PDA

View Full Version : One year at LHC - pics! =)

joflakes
October 25th, 2012, 06:00 AM
So, it's come around so fast but at the same time it's felt like a lifetime.

In June 2011, my hair looked like this:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/jobrookman/June2011.jpg

I liked it but it wasn't 'me'. So I let it grow until October 2011 when I found LHC and it looked like this:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/jobrookman/17thOctober2011.jpg

It's been a bumpy ride! I thought my hair was naturally straight...turns out I'd just fried it so much before that all the wave had gone!

Here's my hair as of this morning:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/jobrookman/20121025_120049.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/jobrookman/20121025_120027.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/jobrookman/20121025_120006.jpg

Problems I want to fix:

- layers around my face are a bit annoying.
- fringe needs a trim on one side as I cut it wrong last time, oops!

Anyway...what do you all think? :o

lazuliblue
October 29th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Wow!!!!! You're my new hair-inspiration :) I too have started off with a pixie...I really hope it gets as long as yours in a year.

It looks gorgeous and I love the colour. Congratulations!

blaketob
October 29th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Congrats on your growth! It looks great!!! Happy growing :)

Golden
October 29th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Looks soooo good! I like your waves/curls!

melusine963
October 29th, 2012, 12:01 PM
What a change! I'm amazed at your progress. :)

joflakes
October 29th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Thank you everyone!

lazuliblue - you'll get there! :)

oktobergoud
October 29th, 2012, 12:59 PM
It has gotten sooo long! Our hair looks quite similar I think :D Yours is almost as long as mine.. it grows fast! :o

jacqueline101
October 29th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Your hair has come along ways.

xoxophelia
October 29th, 2012, 01:14 PM
It doesn't look 1b (unless you have added some waves). Maybe 1c or 2a. Have you tried any variations of the curly girl method? Nice progress :)

Neecola
October 29th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Congrats!! You have had some serious growth in just one year!

Accalia
October 29th, 2012, 01:33 PM
It's lovely! Congrats! :D

Lostsoule77
October 29th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Seems like you have had a lot of growth and your hair looks really good! Congratulations on one year here. :D

joflakes
October 29th, 2012, 04:00 PM
It has gotten sooo long! Our hair looks quite similar I think :D Yours is almost as long as mine.. it grows fast! :o

Yeah it is almost catching up with you! I just wish the front of my hair looked like yours! :)

Your hair has come along ways.

Thanks!

It doesn't look 1b (unless you have added some waves). Maybe 1c or 2a. Have you tried any variations of the curly girl method? Nice progress :)

No, that's all my natural texture.
I have but it is all uneven and horrible looking. I don't really have time for air drying it these days - either plaiting or blow drying (less often!) is all I can do. If you have any suggestions feel free!

Congrats!! You have had some serious growth in just one year!

Thanks, I think I've done pretty well!

It's lovely! Congrats! :D

Thank you :)

Seems like you have had a lot of growth and your hair looks really good! Congratulations on one year here. :D

Thanks! :D

xoxophelia
October 29th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Wow then you have quite a lot of natural body to your hair :)

It is difficult if you don't have time to air dry. As far as the unevenness goes, that generally gets better as your hair gets longer and the wave pattern becomes more obvious. It is interesting to experiment with natural wave pattern though. Once your get a handle on what you hair likes to have decently controlled waves, it is really nice being able to mostly wash and go (especially in the warmer months when hair dries more quickly). Having a blow dryer and heat styling tools attached to my hip isn't something I miss

joflakes
October 29th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Wow then you have quite a lot of natural body to your hair :)

It is difficult if you don't have time to air dry. As far as the unevenness goes, that generally gets better as your hair gets longer and the wave pattern becomes more obvious. It is interesting to experiment with natural wave pattern though. Once your get a handle on what you hair likes to have decently controlled waves, it is really nice being able to mostly wash and go (especially in the warmer months when hair dries more quickly). Having a blow dryer and heat styling tools attached to my hip isn't something I miss

Hehe, yes it certainly does have a lot of body!

Yeah I thought as much. Longer is better when it comes to wavy! I can't wait.

I actually straightened my hair the other day and I hated it. It was limp and flat and lifeless! I don't know why I did it for so long before. Strange the habits we get into!

I think for now as I like the look of my braid waves I'll likely stick with that and damp bunning until such time as my layers are a bit longer and then I can get down to experimenting without looking mad!

white.chocolate
November 20th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is lovely!

I don't know why you think your shorter layers are a bit annoying... they look fine to me! :)

rach
November 20th, 2012, 03:30 PM
That is an amazing amount of growth. Well done :)

Shebelina
November 20th, 2012, 03:35 PM
That's fantastic progress for just one year, congratulations!

Lissandria
November 20th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Great progress- your hair is looking so full and bouncy. It will look gorgeous longer, too. :)

Juanita
November 20th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Looking very pretty

lapushka
November 20th, 2012, 03:49 PM
It looks pretty! And awesome growth! :)

jessie58
November 20th, 2012, 04:29 PM
That's fantastic growth. It's looking great.

RileyJane
November 20th, 2012, 06:37 PM
good growth! keep it up and before you know it itll be seriously long :)