PDA

View Full Version : I want to be stylist free

Flossiebell
October 25th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Hi all

I went to the stylist (not my usual one) just over a month ago and asked them to cut the layers out of my hair. They probably cut off an inch. They put some Redken Extreme Anti-Snap in my hair which they told me was a protein treatment which was great, blah, blah so I bought some which I have used occasionally since. Then she insisted on blow drying my hair a little bit so I didn't catch cold. I don't tend to use heat on my hair at all.

Anyway, my hair has been tangling ever since I walked out of the salon. Every time I go near my hair with my comb, tangle teezer or fingers all I can hear is my hair snapping even if I am ultra gentle. My ends feel rough and I seem to have split ends already but they are the elusive sort so you see them when you have no scissors on hand to snip them off but when you are actively looking for them with scissors on standby they vanish :mad:

I am now thinking of cutting my hair myself but am very nervous about taking the plunge. I have almost BSL wavy hair that is all one length at the moment but I am thinking a slight V shape may be nice but am unsure if my hair is long enough for that? I have seen Feye's method on the internet and just want to know is it really as easy at it looks on the instructions? In my experience nothing is ever that simple :confused:

PS - I am slathering on coconut oil to try and sort out the roughness which seems to be helping.

Avital88
October 25th, 2012, 01:49 AM
i would just leave it for now, use some extra hairmasks and oils and see in 2weeks how you feel about it..
If its your first time trimming i would start with just taking of a little snip of the ends instead of trying for a V,also i think a V looks better with hair waist+
Just my 2 cents , good luck!

OhioLisa
October 25th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Sounds like protein overload. I would stop using the product and do some deep moisture treatments. Protein should always be followed by moisture. When it isn't, dry, brittle hair is often the result, which can lead to your splitting issue. :(

As far as trimming, why not just S&D for now and see how your hair recovers? Feye's method is a great one, but I say trim only when necessary, rather than on a set schedule.