PDA

View Full Version : info on hair breakage

momoftwo708
October 29th, 2012, 12:54 PM
there is my hair a few weeks ago, I am naturally medium brown, and after my wedding I went a little darker for the fall/winter.
I had to cut around 4-5 inches early september due to my hair being awful! Now its better and thick and my hemline is thick and nice, but the front sides of my hair are short i mean I can hide them behind my ears, but Im guessing its from breakage?
and the canopy in my back had couple short medium thick strands, no one can notice except u examine my hair, but its really annoying, to have the hair near by ears the same length of my bangs, any advice

jacqueline101
October 29th, 2012, 01:20 PM
I'd be patient the hairs you've described will grow in time.

momoftwo708
October 29th, 2012, 05:43 PM
It sometimes looks awful, i hate this breakage it's a lot in the front I'm sad :(

Miss Catrina
October 29th, 2012, 06:35 PM
What is causing the breakage? Do you straighten your hair? When my hair was long, the front faceframing layers were terrible because they were straightened more meticulously than any of the rest. Another thing is, how did they cut your hair last time? If you had faceframing cut with a razor rather than with scissors, that weakens the ends of the hair and makes them more prone to breaking.
As for the shorter strands throughout your hair, did you shed a lot recently for whatever reason? Your hair isn't all growing at the same time or the same rate, you may just be seeing hairs that shed recently and began growing again.

momoftwo708
October 29th, 2012, 09:06 PM
I been straightening maybe 1 a week barley but more than I was two months ago, my hair is a mess when left to air dry because it's short, I recently trim my hair again! Due to the side of my hair like you explain and it's awful! , I cut my hair myself if you look at my threads you will see how bad my hair was, does anything help with breakage? Coconut oil?

itdontmatter48
November 14th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Could it be the hair dye you mentioned? Box? You didn't say. Box dye is horrible for my hair.

melusine963
November 18th, 2012, 08:30 AM
I used to have the same problems with the front of my hair. That part was far more damaged than any of the rest, due to getting handled more frequently and more roughly. I find oiling those bits really helps. It makes them lie better (meaning I need to handle and style them less), and has gone a long way to reducing splits and breakage. They've grown much longer than they've ever been before.