hair in two braids nearly every day (in part because the way I do my hair to work out every day--Heidi braids-- requires it and I don't feel like having to re-do my hair just to work out when I can just quickly throw the two braids up). Of course, most people think I look like I'm still a teenager, so that could be why I get away with it (and my mom keeps insisting that wearing my hair in one or two braids is WHY people think I'm younger than I am), but hell... think of Willie Nelson! LOL.

Kat
November 17th, 2012, 10:04 AM
I certainly hope not, because I just turned 30 and I still wear my hair in two braids nearly every day (in part because the way I do my hair to work out every day--Heidi braids-- requires it and I don't feel like having to re-do my hair just to work out when I can just quickly throw the two braids up). Of course, most people think I look like I'm still a teenager, so that could be why I get away with it (and my mom keeps insisting that wearing my hair in one or two braids is WHY people think I'm younger than I am), but hell... think of Willie Nelson! LOL.

Wildcat Diva
November 17th, 2012, 09:06 PM
I think it is fine!

Aladria
November 18th, 2012, 10:53 PM
I really love seeing this style on anyone, and I love seeing nonconventional styles on "older" women in general. I think it makes them look like confident and interesting people!

W2
November 19th, 2012, 01:08 AM
I've been wearing the braids a lot after your responses - so thanks!

Shepherdess
November 19th, 2012, 09:11 AM

Yay! :cheer:

Shepherdess
November 19th, 2012, 09:12 AM

Yay! :cheer: