PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Still Using Monistat?

dragonfly90
October 29th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I know there are a bunch of threads, but they're old. My hair is super super short and I'm trying to grow out my bangs. Does anyone still use monistat and does it give you results?

RileyJane
November 20th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Yeah, but i also noticed that it'll either work for you or just do nothing. When i was using it ( about a 2 month span every few days to give it a break ) i would get an extra inch here and there, but mostly life got in the way so i stopped using it. never had any adverse effects, and my hair that has grown from it looks and feels the same, if not stronger ( might be just my own opinion). You can always make sure you're not allergic to any ingredients on it before you give it a try, or just be patient. when i hated my bangs, i would twist them out of the way to the side, and that normally worked until they got longer and blended with my hair.

Ambystoma
November 20th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I am :). I honestly can't say whether the great growth increase I've seen is from Monistat or not, since I've made other hair friendly changes to my routine including a hair and nails vitamin but it is keeping my scalp happy and healthy even after returning to sulphates and happy scalp = better growth. It's also hard to judge since I used to get around an inch a month before the bleach disaster that left me with fried chin length locks and them 1cm/month for 2 years after so it may be that my scalp just took a while to recover. I'll keep using it though since I don't want to risk a flaky scalp again like I've had most of my adult life in case the Monistat is what is keeping it clear, since a lot of scalp problems stem from mild fungal infections.

pogo0685
November 20th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Both my husband and I tried it for almost 4 months, it did nothing for either of us. He has a receding hairline that was just getting worse and worse. I wanted growth all over but I found it hard and time consuming to do my hair and his so after 4 months we called it quits. He no longer wears a hat and he cut off his mid back length hair and his receding hairline is now growing back.