PDA

View Full Version : Help me fix my ends!!

sjshelt
October 24th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Hey everyone! I would love y'all to help me fix my ends!! Thanks in advance!!

Over the past year:

I have clarified it!

I have chelated it!

I have moisturized it out the wazoo!

I have used oils...damp oiling and dry oiling....mineral oiling...everything!

yet my ends are still so frizzy! I have also cut about 4 inches off this year...so it isn't damage. I am very careful and protective of my hair! I wear it up all the time, sleep on a satin pillowcase, etc...

What could be wrong?? Can you help??

I'm so frustrated ahhh!! :pray: please help!!

jacqueline101
October 24th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Maybe its the brand of oils and products you've used.

sjshelt
October 24th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Possibly....but I have changed everything up a lot this year!

I'll investigate my products even further......

Thanks for the comment!!

I'm hoping that this isn't 'just the way my hair is'!

ravenreed
October 24th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Is it just frizz? I think that is normal for my hair type. My hair is never sleek, it always have a wild, sproingy quality to it. I accept it as part of its chaotic charm.

Wildcat Diva
October 24th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Geez, it sounds like you have tried most everything. You didn't talk about your wash routine/ product useage. Not sure if that could have any factor in it. I am worried about my ends too. I use nightblooming's panacea and I like it. But ends are very prone to dryness. I added coconut oil to my ends tonight. I wish I could be more help to you.

Wildcat Diva
October 24th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Could your ends actually need cones?

melusine963
October 25th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Even if you've trimmed off four inches this year, you could still be growing out old damage. How long have you had your current hair-friendly routine, and what state was your hair in before? I've been taking good care of mine for a few years now, but it will be a good few more before I get rid of the old damage.

Avital88
October 25th, 2012, 01:54 AM
i agree with melusine,my hair was still frizz after taking off 5 inches so i ended up taking off 14 inches totally :-) needless to say its still frizzy because i only have 4 inches of bleach free hair yet but it improved more than with just taking off 5.
Are you using heat? that could be it too.

Avital88
October 25th, 2012, 01:55 AM
and do you eat well enough? usually dry skin equals dry hair for me ,when i take a lot of omegas or eat more avocados i see difference in both

OhioLisa
October 25th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Do you comb or brush? Are you using heat? What is your current routine?

sjshelt
October 25th, 2012, 04:06 AM
I'm a curly wurly thus I haven't owned a brush since 2004!! I only comb it with a wide toothed comb and gently with my fingers. Also, I only use heat occasionally...meaning maybe 2 times a year if that (I haven't used heat since my wedding Nov.11, 2011).

I wash my hair every 3rd day. Oil shampoo method. I did use the CO method for about 4 months and Oil Shampoo seemed to work better for me. I also do a EO scalp massage 2x a week to reduce shedding.

I have considered coney serums on the ends....however these would build up with my current wash rountine.....BUT I'm open to anything at this point! Any suggestions on coney serums or anything like it for my ends??? Does glycerin help?? I've been reading a little about it on here...more information would be appreciated!

I'm thinking I just may have to accept this as my hair....

I shall keep trimming until I have fully virgin post LHC hair and see how that goes!!!

Thanks again everyone!

ladonna
October 29th, 2012, 11:07 AM
It might be the oil shampoo.