PDA

View Full Version : PM/notifications problem

snowbird
March 17th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Hello mods!

I hope you're having an ok time sorting everyone out. Everytime I log on, I have a notification that I have a new PM, and that my mailbox is 98% full. If I go to the mailbox there is no new PM, in fact there are none at all, but all of the folders say they are full even after deleting them.

I know it's just a bug, for reference I am using Safari 1.3.2 for mac.

Thanks!!

:cheese:

physicschick
March 17th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I sent you a test message. That should cause it to reset its counter to the correct number of PMs you actually have (namely, one from me). If anyone else has this problem, you can also try sending a PM to yourself.

snowbird
March 17th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Receiving a message might fix your PM box.

Thanks for addressing the problem so soon- I understand you guys likely have lots of little things to fix as part of the changeover.

Unfortunately however, my inbox still reads as being totally full after receiving your message, and LHC auto-sent me an email message letting me know that as well. It also wouldn't let me send a message in reply due to there not being enough space.

Thanks for helping me out!

Teacherbear
March 17th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Snowbird, have you sent out a PM yet? That might clear/reset it, too.

WritingPrincess
March 18th, 2008, 03:55 PM
I'm having a different sort of problem. I can't figure out how to send a PM, and I have several that I want to send. Does anyone know where the button is for sending a PM?

Flaxen
March 18th, 2008, 04:25 PM
I'm having a different sort of problem. I can't figure out how to send a PM, and I have several that I want to send. Does anyone know where the button is for sending a PM?
Either click on the person's name from a post (box drops down, click on send PM), or go to your PM box, and over to the left (Your Control Panel), about halfway down is, "Send New Message."

WritingPrincess
March 19th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks Flaxen. I'm sorry to say that when I click on a username, there is never a button for sending a PM. The button is also missing on my user CP menu. Would you mind sending me a test PM? I think that would fix the problem. TIA.
ETA: the buttons under Private Messages are: View messages (or something to that effect) and edit folders. Sorry 'bout this.

Flaxen
March 19th, 2008, 04:15 PM
I'll check into it. :smile:

WritingPrincess
March 19th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks again. I thought if I get a PM, I could use the reply button to send new messages.

WritingPrincess
March 20th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Thank you for whatever you did! Both of the PM buttons that were AWOL have come back, and my PM box is up and running! :happydance:

Áine
March 20th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Snowbird, have you sent out a PM yet? That might clear/reset it, too.

I know I'm not Snowbird, but I have tried a variety of things, and still I cannot send or receive because my PM box still reads at 100%.

- I've tried to sign into the archives and clear out PM messages. I tried to send myself messages while in the archives, which works there but not here.

- I've also tried to send myself messages from here to myself, still doesn't work.

Is there something else that I might be able to try? Thanks in advance.

Flaxen
March 20th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Aine, I think it will take and administrator since those other things didn't work. I'll let them know.

Yay, Writing Princess! :grin:

snowbird
March 20th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Ah, I am fixed now- thank you mods/admin!

Ms Monnie
March 21st, 2008, 03:34 PM
I'm gonna bump this because I also have this problem. I've tried sending myself a PM. I would appreciate any help :).

Flaxen
March 21st, 2008, 03:42 PM
I'll let the admins know, Ms Monnie. :smile:

Ms Monnie
March 21st, 2008, 05:38 PM
Thank you Flaxen! :flower:

snowbird
March 25th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Hm, I don't know when it happened, but my PM box has reverted back to it's '100% full' state

thanks for all of your help!

Ms Monnie
April 4th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Any update on this?

harpgal
April 4th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Any update on this?
I just sent you a PM. Hopefully this will help. :)

Ms Monnie
April 4th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Thank you, it's the first PM I've been sent that actually has gotten through :cheese:.

However, it's still says that my PM box is 100% full (and that there's one unread message in there, but I can't see it), and so I wasn't able to send a reply.

harpgal
April 4th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Well, that stinks! I'm going to send you another one.

Ms Monnie
April 4th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I think it worked this time :D. Let me know if you get my reply.

harpgal
April 4th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Problem solved....for now. LOL!